PDA

View Full Version : Carmencita Alexandrescu - Player, ITTF Coach and Umpire

Matt Hetherington
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
See the interview in it's original context at http://www.matthetherington.blogspot.com

Ticks Across the Board for Carmencita Alexandrescu

It was my distinct pleasure to interview a very talented woman with a great passion for the sport of table tennis. Carmencita (or Camy as she likes to be known) is a woman of many hats in table tennis: a player, an ITTF coach, an umpire and of course a mother of two daughters who both play too. A great role model for everyone of all areas of the sport, hope you enjoy the read and thank you Camy!

Full Name:
Carmencita Doinita Alexandrescu

Date Of Birth:
06/25/1968

Nation represented:
Romania /Belgium / USA

Highest Ranking:
ITTF, Romanian, Belgian and American Coach !

Equipment Used:
Blade: Amultart ZL-carbon
FH Rubber: Tenergy 05
BH Rubber: Tenergy 05

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/182668_1574128562106_1502314711_31199539_5749560_n.jpg
Camy in her Umpire Role

Your Career

How long have you been playing table tennis for, when and how did you start?

I started playing Table Tennis when I was almost 7 years old in 1975 on and off but I'm still involved till this day. I began practice performance in Clubul Sportiv Municipal Buzau . My parents decided to put me in this sport because they don't want to see me playing on the street and worry about me !

What has been the highlight of your table tennis career so far?

When I won the " Silver Bat " because of my multiple sportswomen medals

Who is your biggest rival out on the table tennis table?

I do not have a specific rival in my career . The only thing that bothers me sometimes are the players with long pips ! :)

You have a number of different hats in table tennis, you are a player, a coach and an umpire. How fulfilling is that and how did you get involved with all of these?

I love Table Tennis and nothing can make me give up no matter how hard some people around me try to make me give up !

What do you think of the state of women's table tennis around the world?

I wish from my heart to see the beautifulness , the feminity, the sexy women players around the world to use more often skirts , nice shirts more feminine with more curves . Making Table Tennis sexier like other sports example Tennis, Gymnastics or Figure Skating where the womens have long hair , nice make up and beautiful attractive clothes where lots of people want to see and enjoy ! I encourage every womens teams , Table Tennis Company's to support and promote the image and development of womens in Table Tennis !

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/camy1.jpg

Camy in her Mum hat, we know where daughters Luoana and Cynthia get their dashing looks from I think!

You are also a mother with two beautiful daughters who are both also players, what has been your favourite table tennis trip with the family so far?

We just went on a trip to Lake Tahoe California with players and coaches from India, China, and Italy organzied by ICC Milpitas the ITTF hot spot in America where I coach for the last three months in the Summer Table Tennis Camp. We had a wonderful time with different cultures !

What are your goals as a player, coach, umpire and mum for the near future?

I will be focused more and more in the coaching field because I want in the future to see more and more good players coming from USA in top world ranking ! Like a mom I want my daughters to study and make their dreams come true !

Off the Topic Questions

Who’s your favourite sportsperson of all time?

My favorite sportsperson was, is, and will be Jean-Michel Saive "The Fighter " because he is still showing me to never give up ,go forward no matter how old you are ,be nice ,funny and enjoy this sport . I will always have big respect for Jean -Mi !

Favourite food?

I love Sushi and Sashimi !

What do you do when you aren't playing table tennis?

I like to spend quality time with my family and friends , shopping with my daughters going to the gym and helping promote the Australian company ttEDGE that is directed by William Henzell which is also sponsoring us !

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/253371_1905365842831_1502314711_31596295_4313299_n.jpg
Camy sporting a ttEdge shirt.
See http://www.ttedge.com

Dream Car?

Red Ferrari

Ideal holiday destination?

I recommend Las Vegas because it's a unique place in the world with lots of fun and excitement !

First thing you would do if you won $1million?

Me and my daughters to have own sports fragrance .

Your Team Mates

Players : Zhou Xin -China , Anol Kashyap-India , Jiten Gidla -India , Maggie Tian -China , Ariel Hsing -USA , Lily Zhang -USA
And in The Coaching field Rajul Sheth , also the Director of ICC -Milpitas Table Tennis Club India/USA , Coach Massimo Constantini -Italy and Coach Jayanta Pushilal -India

Who’s the funniest player in the training hall?

Maggie Tian because her accent sounds funny and she make us feel good around her !

Who trains the hardest in the training hall?

Ariel Hsing and Lily Zhang they are juniors full of energy and with a lots of accomplished results !

Who has the best nickname?

The best nickname is Chinku a player from India that trains here in the club .

And Lastly

Would you like to add one last tip, or an inspirational message for other table tennis players, coaches and/or umpires looking to succeed?

We need good players , coaches and umpires all around the world with lots of dedication !
Never Give Up ! And the best Quotation - " Winners never quit and quitters never win "

Great words of advice there, love the quote too. Thanks so much Camy, keep doing the great work you do!

WiWa
08-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Wow, thanks a lot for this interview Matt. I liked the answer to the 'rivals' question haha. She is the kind of people that want to promote female involvement in TT and that's very good!

Matt Hetherington
08-24-2011, 04:53 PM
She was perfect for my blog she has real depth among her different roles and she's a female in the sport she is a fantastic role model really that is the least that can be said for her, she is a lovely woman :)

pingpongemil
08-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Thank you so much for this. The intervjues continues to have high class and are fun to read. I was a bit surprised when she said that she wanted more "sexy players" on the tour.=). I thought it was old men who said that.

Matt Hetherington
08-24-2011, 06:05 PM
haha she seems like good fun and good sense of humour :)

Dan
08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Awesome interview! Thanks Matt and Camy for doing this! Can I just say, Camy is 43 and in incredible shape to! This is very true from Camy below...

I wish from my heart to see the beautifulness , the feminity, the sexy women players around the world to use more often skirts , nice shirts more feminine with more curves . Making Table Tennis sexier like other sports example Tennis, Gymnastics or Figure Skating where the womens have long hair , nice make up and beautiful attractive clothes where lots of people want to see and enjoy ! I encourage every womens teams , Table Tennis Company's to support and promote the image and development of womens in Table Tennis !

dici
08-25-2011, 03:05 AM
skirt yeah.... more skirt please

moriguchi2
08-25-2011, 05:30 AM
Shes from my Club!! ICC in Milpitas California USA!!!!

YosuaYosan
08-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Ha !
Another player who actually is amazing inside :D

Great interview bro Matt !

ankit
09-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Thank u for suggestion...It is a very nice form that's repested...

lucas_melo_css
09-25-2011, 04:23 AM
as we say in Brazil: "Gostosa pra caralho!" hahaha

Man, what hot woman huh!

and her daughters too! :D

joebulatao
11-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Camy and her two young daughters play at our club - Nevada TTC ( used to be called Olympic TTC ) here in Las Vegas Me and my wife Jean play there twice a week. We personally know them and they are good friends of ours, always happy and smiling.