Why I Took Time Away From TT

This user has no status.
I'm about to start my comeback to TT after about 3 months away from the sport. Why did I take time away from a sport I love? My other passion. I compete in powerlifting and TT just beats up my body too badly for me to be able to do both. Below is a quick write up about how my powerlifting meet went, if anyone would like to know more, just ask :)

I competed in the 83 kg Raw Open class at the USAPL Ohio State Championship meet on Saturday. On Monday of meet week I weighed in at 196 pounds…subsequently water cutting to 181.8. Despite being tired and dehydrated, I went 8/9 with a 418 pound squat, 292 pound bench, and 491 pound deadlift. The last two are all-time PR’s, while the squat is a 35 pound meet PR. I missed squatting 430 by being a jackass and narrowing my stance to make sure depth left no doubt. Anyway, my 1201 total is a 101 pound improvement over my last meet and I had an absolute blast. Maggie ran a hell of a meet and put together a really cohesive team to make the experience great. Congrats to everyone and I can’t wait to get back on the platform.

says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
Good job

I'm about to start my comeback to TT after about 3 months away from the sport. Why did I take time away from a sport I love? My other passion. I compete in powerlifting and TT just beats up my body too badly for me to be able to do both. Below is a quick write up about how my powerlifting meet went, if anyone would like to know more, just ask :)

I competed in the 83 kg Raw Open class at the USAPL Ohio State Championship meet on Saturday. On Monday of meet week I weighed in at 196 pounds…subsequently water cutting to 181.8. Despite being tired and dehydrated, I went 8/9 with a 418 pound squat, 292 pound bench, and 491 pound deadlift. The last two are all-time PR’s, while the squat is a 35 pound meet PR. I missed squatting 430 by being a jackass and narrowing my stance to make sure depth left no doubt. Anyway, my 1201 total is a 101 pound improvement over my last meet and I had an absolute blast. Maggie ran a hell of a meet and put together a really cohesive team to make the experience great. Congrats to everyone and I can’t wait to get back on the platform.
Congratulations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 4 reviews

Haha this is amazing! I thought I was the only one! I did exactly the same as you three years ago. I took a break from TT and started powerlifting I compete in the USAPL IPF equivalent over here in the UK. I'm 66kg raw junior class. My best numbers at a meet are 345 pound squat 200 pound bench (crap I know haha) and 485 pound deadlift.

problem now is its made me so slow when I play TT so I know what you mean when you say it's hard to balance. Good to here theirs someone out there struggling to juggle both as well as me! :p Keep up the good work and good luck!

This user has no status.
Thanks, I'm really excited to get back to this game now. Always nice to find new motivation!

Haha this is amazing! I thought I was the only one! I did exactly the same as you three years ago. I took a break from TT and started powerlifting I compete in the USAPL IPF equivalent over here in the UK. I'm 66kg raw junior class. My best numbers at a meet are 345 pound squat 200 pound bench (crap I know haha) and 485 pound deadlift.

problem now is its made me so slow when I play TT so I know what you mean when you say it's hard to balance. Good to here theirs someone out there struggling to juggle both as well as me! :p Keep up the good work and good luck!

How do you guys set-up your weight training and TT training in order to complement each other. I am more into the bodybuilding side of things but also like to improve strength. Usually tips are to try and increase explosiveness.

This user has no status.

Glad to see I'm not the only traitor! ;) those are good numbers man, the bench will come with time. Mine sucked up until one day where it just clicked and I added like 50 pounds in 3 months, you'll hit your stride. Massive deadlift for your size too!

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
TT is good for quick movement, hand eye co-ordination and flexibility. TT & Power-lifting are opposite sports :)

If you're competing in powerlifting and are good enough at TT to have efficient (read: non-damaging to your body), you can do both simultaneously. If you're like me and are as light on your feet as an elephant, TT actually beats you up too badly to progress in training.

This user has no status.
How do you guys set-up your weight training and TT training in order to complement each other. I am more into the bodybuilding side of things but also like to improve strength. Usually tips are to try and increase explosiveness.

I'm gonna say something that's totally opposite of mainstream knowledge here but I promise it helps. If I'm doing both, I'll stick with full body, compound movements. Bodybuilding movements (isolation movements) produce too much soreness and reduce flexibility too much for a TT player. I also usually lift 2 days per week and play TT 2 days per week and it balances well. If you wanna do jumps or bodyweight movements, they help a lot too. A HUGE component of this is stretching, I try and save 10 minutes after every workout, both lifting and TT, to stretch and it helps a lot. Here's my routine for the next 3 months or so:

Day 1
Front Squats
Glute Ham Raise
Farmer's Carries
Dips
Rows
Barbell Curls
Skullcrushers

Day 2
Conventional Deadlifts
Kettlebell Swings
Ah Wheel Rollouts
Pull Ups
Dumbbell Military Press
Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raises
Leg Press

