PDA

View Full Version : Malong's new blade?

kienrc
08-28-2011, 02:52 AM
It seems that Ma Long uses new Blade in Harmony 2011 China Open. Do you know what kind of Malong's new blade?

Who knows more on this, post below and let us know and discuss :)

http://photocdn.sohu.com/20110826/Img317453219.JPG

torrent_1
08-28-2011, 01:05 PM
DHS Power-G PG3

torrent_1
08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
or DHS PG7

Bollforte94
08-28-2011, 07:56 PM
it's the PG7 ;)

edit: in a shop I saw it costs like 25$, its nothing compared to Boll ALC
really weird
professional players can also play with cheap blades but of course no-one knows what really under his rubbers is

Dan
08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
it's the PG7 ;)

really weird
professional players can also play with cheap blades but of course no-one knows what really under his rubbers is

Really strange, his blade costs only $25!?

UpSideDownCarl
08-28-2011, 11:47 PM
You really can get a good blade without spending too much money. But it is true, you never know what the actual blade is, because they often do have what they are using custom made for them. But, if it is one of those blades, it looks more like the second one. The wood and the handle are not the same color as the first one.

alfredtck
08-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Do u guys know what meaning of MA LONG, his name?xD If anyone interested,I can explain it in here~:)
(sorry for broken English)

YosuaYosan
08-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Long stands for dragon :)

alfredtck
08-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Ma stands for "horse"(his sub name) n LONG stands for Dragon~~~xD
there r a big difference between the western dragon n eastern dragon
western dragon maybe means evil n has wings on its back
but in eastern countries,dragon has no wings but stands for lucky,power or even empire in China~
haha...so perhaps Ma Long's parents want their son to be a Dragon~xD

Dan
08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Latest photo on Ma Longs new raquet

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/23703/mlfh.jpg

Bollforte94
08-29-2011, 11:32 AM
yeah it cost 25$ on eaching.net .... so I can test it :)

Bensmithbortey
08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Dan what blackside is Ma Long Using?

nightwolf34
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
looks like the black rubber is somethig from yinhe/galaxy

Anders
08-29-2011, 07:39 PM
the rubber is a DHS Skyline, I think :)

moriguchi2
08-29-2011, 10:04 PM
I bet that blade is gunna go from 25 dollars to 100 dollars after ma long used it lol

poltery
08-30-2011, 04:19 AM
the black rubberis skyline 3 neo blue sponge :))

UpSideDownCarl
08-30-2011, 06:16 AM
the black rubberis skyline 3 neo blue sponge :))

I think this is right. The Chinese writing above Ma Long's thumb is the same characters on my Skyline and it is different from the writing on a Hurricane. It is not clear but I am pretty sure that is Skyline.

poltery
08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
I think this is right. The Chinese writing above Ma Long's thumb is the same characters on my Skyline and it is different from the writing on a Hurricane. It is not clear but I am pretty sure that is Skyline.
i'm 100% sure sir carl :))))))

Mattis
08-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Hello guys, I already spoke with Dan in the chat about this topic. Ma Long is not the only one who has this blue sponge under his rubber. On google I read some people said its the porvincial version but its possible to buy the provincial version with normal orange sponge. In my opinion there must be something special behind this sponge, but I dont get it. If someone knows more about this sponge please tell me. Wanna try the DHS Hurricane 3Neo or Skyline 2 soon for my backhand.

moriguchi2
08-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Hello guys, I already spoke with Dan in the chat about this topic. Ma Long is not the only one who has this blue sponge under his rubber. On google I read some people said its the porvincial version but its possible to buy the provincial version with normal orange sponge. In my opinion there must be something special behind this sponge, but I dont get it. If someone knows more about this sponge please tell me. Wanna try the DHS Hurricane 3Neo or Skyline 2 soon for my backhand. First of all, sadly the DHS series because of its hard density levels are high, its not a good backhand rubber. i would recommend tenergy 64 or tenergy 05 fx. But the answer your question the proviencial is different from the commecial is that it has 1/2 degrees softer sponge but it is not faster or tuned more. Proviencial and National level rubber just means that it wont bubble or the pips wont break and basically the rubber is made better. I was tricked to buy the provencial as well but i soon found out its just better to buy the commercial for half the price

UpSideDownCarl
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
I agree that Hurricane and Skyline are better rubbers for forehand than backhand. Also, for some reason with DHS rubbers, a black topsheet plays better than red. As far as the blue sponge, I don't know. I have heard a few different things about them but I am not sure what to believe since I have not played with them.

moriguchi2
08-31-2011, 11:55 PM
The commercial is suppose to have degrees 45-40/ $20, provencial 38-39/$40, and national blue sponge 35-38/$100

