PDA

View Full Version : China Warm Up Matches for Rio Olympics 2016

TTLondon2012
07-13-2016, 11:08 PM
New matches from the China warm up matches for the Rio Olympics Games are now in.

Enjoy. First match up I have highlighted is below:

Zhang Jike vs Hao Shuai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JeSd1IKVh8

Xu Xin vs Lin Gaoyuan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dru21kujCxI

Zhang Jike vs Yan An

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il3oZ8NBI5s

Ma Long vs Fang Bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxMyjZxAV34

Zhang Jike/Xu Xin vs Fang Bo/Wang Chuqin [HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNYPHfoBu8g

Xu Xin vs Wang Chuqin [HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0wMEZsoKdw

Fan Zhendong vs Fang Bo [HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MskkhwKhPF8

Ma Long vs Cui Qinglei [HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA6JjMkL5tI

Zhang Jike vs Wang Chuqin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eu1c23_aAE

Ahmad Arnous
07-13-2016, 11:12 PM
Chinese Team in Olympic consisted of: malong ,zhang, xu xin ??

TTLondon2012
07-14-2016, 07:39 AM
More matches coming soon

ajtatosmano2
07-14-2016, 12:42 PM
Full length matches on youku.

TTLondon2012
07-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Update

Siva Schopenhauer
07-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Yes, Xu Xin is the third man for singles as a backup

Ilia Minkin
07-16-2016, 04:19 AM
Fang Bo seems to be the shakehand version of Xu Xin -- super FH oriented and generates epic rallies all the time.

ttmonster
07-16-2016, 04:33 AM
I have to disagree Illia , the only thing they have in common is that they can potentially get into longer rallies and favor their forehand in those rallies, since Japan and Korean open Xu Xin is actually trying to consciously put more backhand into play to surprise other players and gain positional advantage.
In fact , Fang bo has a good backhand but somehow against the top players he tries to go all forehand because he wants to be super aggressive.

Xu Xin puts much more spin on the ball, and takes the ball later and has more power and quality on his loops , Fang Bo tries to take everything off the bounce. Fang Bo's footwork is definitely not as fast as Xu Xin's and definitely there is no match in CNT to Xu Xin's lobbing game..

Fang Bo seems to be the shakehand version of Xu Xin -- super FH oriented and generates epic rallies all the time.

pavlik89
07-16-2016, 07:12 AM
LIN Gaoyuan vs XU XIN Highlights HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1bJYRacTNc

Zhang Jike vs Hao Shuai Highlights HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZOUc_EwHj0

JesperStef
07-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Full length matches on youku.

I'd love to watch those - especially in HD.

Could you please help us all with the links? :-)

Sali
07-16-2016, 03:09 PM
again zjk is loosing, Wonder if LGL has a headache.

TTLondon2012
07-16-2016, 03:37 PM
*Update*

Ilia Minkin
07-16-2016, 05:49 PM
I'd love to watch those - especially in HD.

Could you please help us all with the links? :-)

Here is one, you can find others, but their quality is abysmal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zJ_hlfcu8

TT4Life
07-16-2016, 06:03 PM
more please :) thanks

ajtatosmano2
07-16-2016, 06:26 PM
I have to disagree Illia , the only thing they have in common is that they can potentially get into longer rallies and favor their forehand in those rallies, since Japan and Korean open Xu Xin is actually trying to consciously put more backhand into play to surprise other players and gain positional advantage.
In fact , Fang bo has a good backhand but somehow against the top players he tries to go all forehand because he wants to be super aggressive.

Xu Xin puts much more spin on the ball, and takes the ball later and has more power and quality on his loops , Fang Bo tries to take everything off the bounce. Fang Bo's footwork is definitely not as fast as Xu Xin's and definitely there is no match in CNT to Xu Xin's lobbing game..

Fang Bo's forehand and footwork is just as good as Xu Xin's, but XX a little bit better player and so he can use it properly in most cases. Fang Bo don't have that consistency. Against some players he can't use his power and footwork effectively, but that isn't footwork/power, it's overall gameplay. Watch Fang Bo vs Shang Kun and then Xu Xin vs Shang Kun.

