Whats is the difference Freitas ALC, Boll ALC, Vicaria?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
What is the difference between: Timo Boll ALC, Freitas ALC and Vicaria blade?

Are there any big variations or are they quite the same? Can you say that one is better than the other or..?

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi Christian,

It depends on your standard, but ultimately, there won't be a huge difference, and certainly I wouldn't say one of them is "better" than the other two.

There are plenty of review on the Viscaria and Timo Boll ALC on this forum, less so on the Freitas ALC.

But you could close your eyes, point to the screen, and whichever one you land on, will be the one you should buy :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I have not tried the Freitas ALC, but I have the Boll ALC and the Zhang Jike ALC (which is comparable to the Viscaria). The Timo Boll ALC has a stiffer outer ply and the Zhang Jike ALC is softer. The carbon is closer to the outer plies in the Timo Boll ALC. But two blades of the same model will feel different, especially if they weigh different.

This user has no status.
I can only compare TB ALC with Viscaria. Overall I felt that the Vis had SLIGHTLY more feel and stability while the TB ALC was slightly faster, stiffer and spinnier. Some notes to consider is that Viscaria has better rubber synergy as it works well with all rubbers including Chinese rubbers but TB felt weird if using Chinese rubbers and very very soft euro jap rubbers. I also noticed that when far away from the table, the TB ALC started to lose power and the user has to put much more effort just to get the ball over the net while the Viscaria did not have this problem, do note that this could be due to differences in the blade and not the model as 2 blades of the same model will play differently. But irregardless, both blades are good and you would do well with either one. If I must choose, I would choose the Vis purely for the extra feel which is quite significant, also the better rubber synergy helps if you decide to switch to different rubbers in the future for whatever reasons. You could also look into the new innerforce layer ALC, Ive read and heard some good things about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Freitas ALC is almost definitely limba since he used the Michael Maze for a while. My guess it is a specialized take for Freitas on the Michael Maze and plays largely like a Michael Maze unless you have the world class touch to tell the difference.

Most probably it's just a re-branded Maze. It might be a bit different depending on the weight standard. Just like how Apolonia ZLC is basically a heavier Innerforce Layer ZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Freitas alc is something between innerforce alc and boll alc.
Freitas alc isnt inner carbon /limba-alc.../, but the outer ply of limba is a little bit thicker. So you get better dwell time and control in comparison with boll alc. It is crispier than innerforce alc.