this is me playing .... advice welcome.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Hi
here i just uploaded me playing .
in first you have to now i`m sand-blind on one eye so i struggle on very slow .
I`m about 115 Kg in weight so i`m pretty slow on movement ..
So i chose middle speed ...
Most of mi game is based on spin play mostly with wrist movement (which level am i in us ranking system ?)
here is video from two matches .... first it is only my person because opponent does not want to be on the video.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I did not watch all, but it looks good. Nice serves, nice receive of serve, nice third ball attacks. Loops spinny enough so your opponent can't keep them down and get them on the table. Good stuff. Your third ball attack strategy is solid. And I like how you are looking to open with your BH over the table off the opponent's serves.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
if today you took a plain and landed in us you would be 2300.
still would be good to see you against someone who also attacks.

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
Like everyone's said. I can't advise, but I was immediately impressed.

Your serves are good and you have good spin technique. I think most people here would struggle to play with you. ;)

But that said, maybe some experts should watch the video, because I did see some things you probably want us to advise on. I can't do it myself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Like everyone's said. I can't advise, but I was immediately impressed.

Your serves are good and you have good spin technique. I think most people here would struggle to play with you. ;)

But that said, maybe some experts should watch the video, because I did see some things you probably want us to advise on. I can't do it myself.

He hasn't asked for any help and I am curious what you are seeing he is clearly a few levels above you. The funny thing is that when a player has physical issues like bobpuls does, it's not easy to give constructive advice without an idea of what he is looking for. IT's easy to say generic stuff like "you need to bend your knees and get lower" but it is better given his statements about his health for him to give an idea of what he needs before saying anything. And his general form is good. He doesn't take loop stroke repeatedly across his body, he is trying to generate spin on almost all his strokes and he has decent serves and deception. He could probably work on placing the ball better or adjusting his height for certain kinds of balls but that all depends on what specifically he is trying to solve.

Now if he came along claiming that he was looping like Ma Long or Timo Boll or other similar nonsense some people write in other threads, the reception I would have given him would be totally different.

says what [IMG]
He hasn't asked for any help and I am curious what you are seeing he is clearly a few levels above you. The funny thing is that when a player has physical issues like bobpuls does, it's not easy to give constructive advice without an idea of what he is looking for. IT's easy to say generic stuff like "you need to bend your knees and get lower" but it is better given his statements about his health for him to give an idea of what he needs before saying anything. And his general form is good. He doesn't take loop stroke repeatedly across his body, he is trying to generate spin on almost all his strokes and he has decent serves and deception. He could probably work on placing the ball better or adjusting his height for certain kinds of balls but that all depends on what specifically he is trying to solve.

Now if he came along claiming that he was looping like Ma Long or Timo Boll or other similar nonsense some people write in other threads, the reception I would have given him would be totally different.

The title has "advice welcome", which probably means that if anyone sees anything, they can try to help.

As someone with not exactly the best condition for super fast movement, I was thinking you could perhaps offer advice on playstyle and other aspects on how to avoid the negative sides of not being able to move well, for example.

But, to be honest, he probably doesn't "need" anything. He's at a great level IMO.

Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The spin is good and the tactics are solid and well thought out. I am not sure he needs more constructive criticism. He is doing a great job and got good footage that shows what he does and how he plays. Based on other threads, he also seems to be good at working with wood and other materials and is able to make some nice looking blades.

says what [IMG]
The spin is good and the tactics are solid and well thought out. I am not sure he needs more constructive criticism. He is doing a great job and got good footage that shows what he does and how he plays. Based on other threads, he also seems to be good at working with wood and other materials and is able to make some nice looking blades.
It's also good knowing that the blades are made by someone who can really play. No wonder they seem to be pretty good.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews

Next level is clearly see my biggest problems of receiving some kind of short serves which im missing to often ...this just drive me crazy and I swear a lot in this cases ... and this mostly get me of the rhythm ... but maybe is it connected with problem with the eyes ... which im not certain sure ... have to force it more.
my game style is simple because of my body slov-mo movement speed.
tactic is :playing fast and unconformable positions from the start to get opponent player under pressure.... this is my goal and this im training a lot on robot ....
first are the serves and second the reception ... the spin is critical to get opponent make as most of errors as possible.
i do not try to play according to any of top players .... i have used some good tutorials to get my backhand good and now im trying to get my forehand better because here i have in pressure game many bad habits with defending and not attacking.... this are bad habits i have to get rid of .. and also my forehand placement is still far from good ....

Sorry Bob, but the sexy grill in back caught my attention, she's good <3

Yes it is ....

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Next level is clearly see my biggest problems of receiving some kind of short serves which im missing to often ...

There is a drill for this where the training partner serves to one side of the table, FH or BH, and serves short or long randomly so you don't know which is coming. In one drill, if it is short you push short and if it is long you loop. In another drill, you flip the short ones.

You work on one side at a time. FH or BH. Then you can work on the same thing in the middle. Then you make it so the serve can be short or long anywhere. But starting with one side at a time helps you start seeing when the ball is short or when it is really long faster. Then responding to the short balls becomes more solid.