PDA

View Full Version : Meet up in the NY area the 9. or 10. July?

Boogar
07-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Hey Guys

As you may know I am traveling to the US the8. of july.
I would be interested in a meet up with you guys very much :)

So who is in? :D

I have never been to NY before so i dont rly know where to meet etc, do you guys have any suggestions?

Cheers
Boogar

Boogar
07-02-2016, 01:39 AM
So how about it?

NextLevel
07-02-2016, 02:27 AM
My family is aroubd so it is going to be interesting. Most suitable club for me is my home club, then Princeton Pong, then Lily Yip TTC. None of these are in NY though.

Boogar
07-02-2016, 02:33 AM
My family is aroubd so it is going to be interesting. Most suitable club for me is my home club, then Princeton Pong, then Lily Yip TTC. None of these are in NY though.

I think someone brought up Lily Yip TTC up in a different thread. As I recall its located between NY and philly?

Google tells me its a 40 minute ride from New Jersey, i think that should be possible.

What day would you prefer?

UpSideDownCarl
07-02-2016, 02:42 AM
Not sure if I will be able to make it to LYTTC. My life is becoming more and more crazy and I can only do what I can right now.

But, if, closer to the date I find I can go, I will let you guys know. Last few weeks I've had too much going on to play any TT.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

NextLevel
07-02-2016, 02:48 AM
I think someone brought up Lily Yip TTC up in a different thread. As I recall its located between NY and philly?

Google tells me its a 40 minute ride from New Jersey, i think that should be possible.

What day would you prefer?

Princeton Pong, Lily TTC and NJTTC at Westfield are all close to train stations so you can go to any one of them by train (you might need a short ridge at Princeton).

Boogar
07-02-2016, 02:50 AM
I dont want you guys to go out of your way just to play with me. However if you find the time i would be very happy :)

Der_Echte
07-02-2016, 03:03 AM
Der_Echte is stuck like Chuck in DC...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

songdavid98
07-02-2016, 03:03 AM
Ohh, I'll probably be at Lily Yip's around July 8-12 for their training camp.

NextLevel
07-02-2016, 03:04 AM
Der_Echte is stuck like Chuck in DC...

Are you playing tomorrow?

Der_Echte
07-02-2016, 03:05 AM
If I play it will be real early in Chantilly like 12 or 1 pm for only a couple hrs.

Boogar
07-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Ohh, I'll probably be at Lily Yip's around July 8-12 for their training camp.

Hot stuff! What is the camp about?

NextLevel
07-02-2016, 03:14 AM
If I play it will be real early in Chantilly like 12 or 1 pm for only a couple hrs.

So no Howard County TTC for you. Oh well...

songdavid98
07-02-2016, 03:15 AM
Just training.
http://www.lilyttc.com/
go to their website and scroll down.

It's usually a bunch of teens and kids who enter the training camp. You get to train with a bunch of coaches from China.

Der_Echte
07-02-2016, 03:15 AM
My next tourney will be Smash ttc giant round robin in a month.

ttmonster
07-02-2016, 06:09 AM
@Boogar, I would advise seriously try to contact LYTTC and try go get into a few sessions for the camp !! Knowing you, you will end up loving it . I have been to similar training camps elsewhere , I always came out wishing I was 10 years younger and highly satisfied , it will give you a taste of what you need to do to become better ...

ttmonster
07-02-2016, 06:10 AM
And you hope you meet all the great guys over on the east coast , is the wind blows you west into San Jose area, I will happily try to meet you , or may be some other time :)

Boogar
07-02-2016, 01:47 PM
And you hope you meet all the great guys over on the east coast , is the wind blows you west into San Jose area, I will happily try to meet you , or may be some other time :)

Jea that would be great, i have to see how i can organise it as i am not traveling alone :-P dont want to be too selfish.

As for letting the wind blow me over, i would love that but i can't guarantee anything :)

Boogar
07-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Update: I only have time the 9. of july

NextLevel
07-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Are you still coming to Philly?

Boogar
07-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Are you still coming to Philly?

The plan is to land in Newark stay in NY until the morning of the 10. and then drive up to boston.

I propably wont make it as far down as philly but to Lily Yip TTC should be possible!

Der_Echte
07-02-2016, 04:11 PM
@Boogar, I would advise seriously try to contact LYTTC and try go get into a few sessions for the camp !! Knowing you, you will end up loving it . I have been to similar training camps elsewhere , I always came out wishing I was 10 years younger and highly satisfied , it will give you a taste of what you need to do to become better ...