Benni
09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
the black rubber is Neo Skyline 3 ...
an the backhand is ja Tenergy 05

moriguchi2
09-02-2011, 12:06 AM
how can u tell the backhand... i thought he plays with T64?/

lesliefrancs
09-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Ma Long plays with T05. T64 is more for blocking / close to the table. i.e.: Zhang Jike, Matsudaira, WLQ.

moriguchi2
09-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Oh ok didnt know that

UpSideDownCarl
09-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh ok didnt know that

Didn't you have comments on this thread:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1129-Chinese-Team-Bat-pictures!&highlight=chinese+team

That is the one with the photos of the bat faces where you can clearly see the rubbers each player is using. The first bat is what Ma Long used in China Open in June 2011. It is pretty clear that, at that time he was using Skyline 3 and Tenergy 05 on the backhand.

UpSideDownCarl
11-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know if Ma Long is still using that DHS PG7 blade or if he went back to one of the Butterfly blades?

Mr. RicharD
11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I remember reading an article that Ma Long had some trouble with sponsorship so he just put a different handle on a different blade. I think butterfly wanted to sponsor him and he declined not wanting to take any light away from ZJK. And I believe he has the same blade but with different handle. Not too sure about all the details, but I remember there being a huge debate.

As far as price goes. The Timo series costs so much because it's got Timo's endorsement. The name is what drives the price up not the quality. I know for a fact that when Chen Qi and Hao Shuai were using blades from China the prices jumped up from 16-28 USD retail to 50+ USD. So you can imagine how little it costs them to make, but how endorsing the product can drive the price. The same goes for Tenergy. It was originally 35 when it first came out and within 6 months and after Timo and the Japanese team endorsed it, it grew 45 in a month and 75 within a year. That's just in the US. I've heard it's ridiculous in Europe.

Scorpnox
11-12-2011, 11:09 PM
I remember reading an article that Ma Long had some trouble with sponsorship so he just put a different handle on a different blade. I think butterfly wanted to sponsor him and he declined not wanting to take any light away from ZJK. And I believe he has the same blade but with different handle. Not too sure about all the details, but I remember there being a huge debate.

As far as price goes. The Timo series costs so much because it's got Timo's endorsement. The name is what drives the price up not the quality. I know for a fact that when Chen Qi and Hao Shuai were using blades from China the prices jumped up from 16-28 USD retail to 50+ USD. So you can imagine how little it costs them to make, but how endorsing the product can drive the price. The same goes for Tenergy. It was originally 35 when it first came out and within 6 months and after Timo and the Japanese team endorsed it, it grew 45 in a month and 75 within a year. That's just in the US. I've heard it's ridiculous in Europe.

It costs 57 euro's here... insane :o

unagidon
11-14-2011, 09:18 PM
anyone has the review of the blade?

torrent_1
11-15-2011, 06:14 AM
Я уже месяц этим основанием играю могу обзор написать только на русском.

zhong97
11-30-2011, 07:25 AM
ma long use neither pg 3 or 7. It's a custom made dhs blade:)

UpSideDownCarl
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
ma long use neither pg 3 or 7. It's a custom made dhs blade:)

In one of the videos from the Pro Tour Grand Finals I saw Ma Long's blade handle and I did not recognize it. It definitely was not a butterfly and it definitely was not one of those blades listed at the beginning of this thread. So this might make sense because it did look like it could be a DHS handle but none that I could recognize.

zhong97
12-01-2011, 02:10 AM
It's a dhs 506 guys!

judah000
01-07-2012, 10:45 AM
hey guys watch this
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45261&PID=562018
you just scroll it almost to the end part,I am so sorry I cant upload the image cause it is so big so you just go to the link.
As you can see it is not just an ordinary PG7 as you can see the color of the handle is of the PG7 but watch it closely in the tag in the middle of the handle you can see it is a PG3 because of the "3' in the handle.

poltery
01-08-2012, 02:35 AM
I agree with brother Judah...
It is indeed stated at the lower part of the name plate of the blade (the reddish part below DHS) the number " 3 ".
BTW nice find brother Judah

yang_fan
01-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Talked with a friend who personally knows ma long here in china. He said ma long recently changed blades to a new DHS product that has not yet been released to the public. It should come out this year some time. Supposedly since he switched paddles he has had much success (from the ALC to the new DHS paddle).

and yes he's using skyline 3 blue sponge on the forehand.

JustAlt
01-29-2012, 06:18 AM
Talked with a friend who personally knows ma long here in china. He said ma long recently changed blades to a new DHS product that has not yet been released to the public. It should come out this year some time. Supposedly since he switched paddles he has had much success (from the ALC to the new DHS paddle).

and yes he's using skyline 3 blue sponge on the forehand.

A bit hard to believe that Ma Long's success is caused by new equipment.

