PDA

View Full Version : Interview Showdown! Read article before Voting!

Matt Hetherington
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Me (Matt Hetherington) and Dan Ives are going head to head in a challenge!

In our most recent conversation I challenged Dan to pick one player he would love to interview within reachable potential (ie not Chinese basically lol), he chose Timo Boll. In response to his selection I decided to be fair I would also nominate a top 10 player and chose Vladimir Samsonov.

SO who do you think will get the interview first? The multitalented TableTennisDaily Administrator Dan Ives or me, the sneaky interviewer at http://www.matthetherington.blogspot.com (http://www.matthetherington.blogspot.com)

PLEASE NOTE: We are both starting with no leads or prior work following an interview, so starting from scratch!

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/logo.png

VS

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6TPOc7pK7Pk/Ti7AG5mSlEI/AAAAAAAAAB8/kM578QKV5Sw/s1600/Mattjpg.jpg

VOTE NOW

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/timo_boll_22_12_08_large.jpghttp://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/files/morethanthegames/vladimirsamsonov.jpg
Timo Boll - Photo by Zhao Weizhen
Vladimir Samsonov - Photo by Ghetty images

Dan
09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Haha showdown on! I voted for myself clearly! And I think you did to hehe! 1-1 a piece atm! :P

WiWa
09-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Haha I have no idea who would be first, but really if u both manage to get interviews with these players I bow down to you more than I already did haha. This sort of things definitely add great value to the TTD site and for Matt his blog as well of course! Go for it :D

Matt Hetherington
09-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Hehe Dan doesn't know what he's getting himself into :P

Dan
09-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Hehe Dan doesn't know what he's getting himself into :P

Haha you put me in this! ,, my Timo Boll is more active then Samsonov ha, I will do my best I have some tricks up my sleeve for the TTD members :)

Matt Hetherington
09-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm going all out, wait and see how many interviews I get as side projects from this challenge haha look im winning already ;) I think WiWa voted for me lol

Dan
09-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm going all out, wait and see how many interviews I get as side projects from this challenge haha look im winning already ;) I think WiWa voted for me lol

Hehe never underestimate the power of Dan Ives :)

Matt Hetherington
09-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm not I'm just going on track record XD

Dan
09-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not I'm just going on track record XD

Haha true, well I'm going for the grand prize :)

YosuaYosan
09-01-2011, 01:39 PM
lol this thread cracked me up :D
a'ight who should I vote..

*voting*

done :)

Matt Hetherington
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Dun dun dunnnnn :P winning ;)

Dan
09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Dun dun dunnnnn :P winning ;)

My only vote is of myself, deary me haha

Matt Hetherington
09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh how I wish i could 'like' the above comment :D

Dan
09-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh how I wish i could 'like' the above comment :D

Hehe I will install that feature into the site soon just for you! :)

WiWa
09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Matt just FYI I did not vote :P Don't flatter yourself ;) xD

Matt Hetherington
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
haha hmm wonder who the 3rd vote was, some mysterious person who didnt want to comment! Sorry WiWa :) congrats on winning the competition :D

ttmonster
09-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Even though I severely doubt Dan is going to win this one ... but considering Timo appears to be friendlier and most importantly to keep Dan's morale Up .. Voting for Dan!

nightwolf34
09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I think this competition is great but the winners will be us the integrants of this forum by having this greta players share their thought and knowledge with us, this will be definitely interesting

WiWa
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
haha hmm wonder who the 3rd vote was, some mysterious person who didnt want to comment! Sorry WiWa :) congrats on winning the competition :D
Haha thanks :)

Matt Hetherington
09-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Lol and in the morning Dan is in the lead. hah i see, people want an interview with Timo so they are voting for Dan! I knew it :D lol Well people let me tell you something, I want the interview with Timo too. And Dan WILL get it no matter what, BUT I will get my interview first ;) hehe

moriguchi2
09-03-2011, 05:41 AM
DAN this would be awesome to get an interview!!! :D

ttmonster
09-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Matt .. have you started a thread to collect questions ? Dan is already a step ahead on this :p

Dan
09-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Matt .. have you started a thread to collect questions ? Dan is already a step ahead on this :p

1 step ahead :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Matt Hetherington
09-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Dan only does that because he can't think of qns himself XD lol

Dan
09-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Dan only does that because he can't think of qns himself XD lol

You know me to well! :)

moriguchi2
09-05-2011, 02:00 AM
U guys should just play a match and have the loser give up there site to the other hehe

Matt Hetherington
09-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Lol why would I need to do that, I run my blog and have my thumb stuck pretty far into the TTDaily pie already haha. Well Dan you have 16 votes and I only have 7, it appears people haven't been appreciating my interviews as much as I thought! I think people just want the interview with Timo more so they are voting for you :P

ttmonster
09-05-2011, 06:36 AM
We don't care the interviews happen or not ... the thread is funny enough !!!

