PDA

View Full Version : What are the best Stiga table tennis shoes?

Paz
07-02-2016, 01:36 PM
I am thinking about getting a pair but I cannot decide which pair to get ...

Rajah*
07-02-2016, 03:25 PM
If you are stickin with the brand..u can get instinct

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paz
07-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Thanks
i think I might try them.

Kokain
07-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Just get a cheap chinese ones for fraction of the cost. Traction for days...burn clutch not rubber :P

LucasMcCaine
07-02-2016, 09:18 PM
i've had the stiga shoes for 5 months now probably more and still going strong ,great shoes ,looking for an excuse to buy another pair of instinct 2

dio_hgw
07-03-2016, 08:37 AM
On what kind of floor do you usually play? Do they provide good cushioning?

i've had the stiga shoes for 5 months now probably more and still going strong ,great shoes ,looking for an excuse to buy another pair of instinct 2

Tommy16
07-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Instinct are the best really confortable, light weight and has an excelent grip. Mine just didn´t last too long. No I´m playing with Instinct 2 and they are much heavier and doesn´t have as good grip as previous Instinct.

UpSideDownCarl
07-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Instinct are the best really confortable, light weight and has an excelent grip. Mine just didn´t last too long. No I´m playing with Instinct 2 and they are much heavier and doesn´t have as good grip as previous Instinct.

This confirms my instincts about Stiga TT shoes. I would get from a different brand than Stiga. I had a pair of Stiga shoes that got destroyed in less than 3 months. I think the Instinct is better than what I had. But, this information that Tommy's didn't last too long speaks to the issue.

Why not just get shoes from a company that actually makes shoes. Like Mizuno or Asics. Or, why not get indoor soccer or badminton shoes. Those have the same specs as TT shoes. And somehow, the top of the line indoor soccer or badminton shoes cost way less than the top of the line TT shoes.

Why do I think this is? Table Tennis companies like Stiga and Butterfly, they don't actually make shoes. Butterfly's shoes are actually made by Asics so Butterfly charges a good $30.00 more for the same Asics shoe that Asics charges $30.00 less for. :)

Stiga outsources their shoes also. But, I don't know what companies they outsource to. I know the ones I had were made by a different company than the Instinct. But I still would be leery of buying shoes from a company that does not make shoes and just puts their branding on shoes made by some other company.

Karolis
07-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Instinct II shoes are the best of STIGA so far! They made a big step with this model in comparison with previous ones.
You can find a good deal on these shoes here:

http://www.ttmode.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=100&product_id=560

TTFrenzy
07-03-2016, 05:24 PM
the best stiga shoes are asics :P stiga shoes have very low durability for their price

Karolis
07-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Well, I would agree, but had a piece of different experience than one could expect. Normally I need two pairs of average shoes for one season (10 months). Few times I've tried to play with Aiscs Gel Blade shoes that cost above 100 and I still needed two pairs of them, because they cracked on sides. The same goes for Joola B-Swift which is a nice average priced shoe as well. This year I've played with Instinct II and..I needed one pair only. They don't look pretty at the moment though, but still running for summer playing time. There is more economical sense to use this model to me though.
Overall, not sure about Asics really, but Mizuno shoes are top. Than adidas I would say, but I do not find them comfortable to my feet. I have my doubts on BTY as they are Asics.

Karolis
07-03-2016, 06:36 PM
@TTFrenzy - love your slogan! The same goes for me :DDD

Kokain
07-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Nuff said - http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?12988-Big-shoe-trouble-in-little-China

Baal
07-05-2016, 02:59 AM
I love my Stiga Instinct shoes.

Mostawb
12-20-2018, 08:35 PM
I Love Stiga Shoes

yoass
12-20-2018, 09:29 PM
I use the Stiga Liner shoes, selected them from a choice of mainly Butterfly and Stiga models. I’m very pleased with them. Even more so than the worn-out Mizunos they replaced.

Lula
12-20-2018, 09:56 PM
I use instinct. They are good But the durability is bad.

Der_Echte
12-20-2018, 10:29 PM
I use instinct. They are good But the durability is bad.What is great about that approach is you get to do more shopping and have more fun more often and have new stuff more often...

That is a Win Win in anyone's book.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chuckjordan2
12-20-2018, 11:45 PM
Does anyone still have their Stiga shoes from when this thread was started in 2016? I would bet not.

I still have my XPD TT shoes from 2016 (soles are well worn though)...

perham
12-21-2018, 04:09 PM
They’re all garbage. Buy an Asics Gel-Blade 5/6/... and just enjoy it for two years.

Archyan
12-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Does anyone still have their Stiga shoes from when this thread was started in 2016? I would bet not.

I still have my XPD TT shoes from 2016 (soles are well worn though)...

Wait, your shoes from 2016 have well worn soles? So garbage! My Stiga shoes from 2014 still have perfect soles!

You're argument doesn't hold. It's all about perspective and what you want in your shoes. I like lightweight shoes, so I'll go for shoes that are thinner and thus will probably get worned out easier.

It also depends how much you train, if you practice less your shoes will hold longer.

Also, you should talk with the Fan Zhendong, and Xu Xin, and recommend them your shoes that you bought from 2016!!! Cause I've seen both of them change their shoes a lot lately. Bad quality in Mizuno and Li Ning shoes I guess...

Archyan
12-21-2018, 04:53 PM
They’re all garbage. Buy an Asics Gel-Blade 5/6/... and just enjoy it for two years.
Buy them if you don't want to feel the floor cause of really high soles, and if you want to feel clumsy cause of the weight

yogi_bear
12-21-2018, 06:48 PM
Liner 2.shoes. Much better compared than the Instinct and softer.

VBHARDWAJ
05-19-2019, 07:12 AM
Stiga Shoe Instinct

Loopadoop
05-19-2019, 08:06 AM
What is great about that approach is you get to do more shopping and have more fun more often and have new stuff more often...

That is a Win Win in anyone's book.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No a lose lose in anyone's pocket-book.

yoass
05-19-2019, 09:40 AM
No a lose lose in anyone's pocket-book.

A huge win for the 6th mass extinction event, though.