UpSideDownCarl
01-29-2012, 07:00 AM
A bit hard to believe that Ma Long's success is caused by new equipment.

It might not be the blade but there is no question that, the first tournament he won, was the first tournament he was no longer using a Butterfly blade. And since then he has not lost so far.

Davidex
01-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Is this blade faster than ALC or TBS ??? Does it have carbon inside?? I wanna try this blade! :cool:

yang_fan
01-30-2012, 04:51 AM
Don't know much about it, just what i posted before (that its a new blade from DHS). I'm sure we'll see it on the market soon enough :)

azlan
01-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Pause at 1:14/1:15 and you will see his blade :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESctljfuLs&feature=player_embedded"

UpSideDownCarl
02-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Still, blades can only make it A FRACTION easier for you to win at this level. a better blade is just an addition to good form and a lot of hard work. I wouldn't get too excited about the correlation between the blade and the streak :)

Oh, I agree. I am just stating that, when he changed is when he started winning. I don't think it has anything to do with the blade. Mind set, probably. Blade, no. When he changed blades, he left something else behind that had nothing to do with the blade. :) Besides, there is no way he went from the Timo Boll ALC to something that is really any better. :)

UpSideDownCarl
02-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Is this blade faster than ALC or TBS ??? Does it have carbon inside?? I wanna try this blade! :cool:

I am not sure, I don't think any of us know. One of the hard things is that, what ever the handle says, what he is using might have been custom made for him so it could be almost anything. My guess is it is probably about the same speed as the Timo Boll ALC or even, perhaps, a little slower. But I certainly don't know.

I do think it is an all wood blade. All wood blades often have more feeling than carbon blades. Carbon does many good things but it deadens the vibrations which makes it harder to feel the ball on the surface of the blade. The combination composites (arylate-carbon, zylon-carbon) do give you a lot of control but it is still harder to feel the ball to use the control than with a wood blade which might give you as much dwell time and the ability to feel what you are doing with the ball while it is on the surface of the blade. The first player to win the World Championships with a blade that had carbon in it, I believe, was .... Zhang Jike. That means a lot of world champions using all wood blades when they won.

But, as I said above, I think when he changed his blade, something else happened that had nothing to do with the blade. I think, all of a sudden his confidence went up. Not because of the blade, but the blade was a signal that something had changed rather than the cause of the change.

WiWa
02-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I am not sure, I don't think any of us know. One of the hard things is that, what ever the handle says, what he is using might have been custom made for him so it could be almost anything. My guess is it is probably about the same speed as the Timo Boll ALC or even, perhaps, a little slower. But I certainly don't know.

I do think it is an all wood blade. All wood blades often have more feeling than carbon blades. Carbon does many good things but it deadens the vibrations which makes it harder to feel the ball on the surface of the blade. The combination composites (arylate-carbon, zylon-carbon) do give you a lot of control but it is still harder to feel the ball to use the control than with a wood blade which might give you as much dwell time and the ability to feel what you are doing with the ball while it is on the surface of the blade. The first player to win the World Championships with a blade that had carbon in it, I believe, was .... Zhang Jike. That means a lot of world champions using all wood blades when they won.

But, as I said above, I think when he changed his blade, something else happened that had nothing to do with the blade. I think, all of a sudden his confidence went up. Not because of the blade, but the blade was a signal that something had changed rather than the cause of the change.

I agree. I think not winning the WTTC was a bit of a turning point for him, since he had been working towards it for long. Where other people would be down, Ma Long worked harder to prevent such thing to happen again in the future. The blade was is just a bit of a symbol for a clean start for him. So I guess after the Slovenian open he's gonna need another blade, hehe.

hus
03-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Wish I'd seen this beforehand, i would've bought this blade..instead of wasting my money on a all round blade i don't even use

JustAlt
03-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Wish I'd seen this beforehand, i would've bought this blade..instead of wasting my money on a all round blade i don't even use

If you think that you're going to play as well as Ma Long when using the same equipment, you better think again. Why exatly are you not using that blade?

Giangt
03-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey guy's.

Finally... here is the new signature blade of Ma long... the Hurricane Long II. Could be nice to know what the ply's are :-)

http://www.dhs-sports.com/portal/content/15310?type=999

JustAlt
03-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey guy's.

Finally... here is the new signature blade of Ma long... the Hurricane Long II. Could be nice to know what the ply's are :-)

http://www.dhs-sports.com/portal/content/15310?type=999

But isn't this thread about Ma Longs new blade, not about new blade sold by Ma Longs name?

Giangt
03-31-2012, 11:43 AM
@JustAlt you are right, but could be nice to know if it's the product of the blade Ma Long is playing with now. It seems that they've using the same red plys that he is using with his custom blade.

