Quentin Robinot Interview - Professional Player (World Rank 127)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
TableTennisDaily exclusive interview with a TT professional! (Hours to make, seconds to comment)

quentin_robinot_19_07_09.jpg

Photo by FFTT/Clement Sogorb - European Junior Champion 2009

Full Name: Quentin Robinot

Date Of Birth: 07 January 1993

Club represented: Istres Ouest Provence

Highest World Ranking: 127

Equipment – Butterfly

Blade: Boll Forte
FH Rubber: Tenergy 05
BH Rubber: Tenergy 05

Hi Quentin, you are one of Europeans most promising players and expected to replace the likes of Timo Boll, Werner Schlager and other pro’s. We at TableTennisDaily want to know more about you and how everything is going in your table tennis life.

Your career

How long have you been playing table tennis for, when did you start?
I started playing table tennis when I was 8 because my father was already a player. (2000)

Who has been the biggest influence on your career?
The biggest influence in my career is Emmanuel Rachez, He is my trainer since I first started.

You’re a very successful international star now, what do you feel was your biggest achievement to date?
My Europeans title in Prague (2009) was big springboard for the rest of my career.

Ok, maybe you don't like looking back to this but what was your biggest low in your career?
My biggest low in my career was the defeat against Tristan Flore this year in the final of European championships

Are you looking forward to the 2012 Olympics?
At the moment, I am looking forward to the World junior Championships in Bahrein in November, and if my level continued to improve, I will take my chance.

lesliefrancs - HI, Is pursuing a life towards TT worth the rewards? and does playing TT full time effect your personal life?
My life is different from other people of my age because I have a very determined sports project. And I hope to realise my table tennis dream, so I continue to do my best for this sport.

DaveCochrane - Hi, I would like to know what you want to do when you’re playing days are over, will you stay working in table tennis such as coaching etc.
I dont know yet, I am in the beginning of my career so I’m not thinking about this.

forestloves - HI, would you rather Win the World Championships, or win a silver in the Olympic Games?
Can I answer both?!

Equipment

TerIphik - Hi, I would like to know if the material (rubbers and blades) of professional players is the same to the same material as we (nonprofessional) buy in table tennis shops?
I really don't know, you should ask the manufacturers.

Do you use booster to enhance your rubber?
I never try, and I will never use it

topgunwow - Hi, are you happy about the speed glue ban, has it had an effect on your game?
I didn't change my game because of this speed glue ban, but some players are using so it’s not really fair.

China’s dominance

What's your view on the Chinese dominance at the moment, why are they so good do you believe?
They start to train hard when they young. They have a big advantage over Europeans also as they have many different professional clubs all over China. There is so much compeitition that the National Team can pick the best from each area. Its not surprising how good they are, considering their numbers/work rate/age they start/ coaches and more importantly they have to win!

Training

BollForte94 from Table Tennis Daily wants to know what you practice the most. Do you have a certain training regime each week or does it alter?
My training regime depends if I have important tournament. If I have, I will be focus on my technique and strong points, however if I don’t have a tournament I will focus on my weak points.

Do you serve practice often?
2 times a week.

Do you run every day?
I run often but not every day.

Leankints wants to know do you train on the mental aspects of the game. Do you find this side of the game is just as important as the technical parts?
I have a mental trainer and I have worked with him for 2 years. I have this because I believe its really important to become a good player.

Legislate – If you don’t have much coaching, do you motivate yourself? Can you still be a good player without a coach?
The coaches help you but he is not the player so of course when I am playing, I am motivate.

Matches/ Tournaments

Joelstar – What warm ups do you do before a game to get you ready to compete?
I run and then I do a lot of streetching and then I start to get the feel on the table with my racquet.

Atomichaos – Do you ever give up a match when you’re losing?
Of course not, I am a fighter.

qrfist.jpg

Gauravvrak – What’s your mind strategy when you are 2-0 down? What do you think to have the belief to get back into the match?
I am thinking about the next point and about the tactic.

When you became European Champion in 2009, what was going through your head when playing. Was you 100% focusing on winning. Can you describe what you was thinking at the time. Match can be seen below:

The end was so hard, but I was in another world when I was playing, my heart was playing!

Junior

Do you go partying?
When I have to celebrate something, I don't miss it !

Do you study, if not, what would you of liked to study if you wasn’t playing table tennis?
I have my final exam in September. Fingers crossed!

Off the topic questions

What famous people have you met through table tennis?
I met Timo Boll when I was in China, and also Susan Sarandon.

Who are your favorite sportsmen of all time?
Zidane ! Who can make a dream more than him?

Favorite film?
La vérite si je mens ! (french film)

What car do you drive?
I will try to get my driving license in December.

What’s your favorite music?
Rain over me (Pitbull)

What do you do in your spare time other then table tennis?
I try to spend my spare time with my family because I leave my home 4 years ago.

Do you eat well or eat junk good?
I try to do my best but sometimes I like fast food.

PS3 or XBOX 360?
I don't play video games.

Do you go out partying with your friends or team mates?
When I have to celebrate something, I don't miss it !

Do you watch yourself on youtube?
I hate watching myself play!

Do you watch your opponents on youtube to find out how they play and tactics you can use?
Not on youtube but if I have his match on my computer, I do.

Did you know what TableTennisDaily was before this interview?
No sorry I didn't know what was TableTennisDaily, but i will check it out ;)

Your team mates

Who’s the funniest player in the training hall?
Sebastien Jover, when he wants, he is so funny.

Who’s trains the hardest in the training hall?
Adrien Mattenet

Who’s the funniest team player?
Thomas Le Breton, we can't be serious together.

qrfriend.jpg

Who has the best nickname?
Benjamin Brossier, it's Bucheron, this means lumberjack.

Who do you find the hardest player to beat in the training hall?
Adrien Mattenet, he is strong and he is stronger than usual in the training hall. Very hard to beat!

And Lastly

And lastly, thanks very much for your kindness in taking part in this interview for all the members of the Table Tennis Daily forum to learn and know more about the life of a professional player.

Would you like to add one last tip, or an inspirational message to us all?
You are doing great job and I will come on your website to check it out ;). Please leave a comment on my interview and I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for my English everyone but I hope you enjoy my interview and follow me in the future.

qrmatrix.jpg

Good luck in your next competition

Thanks!

Table Tennis Daily Staff and forum, images taken from Quentin Robinot facebook page

--- Share this interview with your friends on social networking sites such as Facebook :) ---

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Amazing interview,thanks Dan.
Great player,one of the biggest hopes of European table tennis.Allez Robinot;-)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Any plan to interview his teammate Simon Gauzy ?
He is very creative :D

Yeah ill email him now after the championships... Any particular questions you would like me to ask?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Someone's gotta ask the question. How good did it feel to beat Ma Lin. What was he thinking as he was playing Ma Lin. And how did he get the momentum to really drive Ma into a passive state?

Awesome questions. I will ask him now and get back to you :)