Matt Hetherington
09-05-2011, 10:12 AM
haha oh contrate, everyone wants the Timo interview to happen

Matt Hetherington
09-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Hey Dan care to give us an update? Hows the progress with Timo? :P

Matt Hetherington
09-06-2011, 02:45 AM
I have a poll in my blog too so I'm not too disadvantaged by voters in 'Dan's Domain' :P

Vote here:
http://matthetherington.blogspot.com/2011/09/interview-showdown-matt-hetherington-vs.html

Matt Hetherington
09-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Keep voting people! :P I'm falling behind > . < aaaah haha

azlan
09-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Well I'm rooting for an interview with Vladimir. The main reason is he is a veteran, former world no 1, curious to know what he thinks about the standard of TT now compared to the time when he started. How he evolved his game to suit the modern game at his age. And to be honest, it's very rare to get Vladimir for an interview. We know pretty much a lot about Timo, but I'm really curious to know more about Vladimir, especially on a more personal level. It's quite difficult to make him to even crack a smile. Family, hobbies, habits etc..and how he developed his skill during and at the end of the communist regime. So, sorry Dan..I have to go for Vladimir :)

Matt Hetherington
09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Well Azlan what I'm about to tell you will satisfy you greatly then. It took me a week to get in touch with Samsonov, I won't disclose the lengths I went to to do that but I will say I contacted him and he has responded consenting to an interview and I have sent him some questions which I think you should appreciate the responses to :) Eyes on the prize ;)

azlan
09-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Dude, I don't even want to know the lengths you have to go get Vladimir...hahaha
It would be super if finally you get to post the interview here buddy. I'm certainly looking forward to it..:)

Matt Hetherington
09-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Haha it wasn't as hard as I thought, I did try a lot of different places and leads and people to get in touch with him, I think the place I finally got in touch with him through involved some clever thinking that's all :)

YosuaYosan
09-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Doh, the poll is a bit biased.
It is written who will get their interview first, not whose interview you want to be successful.

Matt Hetherington
09-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Yea I know but whatever :P most people voted for Dan coz they wanted the Timo interview I'm glad Azlan supported my choice of interviewee :P

azlan
09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Point taken Yosua, but I was really hoping that Matt would be able to contact Samsonov's people to arrange for the interview. And from the looks of it, Matt is the lead. But I wouldn't count out Dan. He's been sneakily quiet. For all you know, he's already got the interview with Timo and in the midst of posting it here.
I think it's a little easier to get in touch with Timo since he's more approachable than Vladimir. But Timo probably have a tighter schedule, so setting a date for the interview could be a little tricky. No matter who get the interview first, what I am really interested is.....Who would be able to encourage their sporting personalities to register themselves and post a comment here first, or even better, post a new thread on TTDaily. Imagine Samsonov and Timo on TTDaily!!!!

Dan
09-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Who would be able to encourage their sporting personalities to register themselves and post a comment here first, or even better, post a new thread on TTDaily. Imagine Samsonov and Timo on TTDaily!!!!

Haha it would be awesome!

Sorry ive been quiet lately guys, i have been in Czech Republic for the last 2 days and im here until Sunday.

I look forward to your interview Matt, I enjoy forfeits hehe :P.

I will get back to the TTD updates next week everyone :)

Matt Hetherington
09-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Czech Republic eh :P perhaps you can repay a visit there when I'm in town ;) yes forfeit could be fun. Perhaps Will Bayley will be kind enuf to be at the damage control end of the 100 table tennis balls ;)

Dan
09-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Czech Republic eh :P perhaps you can repay a visit there when I'm in town ;) yes forfeit could be fun. Perhaps Will Bayley will be kind enuf to be at the damage control end of the 100 table tennis balls ;)

Hehe I was thinking that :) ...

Course ill pay you a visit, this place is awesome! So cheap to!

Matt Hetherington
09-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Yea I heard it was pretty low cost :D

Dan
04-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Good times Matt :)

Matt Hetherington
04-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Haha the spoils of victory still sweet even now ;)