MJB
07-16-2016, 08:35 PM
I like the green floor..you can see the ball much better.

Does anyone know if this will be the colour in Rio?

ttmonster
07-16-2016, 08:42 PM
yes as far as I can remember it was told somewhere earlier that green is going to be the color ...

I like the green floor..you can see the ball much better.

Does anyone know if this will be the colour in Rio?

TTFrenzy
07-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Hao shuai still a very tough opponent. ZJK is for sure the favorite of LGL . He has coached Ma Lin in the past during trials against ZJK and did it again with zjk vs hao shuai which can be debatable if he should act like this or not . If ZJK fails to reach the finals criticism will be rather harsh towards LGL

TTHopeful
07-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Will Ma Long play Zhang Jike in this?

ttmonster
07-17-2016, 02:03 AM
Of course Xu Xin's game play is much better than Fang Bo , his third balls / return of serves are much better , and that is why Xu Xin is in the top 3 in CNT and Fang Bo is not. However, I don't agree with your comment on the forehand , Xu Xin's forehand is definitely more powerful , and when I say powerful has more spin + speed , Xu Xin has more natural power , stronger legs and body compared to Fang Bo and that is the reason he can generate more power and that is the reason he can afford to take the ball later and still get away with it. Its the same reason why Fang Bo tries to take everything off the bounce, in order to use the opponent's power and take time off , and that is the reason he gets into more forehand to forehand rallies and when he does , he tries to go for broke instead of using form and timing to generate power he muscles it, if you look closely you should be able to perceive. Xu Xin's footwork is better however since he is a penholder he tries to second guess the opponent far too much , now that he is using more backhand, you can see how is get into better positions ...

Fang Bo's forehand and footwork is just as good as Xu Xin's, but XX a little bit better player and so he can use it properly in most cases. Fang Bo don't have that consistency. Against some players he can't use his power and footwork effectively, but that isn't footwork/power, it's overall gameplay. Watch Fang Bo vs Shang Kun and then Xu Xin vs Shang Kun.

Ilia Minkin
07-17-2016, 03:13 AM
Don't forget that Fang Bo knocked out Xu Xin in WTTC :)

ttmonster
07-17-2016, 03:43 AM
Good point ! End of discussion !! I surrender , please don't take my head off :rolleyes:

Don't forget that Fang Bo knocked out Xu Xin in WTTC :)

Ilia Minkin
07-17-2016, 03:50 AM
please don't take my head off :rolleyes:

No way, you'd bettter run like hell!

ttmonster
07-17-2016, 04:04 AM
No way, you'd bettter run like hell!

ajtatosmano2
07-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Of course Xu Xin's game play is much better than Fang Bo , his third balls / return of serves are much better , and that is why Xu Xin is in the top 3 in CNT and Fang Bo is not. However, I don't agree with your comment on the forehand , Xu Xin's forehand is definitely more powerful , and when I say powerful has more spin + speed , Xu Xin has more natural power , stronger legs and body compared to Fang Bo and that is the reason he can generate more power and that is the reason he can afford to take the ball later and still get away with it. Its the same reason why Fang Bo tries to take everything off the bounce, in order to use the opponent's power and take time off , and that is the reason he gets into more forehand to forehand rallies and when he does , he tries to go for broke instead of using form and timing to generate power he muscles it, if you look closely you should be able to perceive. Xu Xin's footwork is better however since he is a penholder he tries to second guess the opponent far too much , now that he is using more backhand, you can see how is get into better positions ...

I think Xu Xin uses much more sidespin, that's why his FH looks more powerful. Fang Bo tries to be closer to table, you're right, but not because the less power, just personal preference/coach order. It's my opinion, less power is yours, that's it.

4Tables
07-17-2016, 02:12 PM
:cool: gut

TTLondon2012
07-17-2016, 06:46 PM
*Update*

MJB
07-17-2016, 07:47 PM
yes as far as I can remember it was told somewhere earlier that green is going to be the color ...

That makes perfect sense. Good to get some cheeky practice.

The Europeans warmed up on red floor. One nil to China and they haven't even arrived in Rio yet!

Dan
07-17-2016, 08:28 PM
The Europeans warmed up on red floor. One nil to China and they haven't even arrived in Rio yet!

