PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried MIZUNO Wave Drive 7 shoes? Any info on them?

ridderz65
08-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Hi folks,

I'm looking to get some new shoes and wanted some info on the MIZUNO Wave Drive 7 shoes. How are they for grip? comfort? back support?

I want a shoe that will help my back as I get aches and pains.

Thanks.

mr. tom
08-17-2016, 07:51 AM
I used them. They have very good support, so maybe that's a good thing for your back. But the grip wasn't ok for me; I play on lots of different floors and I need shoes with better grip. The shoes with only the standard yellow sole, like the Wave Drive 7's, don't seem to have enough grip. Shoes with a few other parts in the sole with gummy rubber is wat I need. Those gummy parts are softer and have more grip. If you only play on special table tennis floor like taraflex, the Mizuno's are great.

Something like this: http://www.terapeak.com/worth/asics-japan-hyper-rushing-men-s-table-tennis-ping-pong-shoes-tob518/331701834379/ (I think they are ugly, but their soles look grippy)

Jirrex
08-17-2016, 02:33 PM
I bought these shoes a short time ago and this is what I can say about it so far:
At first I used regular sneakers to play table tennis and when I wore the Drive 7's for the first time, I noticed they're a lot more comfortable. The damping is really nice and it also prevented foot fatigue which I experienced with other shoes. The model is really low, that was something I wasn't used to, but it turned out that this really wasn't a problem. When it comes to grip, until now I only played on wooden floors and I had plenty of grip. Only when some sweatdrops hit the floor, the grip got noticably worse. I can imagine that this will be the case with any shoe to a certain extent though. These shoes are also very light.

Since these are my first pair of 'real' table tennis shows, it's impossible for me to make a comparison with other table tennis shoes. Despite this, I hope this will help you a bit.

Suga D
08-18-2016, 12:50 PM
I use those as well since about 3 months and I must say i really like them.
The grip is more than enough for sports floorings. But they seem to weigh a little more than my old asics, but a little less than my Nike indoor soccer shoes, which i've used more than two years.
I'm totally satisfied with this shoe.

anchorschmidt
08-18-2016, 01:11 PM
I had Mizuno Wave drive 6 shoes (should be similar) for a year. Grip was ok, fine on good floors, not that great on sub-optimal floors. Comfort was excellent and they were very light as well.

My current shoes (Asics Cybergel) have better grip, which is good for me as I don't always get to play on good floors. However they aren't as comfortable and light.

ttmonster
08-18-2016, 01:24 PM
I was doing some research on this a while back and what I found as a consensus over the reviews in forums was that Wave Drive 6 was better than Wave Drive 7 , in overall quality , comfort and longer lasting. contra.de had wave drive 6 in stock in case you change your mind ...