Tenergy price gone up??

This user has no status.
Yes Bribar told me last week that all of their prices are going up too because of BREXIT. I take it this is the case with all companies. I remember that Tenergy was 49.99 year or so ago anyway on permanent sale but they reduced it around Christmas for more sales and then never put it back up... Until now... Try Evolution MXP

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
where or which website do you guys order Tenergy rubbers? does it shipped to North America ?

Are you in USA, Canada or Mexico?

If in USA I think you can order from Paddle Palace. Probably MegaSpin also. Not sure if these distributors can ship to Canada or Mexico. But I think they can at least ship to Canada.

The basic deal with Butterfly products is, the distributors are only allowed to sell within their specified distribution regions. This enables Butterfly to fix their prices region by region. So if prices for Tenergy are cheaper in Argentina and you are in USA, you can't use the Internet to get a cheaper price.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: dirtyD and Suga D
This user has no status.
Are you in USA, Canada or Mexico?

If in USA I think you can order from Paddle Palace. Probably MegaSpin also. Not sure if these distributors can ship to Canada or Mexico. But I think they can at least ship to Canada.

The basic deal with Butterfly products is, the distributors are only allowed to sell within their specified distribution regions. This enables Butterfly to fix their prices region by region. So if prices for Tenergy are cheaper in Argentina and you are in USA, you can't use the Internet to get a cheaper price.

in Canada. price is around $100 cad, I want to get it for 50 eur, which is around $30 cheaper lol , so there is no way I can do that?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
in Canada. price is around $100 cad, I want to get it for 50 eur, which is around $30 cheaper lol , so there is no way I can do that?

Well....there are always ways. I have a friend who used to be sponsored by Butterfly. While he was, I was getting a bigger discount than I should mention on line because the goon squad will hunt him and me down for prior deeds. But short of that....someone already mentioned how the markup and profit margin, it is great for Butterfly. But not so great for the distributors who sell Butterfly products.

The amount a retailer or distributor makes on one sheet of Tenergy is a surprisingly small amount and the percentage that goes right back to the Butterfly coffers is a much higher percentage than on most products of any kind.

I know a few guys who decided it was not worth it to sell Butterfly products because the profit margin was so small and how much volume they needed to sell just to make a decent amount.

Reactions: dirtyD
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
Well....there are always ways. I have a friend who used to be sponsored by Butterfly. While he was, I was getting a bigger discount than I should mention on line because the goon squad will hunt him and me down for prior deeds. But short of that....someone already mentioned how the markup and profit margin, it is great for Butterfly. But not so great for the distributors who sell Butterfly products.

How big of a discount did you get? 25%, 50%, or maybe 5 fingers?

Butterfly's greed is bad for the sport. Hopefully one day, people will stop paying the ridiculous prices they're setting. There's lots of rubbers that are just as good for less.

Paddle palace carries, but doesn't advertise butterfly products.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How big of a discount did you get? 25%, 50%, or maybe 5 fingers?

Butterfly's greed is bad for the sport. Hopefully one day, people will stop paying the ridiculous prices they're setting. There's lots of rubbers that are just as good for less.

Paddle palace carries, but doesn't advertise butterfly products.

This is how I look at it, Butterfly's products are absolutely not an issue of any kind for me. When I got them the discount was enough to make them a price that was acceptable. I had not used them in a long time, but the set I am using now was the last set that I got at a discount and I figured I might as well use them.

But I can get Tibhar Evolution rubbers for what amounts to $33.00 a sheet if I use Dandoy's 4 for 3 deal. Evolution are close enough to as good as Tenergy for me. They play a little different. In some ways I like Tenergy better still. In other ways I like MX-P better. But I can play at the same level with them.

I also could play with Victas V>01 Stiff. Those are pretty good too. I could play with Joola Rhyzm. I could play with Andro Rasant. Nttaku FastArc. Xiom Omega V. Vega Japan. Tibhar Aurus.

Any of those I can get at what amounts to being a pretty reasonable price. So why worry about the price of a product that I forgot even exists. [emoji2]

I like Der_Echte's way of dealing with the subject. He simply uses something he can afford.

He has a rubber that costs twenty some odd dollars to buy without a discount and it plays really well on his BH. Then he uses a slightly higher end rubber that is also pretty darn good and much cheaper than Tenergy on his FH.

Just get rubbers that work for you. Forget the hype.

Reactions: dirtyD