Maybe he gets to hit with TT Daily Member/Coach MaTT - Matt Hetherington

Der_Echte
07-02-2016, 04:14 PM

The plan is to land in Newark stay in NY until the morning of the 10. and then drive up to boston.

I probably wont make it as far down as philly but to Lily Yip TTC should be possible!

I go to Boston every month or two, but no plans to go up there on those dates. Lookup Boston Medford TTC

http://www.bostonttc.us/

Plenty of players all levels. Many at your level. If you are there on a Fri/Sat/Sunday, you might run into some hardbat legends who are both 2000+ level playing vs inverted players and both have no knees whatsoever, one step is all they got before they reach the limit of crash and burn, but these gents will burn you if you don't take over the point right away.

UpSideDownCarl
07-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Boogar. Saturday I can't do anything. It looks like you are going to be leaving NYC Sunday morning. I was going to offer to meet up at Spin Sunday afternoon.

If you are gone, that won't work. But if you end up being in NYC we can meet up Sunday evening.

Feel free to PM me and I will give you contact info.

pgpg
07-06-2016, 05:57 PM
I go to Boston every month or two, but no plans to go up there on those dates. Lookup Boston Medford TTC

http://www.bostonttc.us/

Plenty of players all levels. Many at your level. If you are there on a Fri/Sat/Sunday, you might run into some hardbat legends who are both 2000+ level playing vs inverted players and both have no knees whatsoever, one step is all they got before they reach the limit of crash and burn, but these gents will burn you if you don't take over the point right away.

Boston TTC has league nights on Monday (B) and Tuesday (A league) - just show up around 6 pm and play league matches with people close to your level. I'm back in Boston on 13th as well.

NextLevel
07-06-2016, 06:11 PM

I propably wont make it as far down as philly but to Lily Yip TTC should be possible!

I can't be sure until Saturday morning. Send me your details when you are in town. PRinceton would have been easier but I will try.

Boogar
07-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Boogar. Saturday I can't do anything. It looks like you are going to be leaving NYC Sunday morning. I was going to offer to meet up at Spin Sunday afternoon.

If you are gone, that won't work. But if you end up being in NYC we can meet up Sunday evening.

Feel free to PM me and I will give you contact info.

Ah sucks :( I will try to persuade the others!

Boogar
07-06-2016, 09:24 PM
Boston TTC has league nights on Monday (B) and Tuesday (A league) - just show up around 6 pm and play league matches with people close to your level. I'm back in Boston on 13th as well.

Cool i will :) as i recall you wont be there ?

I will be in northhampton first, then salem and then in new hampshire. is that too far away?

Boogar
07-06-2016, 09:28 PM
I can't be sure until Saturday morning. Send me your details when you are in town. PRinceton would have been easier but I will try.

Okay i will! I think there is a bus to princeton i could also try to get that one.

NextLevel
07-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Okay i will! I think there is a bus to princeton i could also try to get that one.

There is a train as well. But just keep in touch once you get here.

StehTischtennis
07-06-2016, 10:30 PM
What a coincidence, I'm also flying to NYC on the 8th of July :)
But I'm there for the full week.

I'm still not sure if I should bring my racket and shoes, because none of my travel buddies play table tennis.
So even if I find the time and place to play a little bit, I still need someone to train with :)

Boogar
07-06-2016, 10:34 PM
What a coincidence, I'm also flying to NYC on the 8th of July :)
But I'm there for the full week.

I'm still not sure if I should bring my racket and shoes, because none of my travel buddies play table tennis.
So even if I find the time and place to play a little bit, I still need someone to train with :)

Lol :D

Bring them ! I would love to train with you. Just on the 9. tho :-P The people im traveling with arent tt players sadly.

StehTischtennis
07-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Ok then, I'll bring my stuff with me. Doesn't take too much space anyway ;)

Any idea where we could play? I'm staying in Midtown Manhattan btw.

Boogar
07-06-2016, 10:51 PM
I will try to meet up with NL at the Lily Yip tt center or maybe at princeton.

http://www.teamusa.org/usa-table-tennis/clubs/find-a-club

Those two clubs are between Philly and NY. In the end it will be spontanious i guess :-P

Do you have whatsapp or something to communicate?

StehTischtennis
07-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Sure I've got WhatsApp, I'll send you a PM with my number.

pgpg
07-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Cool i will :) as i recall you wont be there ?

I will be in northhampton first, then salem and then in new hampshire. is that too far away?

That's quite a definition of 'going to Boston'... :) Salem is closest to Boston TTC, around 40 min drive. Northhampton is probably ~2 hours and New Hampshire is a decent-size state, so depends where you end up. Likely an hour if you are close to MA border.

