Problem boosting rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I tried to follow this video but it just feels like the boost and the glue just merged together to form a separate layer rather than absorbing.Hopefully,it does absorb ,eventually , especially with the second layer I added!

First booster does mix together with glue, but with time all the booster you put there goes down into the sponge, I tried it many times.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Just out of curiosity - since boosting apparently is an accepted practice, I suppose you won't mind if I 'boost' my LP rubber by UV exposure or some other creative means, in order to make it play 'better' ? :D

Not a moral judgement question, I really don't care what my opponent might have done to their inverted rubber - simply wonder what you think about playing someone with LP treated that way.

Reactions: dirtyD
This user has no status.
Somebody's going straight to hell... [emoji12]

You can use one of these big bad boys...
f64bde6d546e3774ba483dcf7bc90e1b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just out of curiosity - since boosting apparently is an accepted practice, I suppose you won't mind if I 'boost' my LP rubber by UV exposure or some other creative means, in order to make it play 'better' ? :D

Not a moral judgement question, I really don't care what my opponent might have done to their inverted rubber - simply wonder what you think about playing someone with LP treated that way.

Somebody's going straight to hell... [emoji12]

You can use one of these big bad boys...
f64bde6d546e3774ba483dcf7bc90e1b.jpg

Hahaha.

@ pgpg: you know what you can do if you really want to be devious; after you give them the special UV treatment to make the pips extra frictionless, then you do these two things:

1) When you glue, don't put glue everywhere. Make sure there are are spots where the LP are glued down and other spots that are not so that the opponent really can't judge the amount of pips effect.

2) Take Q-Tip, dip it in boost and brush it on the pips in some areas and not in others so that there are spots with grippier pips from the boost and spots that are ultra frictionless from the UV treatment.

Leaving the pips out in the sun for 4-5 hours should do the trick for the first part of the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
People can do what they want to do with their equipment. I have to focus on the ball because there are no rules limiting people from using crap to play in the tournaments I enter. DeWitt already wins events I play in by wearing out his Mark V and using it like short pips or anti with a weird occasional inverted effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
DeWitt already wins events I play in by wearing out his Mark V and using it like short pips or anti with a weird occasional inverted effect.

I once played a chopper who had anti on one side and a ridiculously worn out smooth rubber on the other. Took some time to figure out what was going on.

Just out of curiosity - since boosting apparently is an accepted practice, I suppose you won't mind if I 'boost' my LP rubber by UV exposure or some other creative means, in order to make it play 'better' ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

Seriously speaking, I boost because after approximately 2 months of playing my new rubbers (unboosted) shrink and lose a lot of spin on loops. Boosting makes them playing almost like new, so for me boosting is a way to save some money on gear. I guess that treating LPs in the way you described is something different.

Reactions: fais and dirtyD