Smilemaster
04-01-2012, 08:12 AM
I like to see all angles of where a topic can lead. Ma long's new blade could come to mean the new Blade with his name on it.. xD Why so pickeh? ( Damn!! i missed my opportunity to say "Why so seriousa!!??"

azlan
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Could be the face of the blade as shown by Giangt but with PG3 or PG7 handle....

UpSideDownCarl
04-01-2012, 11:22 AM
He could really be using anything. Just like Zhang Jike, his handle on his blade is definitely Viscaria. His blade could be his blade. Since I heard the Zhang Jike blade from Butterfly is the Viscaria, might very well be that he is using the Zhang Jike blade. :) Might be the same circumstances here. Ma Long is using the prototype.

GeMaCa
04-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Do u guys know what meaning of MA LONG, his name?xD If anyone interested,I can explain it in here~:)
(sorry for broken English)
I guess Ma is short for Marlon, actually I'm not that sure.

pai2
05-17-2012, 03:21 AM
I want to know.. as we know, theres a blade from DHS which name DHS Hurricane Long.. are ma long used it?? hehehe

Giangt
05-17-2012, 08:57 AM
I want to know.. as we know, theres a blade from DHS which name DHS Hurricane Long.. are ma long used it?? hehehe

No he isn't. Many of the chinese players doesn't play with their signature blade. What rumour says is that he is playing with a prototype blade named DHS 506 with a handle from DHS PG7. The composition of the DHS 506 blade is the product of the new Hurricane Long 2 that is a commercial blade today.

jhum
07-17-2012, 03:02 PM
No he isn't. Many of the chinese players doesn't play with their signature blade. What rumour says is that he is playing with a prototype blade named DHS 506 with a handle from DHS PG7. The composition of the DHS 506 blade is the product of the new Hurricane Long 2 that is a commercial blade today.

I think the handle is PG3

Giangt
07-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Might be, but they are similar... only differences is the lens. There has been huge discussion about if its a PG3 or PG7 handle. Bottom line it's either blades, but a prototype blade.

Svttc
09-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey guy's.

In the description of the blade, it says that it has 7 layers of pure wood.

sebas-aguirre
09-01-2012, 09:21 PM
pg7
hurricane long II
tg7-al

all have the same composition.
the problem with pg7 is that sometimes they use crappy wood on it.
you could say it's the price you pay for having such a cheap blade (25 dollars)
but today you have countless 7 plys at that price or less so it's no longer an excuse (yinhe, 729, sword, sanwei)
even if the blade is 25 dollars they have to produce a blade of good quality.

I bought one pg7 and in the handle area the wood was like all curvy, the red lines seemed like little mountains drawn.

Matt
09-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Should I consider getting the PG-7?

Giangt
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Should I consider getting the PG-7?

It's a decent blade and cheap. Don't think you can find two that plays similar. But if you are curious you can get one for a small amount of money ;)

AndroidRX93
10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Well the grip is from PG 7 but in truth it is a Hurricane Long 2. Because the DHS company decided to make a customized blade for Ma Long during the mid-2011 and they finished it without designing the grip and as Ma Long was about to have a competition so they just put a PG-7 grip on it

chinagkl
10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
hello,guys..i'm a student in Glasgow coming from china... i truly understand you are interested with malong's new blade...but you are completely wrong, because his blade is a special-made product by doubble happiness....Rather than Skyline 3...... i can show you a picture..and this blade is called double-happiness special made 506!!

Giangt
10-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Helle buddy, Thank you for your input, but it is stated already earlier in this thread ;-)

chinagkl
10-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes , i know, but i just saw it yesterday...

Kian
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey where would I be able to find paddle and custom rubber tacky in uk I seen ur post and all places so far tried cannot supply mom bit concerned about ordering overseas as taxes and currency difference after being conned once before any help grateful I usually have dhs with skyline 2 tin arc paddle magician e2 seriously want move up in tornements now so help I'm 12 lol

dklaaaa
02-16-2013, 02:14 AM
手柄他们经常换用,但是底板是dhs的狂飙龙2,这个不会变的。

PolishTT
03-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Hey Guys,

I am interested in the forehand rubber of Ma Long with this blue sponge... Does anyone know it?

Peace

revulucao
03-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue sponge

PolishTT
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi,

I canĀ“t find it in a shop... Even on the DHS homepage... Are you sure that it is the name?

revulucao
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
i think they only sell hurricane 3 neo. you can find the national version or pronvincial version here: http://prott.vip020.net/Product-List.aspx?producttype=6 (http://prott.vip020.net/Product-List.aspx?producttype=6) http://ttnpp.com/shop/rubber-dhs-c-4_43.html
i think you should do a new topic to ask which one is more credible because you can see really different prices

Kurinto
05-09-2013, 02:53 AM
it's the PG7 ;)

really weird

woah. lol, i want to buy it, if it really that cheap. XD