What brings you to Northhampton and NH, not really major tourist destinations as far as I know? Smith College and Dartmouth?

P.S. I am back in Boston on the evening of 12th.

Boogar
07-08-2016, 10:25 AM
That's quite a definition of 'going to Boston'... :) Salem is closest to Boston TTC, around 40 min drive. Northhampton is probably ~2 hours and New Hampshire is a decent-size state, so depends where you end up. Likely an hour if you are close to MA border.

What brings you to Northhampton and NH, not really major tourist destinations as far as I know? Smith College and Dartmouth?

P.S. I am back in Boston on the evening of 12th.

I guess playing tt there is going to be spontanious :)

Im traveling with my father and we are visiting the places where he grew up.
In Northampton we are at the Squamlake.

Boogar
07-08-2016, 11:09 AM
I am going too leave soon for the US :D

See ya all soon!

songdavid98
07-09-2016, 03:21 AM
Recently, I got hit in the face by something called a "job." I don't think I'll be playing ping pong anytime soon.

Der_Echte
07-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Notice to Mr. David Song... I got hit in the face called "Military Duty" for 30 years, whether i liked it or not. (Liked it the first 10 years) (bit the bullet for family the other 20)

I say that to setup the following sentence:

Life can hit U in the face. I made it happen somehow some way, even in the most remote place.

I commend you on your decision to allocate more emotional resources towards employment. We all gotta work if we are not already established investors.

if you think life hit you in the face with employment, a really essential task, wait until a WIFE hits you upside the face.

If you think a wife beating on you is demeaning, wait until you emotionally commit to giving everything you got towards a DAUGHTER. (or a son, either is worthy)

It will jump to a whole new level every week... and it is more compelling than a Korean Drama series.

I sound harsh, but life can get rough. I still think you got your head screwed on right enough, heck, if I look back on some things I did and decisions I made at your age given the circumstances, you could be a Socrates compared to me.

Der_Echte
07-09-2016, 05:07 PM
I retired after 30 years of quadruple wear and tear on my body, and I finally got into a place where in USA where I can play regularly every day if I choose... and I DO. I get up at O-Dark Thirty (that is 5:30 AM for civilians) to do a full time job that doesn't even pay for rent where I live. I drag my sorry azz back home at a late hour and do it all over again. The life of a TT warrior is not always glamorous.

I reckon you have had selfless parents and have the same ethos if/when you get kid(s).

You will make it, you got a lot better chance than me, given your potential of time and energy and possible flexibility.

Der_Echte
07-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Boogar...

We have seen ZERO pics of you on your adventure and this is a media oriented Millennial driven website...
We expect and demand MORE.

So how the heck did it go so far?

ttmonster
07-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Der_Echte totally rocked the forum today morning !! Great posts Maester William !!

NextLevel
07-10-2016, 04:46 AM
Boogar came to Princeton Pong and played quite a few matches with the players who do things you don't see on TV. I misplaced one of my camera batteries so I couldn't get all the footage but I got some. Will share soon.

NextLevel
07-10-2016, 05:41 AM
https://youtu.be/A77iagiIcb0

NextLevel
07-10-2016, 05:55 AM
Full playlist of All Boogar's recorded matches:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1xHYZmEaJtTnTO4mml9ED5NRVVSZ9G6P

Boogar played the Saturday night league and went 3-2.

Der_Echte
07-10-2016, 06:24 AM
I think he really enjoyed playing vs those ladies and the Pips Penholder :D

UpSideDownCarl
07-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Good stuff.

ttmonster
07-10-2016, 07:48 AM
Boogar, I watch you play the medium pips guy and you really played well !!!

NextLevel
07-10-2016, 09:22 AM
I couldn't record Boogar's best win which was his first league match vs a 1600 player. Zheng is almost 1800 and the medium pips guy is underrated at 1500 (I have played him so I know).

Boogar
07-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Hey guys :)
Im still tired after playing for seven hours yesterday. I had a blast!
Despite the Jetlag i think i played well for my standarts.
Nl really packs a punch, you cant see that in the videos.
Now the rating comparisons to switzerlands system. I would put a 2000 player at 1000-1200 swiss rating points... But very hard to compare as the numbers arent linear.

ttmonster
07-10-2016, 03:18 PM
The guy is definitely not 1500 , I am really glad for Boogar that he surprised him in the match play.

I couldn't record Boogar's best win which was his first league match vs a 1600 player. Zheng is almost 1800 and the medium pips guy is underrated at 1500 (I have played him so I know).