Marginal gains :D

ttmonster
07-17-2016, 09:36 PM
It might turn as a disadvantage if one of the non Chinese start turning into Shrek or Hulk during the critical matches ...

Marginal gains :D

Dan
07-17-2016, 09:49 PM
It might turn as a disadvantage if one of the non Chinese start turning into Shrek or Hulk during the critical matches ...

Haha! What do you think of the green floor? I asked a few friends and they did not like it... i'm not sure but its taking time to get use to :)

ttmonster
07-17-2016, 09:52 PM
I don't like it , for me green is good to look at as long as its in nature , some how I feel its too strong a color to show up on videos as a background ... not sure if they did proper testing , I found the blue that they were using in the last few big tournaments in China ( WTTTC ) etc. as really nice ...

Haha! What do you think of the green floor? I asked a few friends and they did not like it... i'm not sure but its taking time to get use to :)

NextLevel
07-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Clearly, the green floor is ZJK's kryptonite. Look at how he is playing on it.

Dan
07-17-2016, 10:01 PM
I don't like it , for me green is good to look at as long as its in nature , some how I feel its too strong a color to show up on videos as a background ... not sure if they did proper testing , I found the blue that they were using in the last few big tournaments in China ( WTTTC ) etc. as really nice ...

Yeah I agree, my fav will always be the traditional redish colour. Maybe the green floor will work well due to the Olympic theme, we will see :)

Clearly, the green floor is ZJK's kryptonite. Look at how he is playing on it.

Aha! I was just watching Zhang Jike's match vs Hao Shuai, not to sure what happened at the end? Did they finish the match on another table or?

flash
07-17-2016, 10:49 PM
The green floor reminds me of the older days. I like the blue floor the best, it seems like I can see the ball better and it's pleasant to look at for an old mans eyes,lol.

ttmonster
07-17-2016, 11:44 PM
The finished the match and ZJK lost 4-1 I think, thats what they tried to say at the end :) , may be not so well

Yeah I agree, my fav will always be the traditional redish colour. Maybe the green floor will work well due to the Olympic theme, we will see :)

Aha! I was just watching Zhang Jike's match vs Hao Shuai, not to sure what happened at the end? Did they finish the match on another table or?

silvershamaa
07-18-2016, 07:14 AM
Back in 2012 or 2013 I had a strong feeling that the Rio Olympics would feature a green floor...now that it will actually happen I am shocked as to how I was able to imagine this.

TTHopeful
07-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Why do the China Warm Up matches last over a longer period of time than the European Tournament. It looks like China are taking the Olympics a lot more seriously.

Sali
07-18-2016, 08:40 AM
Maybe they had no free space on camera :) To bo honest Hao is great and experienced player. He just hav big problem with his head and nerves. If he did not loose to Maze in 2005 he could be very competitive in those years. This match with ZJK is very good to watch, look at the tactic - he saw ZJK is not very fast (kind of sleeping for me) and tried to move him a lot - first ball to the BH corner then wide to the FH.

Dan
07-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Maybe they had no free space on camera :) To bo honest Hao is great and experienced player. He just hav big problem with his head and nerves. If he did not loose to Maze in 2005 he could be very competitive in those years. This match with ZJK is very good to watch, look at the tactic - he saw ZJK is not very fast (kind of sleeping for me) and tried to move him a lot - first ball to the BH corner then wide to the FH.

I agree, Hao was really effected by that match in 2005. He seems like a really nice, humble guy. He was pushing Zhang Jike very hard in those first 3 sets playing wide to bh and wide to fh. Good game.

fais
07-18-2016, 11:08 PM
Okay, time to share some Interesting facts about colors (that I have learned as part of my game programming and assets research).

Human eyes perceive different colors of equal intensities as having the varying intensities. It so happens, when breaking light down into the RGB (red green and blue) spectrum, the green light will appear the brightest, and the blue light will appear the dimmest.

Infact, the rough estimate of finding the "luminosity" of an RGB color is 0.21*R + 0.72*G + 0.07*B. This means that blue colors appear 1/10th as bright as green colors to the human eye, even if they have the same intensities! This is why the color blue is associated with "cool" or "cool blue".