Every exercise is for 5 sets of 10-15 reps because I'm trying to keep stress on my joints lower while I heal from the meet. Except for the first exercise each day, adjacent exercises are paired - i.e. 1 set of GHR, 1 minute rest, 1 set of Farmers Carries, so-on, until 5 sets are reached. If anyone has any more questions, just ask. I'm happy to help :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I'm gonna say something that's totally opposite of mainstream knowledge here but I promise it helps. If I'm doing both, I'll stick with full body, compound movements. Bodybuilding movements (isolation movements) produce too much soreness and reduce flexibility too much for a TT player. I also usually lift 2 days per week and play TT 2 days per week and it balances well. If you wanna do jumps or bodyweight movements, they help a lot too. A HUGE component of this is stretching, I try and save 10 minutes after every workout, both lifting and TT, to stretch and it helps a lot. Here's my routine for the next 3 months or so:

Day 1
Front Squats
Glute Ham Raise
Farmer's Carries
Dips
Rows
Barbell Curls
Skullcrushers

Day 2
Conventional Deadlifts
Kettlebell Swings
Ah Wheel Rollouts
Pull Ups
Dumbbell Military Press
Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raises
Leg Press

Every exercise is for 5 sets of 10-15 reps because I'm trying to keep stress on my joints lower while I heal from the meet. Except for the first exercise each day, adjacent exercises are paired - i.e. 1 set of GHR, 1 minute rest, 1 set of Farmers Carries, so-on, until 5 sets are reached. If anyone has any more questions, just ask. I'm happy to help :)

I do TT twice a week and gym 4 times a week. I split my gym days as either:
-shoulders, back& bis, chest & tris, compound(squat, deadlift, benchpress or dumbell press)
-shoulders, back, chest , bis & tris , compound(squat, deadlift, benchpress or dumbell press)
not sure if you have anything to add there?

Also can you elaborate on your stretching please :)

Thanks

This user has no status.
How much are you eating? I ask because at 83kg it takes 4000 calories a day to maintain weight lifting 2x and playing TT 2x a week. Full body workouts twice a week are enough to make progress :)
Stretching is as follows, each for 30 seconds (per side for single-limb stretches)

Standing hamstring stretch
90-90 glute stretch
Deep squat stretch
Hip flexor
Back bridge
Pec-bicep stretch

If you have any questions, try Google - I used the common names for all stretches :)

This user has no status.
How much are you eating? I ask because at 83kg it takes 4000 calories a day to maintain weight lifting 2x and playing TT 2x a week. Full body workouts twice a week are enough to make progress :)
Stretching is as follows, each for 30 seconds (per side for single-limb stretches)

Standing hamstring stretch
90-90 glute stretch
Deep squat stretch
Hip flexor
Back bridge
Pec-bicep stretch

If you have any questions, try Google - I used the common names for all stretches :)

probably not enough good calories. my diet can be erratic. I weigh around 67kg. I try to get enough protein all the time.

Will google those. Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Apr 2016
[FONT=&quot]As someone who has enjoyed this game since pre-launch and with perhaps a 60% - 40% (3s-5s) I am simply curious why a map that has had very few changes since release is being wholesale remade. There are a large number of your customers who enjoy TT1 and have even had ranked standings and teams in it etc. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You pretty much have had 2 maps for your total number of games played by all your accounts since launch. (that impressive community update sheet) That map as is, has entertained your accounts for X number of hours since launch. People are picking it over 5s a map not being overly revamped over time(meaning Riot considers ok). Meaning they prefer 3s for those rounds and appreciate the subtle differences. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You now take that map that many customers are attached to and you decide to wholesale redo it and throw in new modifications to make the game faster because some people found the games too long. If you HAD to make the games shorter there were ways without throwing the old map out. Long story short instead of taking the vast success of your company and adding a new map option (still can of course) you have taken this up until now quite well appreciated dish off the menu and said "we don't do that anymore, we do this and we hope you like it". Which isn't the worst option provided to your customers, it just isn't the most ideal for those of us who were happy with the old logistics and layout.[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
As someone who has enjoyed this game since pre-launch and with perhaps a 60% - 40% (3s-5s) I am simply curious why a map that has had very few changes since release is being wholesale remade. There are a large number of your customers who enjoy TT1 and have even had ranked standings and teams in it etc.

You pretty much have had 2 maps for your total number of games played by all your accounts since launch. (that impressive community update sheet) That map as is, has entertained your accounts for X number of hours since launch. People are picking it over 5s a map not being overly revamped over time(meaning Riot considers ok). Meaning they prefer 3s for those rounds and appreciate the subtle differences.

You now take that map that many customers are attached to and you decide to wholesale redo it and throw in new modifications to make the game faster because some people found the games too long. If you HAD to make the games shorter there were ways without throwing the old map out. Long story short instead of taking the vast success of your company and adding a new map option (still can of course) you have taken this up until now quite well appreciated dish off the menu and said "we don't do that anymore, we do this and we hope you like it". Which isn't the worst option provided to your customers, it just isn't the most ideal for those of us who were happy with the old logistics and layout.

And this was taken from here:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2724659

I guess at this point it's becoming obvious that 'Susanne' is a bot. Or some sort of Internet 'art project'. Or may be another incarnation of previously banned forum member.

This user has no status.