Looking for BH rubber recommendations

says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
Having switched from a modern defensive style using LP's on the BH, I'm having to re-learn my game a bit and am struggle to find a decent inverted rubber for the BH. I'm trying to become a more attacking player so want to focus on topspin loops and aggressive blocking on the BH. I've been using butterfly flextra which I really liked in terms of control, but it was perhaps a bit too slow. Any recommendations on what to try next? My blade is a Donic apelgren senso (all play) and I'm using DHS H3 neo on the FH.

Thanks

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Having switched from a modern defensive style using LP's on the BH, I'm having to re-learn my game a bit and am struggle to find a decent inverted rubber for the BH. I'm trying to become a more attacking player so want to focus on topspin loops and aggressive blocking on the BH. I've been using butterfly flextra which I really liked in terms of control, but it was perhaps a bit too slow. Any recommendations on what to try next? My blade is a Donic apelgren senso (all play) and I'm using DHS H3 neo on the FH.

Thanks

A few andro rubbers are light but fast for BH, such as power sponge and beat. They also gives your wonderful control.

For half the price you can get 729 snipe III which is slower but I can play mid table loop with it. 729 Aurora is the first Chinese BH rubber that can match Euro speed for half the price. Another good option

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Thanks
Imho,

Flextra is one of the best blocking rubber, sans anti. [emoji6]

Blocking and looping demand opposite rubber character, so,

Any better looping rubber will be worse blocking rubber, and,

Compromises shall give you allrounder rubber. [emoji6]

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
After my TT resurrection I started with Tibhar Genius Sound, which I would recommend for everyone looking for plenty of control and nice spin. I was using it on ALL bat and it was just fine. By a coincidence I got a new OFF blade for which I wanted to fit new rubbers and have 2 versatile setups. Got my hands on Andro Rasant Beat that I was investigating for some time and frankly speaking I'm very surprised with it. It has the same control I had with Genius, with even more spin and speed. Perfect! Apart from that I must admit it is quite durable, I am using it up to 10 hrs/week for past 4 months and it still is perfect, while Tenergy on FH is already lacking the feeling which I had when it was new. I do recommend to put it on the shortlist. Just to add, I have just ordered Rasant Grip as a replacement for T05 after I totally fell for Beat ;)