If I were to venture a guess, it has to do with how our eyes adapted to living on this planet. Green predominantly associated with plant/food, so our eyes are most susceptible to green light. Blue is the color of the sky, the least important thing necessary to our survival (and extremely abundant), so our eyes are least sensitive to it.

The reason these ground floors are being hated by so many is because the green color is competing quite intensely with the ball for our attention, distracting us and making it harder for us to focus. This is also why we all like blue, cuz it's easier on the eyes and least distracting from the three primary spectrums of light, and it doesn't vye for our attention nearly as much as other colors.

EDIT: as a good example of this, you can see the different "algorithms" or formulas for turning a colored picture gray, on this site (GIMP is tool very similar to photoshop)

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-desaturate.html

TTFrenzy
07-18-2016, 11:13 PM
Okay, time to share some Interesting facts about colors (that I have learned as part of my game programming and assets research).

Human eyes perceive different colors of equal intensities as having the varying intensities. It so happens, when breaking light down into the RGB (red green and blue) spectrum, the green light will appear the brightest, and the blue light will appear the dimmest.

I fact, the rough estimate of finding the "luminosity" of an RGB color is 0.21*R + 0.72*G + 0.07*B. This means that blue colors appear 1/10th as bright as green colors to the human eye, even if they have the same intensities!. This is why the color blue is associated with "cool" or "cool blue".

If I were to venture a guess, it has to do with how our eyes adapted to living on this planet. Green predominantly associated with plant/food, so our eyes are most susceptible to green light. Blue is the color of the sky, the least important thing necessary to our survival (and extremely abundant), so our eyes are least sensitive to it.

The reason these ground floors are being hated by so many is because the green color is competing quite intensely with the ball four our attention, distracting us and making it harder for us to focus. This is also why we all like blue, cuz it's easier on the eyes and least distracting from the three primary spectrums of light, and it doesn't vye for our attention nearly as much as other colors.

interesting insight, if the video is on HD there is no problem enjoying the game for me whatsoever, and the players dont seem to be affected, at least from what we see. I like how the chinese pay attention to every detail...that;s some serious simulation imho :P

ttmonster
07-19-2016, 12:42 AM
Super like ! Thank you for the insight, now I understand why I was getting distracted all the time with the green floor background !

Infact, the rough estimate of finding the "luminosity" of an RGB color is 0.21*R + 0.72*G + 0.07*B. This means that blue colors appear 1/10th as bright as green colors to the human eye, even if they have the same intensities! This is why the color blue is associated with "cool" or "cool blue".

The reason these ground floors are being hated by so many is because the green color is competing quite intensely with the ball for our attention, distracting us and making it harder for us to focus. This is also why we all like blue, cuz it's easier on the eyes and least distracting from the three primary spectrums of light, and it doesn't vye for our attention nearly as much as other colors.

EDIT: as a good example of this, you can see the different "algorithms" or formulas for turning a colored picture gray, on this site (GIMP is tool very similar to photoshop)

www.docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-desaturate.html

TTHopeful
07-19-2016, 10:29 PM
fais = the man!

TTLondon2012
07-24-2016, 10:15 AM
UPDATE!!! Womens Warm Up Matches

Ding Ning vs Mu Zi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhyv5vzroFU

Liu Shiwen vs Chen Meng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb7clZ5z6Lw

Li Xiaoxia vs Ren Hao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVim8yAtxw

Ding Ning vs Yan Sheng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAe5B6EzeO0

Liu Shiwen vs Mu Zi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh8w19yF_Jw

Li Xiaoxia vs Zhu Yuling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_hRNdLbaM

Tinykin
07-24-2016, 11:00 AM

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-desaturate.html

I assume that's why green background (green screen) is used in videography to enable other stuff to be superimposed on the background.
One possible reason for the green floor at the Olympics could be to allow static advertising to be superimposed for the TV audience. Or they may project the game/match scores again for the TV audience.

janus
07-24-2016, 09:06 PM
2016 China warm-up matches for Rio Olympics (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbdXhTbmweTpCpeWKt9oNbcKJaWN71W12) [Full Matches]