PDA

View Full Version : pimple

trishareyessantos
08-07-2016, 01:56 AM
im thinking of switching to pimple rubber because i have a hard time receiving serves, shall i do it?

Archosaurus
08-07-2016, 02:13 AM
What is preventing you from learning to read and receive serves better?

trishareyessantos
08-07-2016, 02:27 AM
I have played with players using pimples and it seemed like they have no problems in receiving serves.

Archosaurus
08-07-2016, 02:29 AM
Yes, but what is preventing you from furthering your own serve receive skills with smooth pimples? If you are popping serves up or netting them all the time, then maybe it's a case of practicing to read the spins?

Ilia Minkin
08-07-2016, 02:37 AM
Even with pips you have to adjust for different spins, although margin for error is bigger.

rokphish
08-07-2016, 02:55 AM
Even with pips you have to adjust for different spins, although margin for error is bigger.
This is true.

For OP, if you want to do it, then do. At least for three months minimum.

There are good and valid reasons for and against changing to pips out, so you would be in difficult position to choose either. Flipping a coin would be just as good as reading people opinions on the matter.

If you do switch, you still need to learn how to use it. It won't make you be able to receive well all of the sudden.

trishareyessantos
08-07-2016, 03:02 AM
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS :) I really appreciate it:D thanks alot. It will serve as a motivation

darnner123
08-07-2016, 03:06 AM
well playing with pimples does seem easy to receive but you are sacrificing a lot of other aspects such as looping. if receiving is just your problem then i don't see a reason to buy pimples as you clearly can improve on it instead of relying on equipment. going through too many diff equipment might screw up your whole game lol.

this is just my 2cents lol and i feel that people would give in to rely on equipment way too much instead of improving on their skills.

but then again you could like the play style of using pimples but don't invest too much time on it if you decide you dont like it :)

trishareyessantos
08-07-2016, 03:11 AM
well playing with pimples does seem easy to receive but you are sacrificing a lot of other aspects such as looping. if receiving is just your problem then i don't see a reason to buy pimples as you clearly can improve on it instead of relying on equipment. going through too many diff equipment might screw up your whole game lol.

this is just my 2cents lol and i feel that people would give in to rely on equipment way too much instead of improving on their skills.

but then again you could like the play style of using pimples but don't invest too much time on it if you decide you dont like it :)

yeah, you have a very good point. Thank you for that! :o I'll train on receiving service from now on. Thanks!

trishareyessantos
08-07-2016, 03:16 AM

yeah, you have a very good point. Thank you for that! :o I'll train on receiving service from now on. Thanks!

darnner123
08-07-2016, 03:23 AM
Hope you improve and enjoy table tennis!!!! :D