Euro-style Japanese/Chinese rubbers or alternative

This user has no status.
Hey guys

Just wanted to get some advice. My 729 Focus 3 Snipes are feeling abit done. Been using this pair for around 20 months for practice twice a week for a few hours usually.

Are the Focus 3 Snipe's still the best budget Euro-style Japanese/Chinese rubbers widely available?

Also, before these rubbers, I used to use Donic rubbers and have been thinking about going back to Euro rubbers. They are more expensive and I have been saving up. Are there any budget Euro rubbers available for the offensive to allround player, that ship worldwide?

Been checking online and have found a couple of Tibhar rubbers that are decently priced, they are:
Tibhar Norm (1.7mm)
Tibhar Volcano (max)
Tibhar Legend (max) - which has a made in China logo on the image on the site??
Tibhar Ellen (2mm)

Anyone play with these/ can offer advice on whether they are suitable? Do they work well with the new ball?

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
Bas anyone come across euro style cheap non tacky Chinese rubbers with medium/medium high throw? Focus 3 snipe is decent but the throw is definitely on the lower end. Yinhe High throw rubbers are nice but on the tacky side, and their non tacky (moon/Mars) throw low. I came across Yinhe Apollo 2, which seams to have a decent throw and isn't too tacky... Are there more rubbers like that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Anything you play after Focus Snipe 3 will feel like a dream. The top sheet is simply not grippy enough. On the spin test the ball just drops to the floor instead of bouncing up from extreme angle. It doesn't help these euro wannabe's are always too soft around 42 deg. The other disadvantage is price. The euro style Battle 1/ Focus 3/ Aurora are twice the price of regular chinese rubber. For instance on Ebay they will be selling for 14-16gbp per sheet. Add another 10gbp and you are in ESN 3rd gen territory. I wish 729/DHS makes more euro alternatives. It feels like it's been a while since they released new rubber

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
LKT XP has a decently high throw, at least when it is over a better sponge than OEM. Pretty non-tacky, maybe 4/10 rating. I use it for backhand and like to loop/flip/block on that wing. It works very well for what I ask of it. Another option is Palio CJ8000 B or C stock. A is too tacky, but B and C work pretty well as a euro substitute. This is coming from a ~1200 player though, so take it with a grain of salt.