PDA

View Full Version : Hi from South Africa

topoftheworld
08-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Good day to everyone.
I last played table tennis in 1997, still have my setup from then. Its a Sunflex Mikado. Very old, rubbers are hard and not tacky.
Back then there wasn't really much to choose from.

Cant wait to get back to playing

Hope to learn a lot from the forum.

Later

Dan
08-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Welcome to TTD! Great to see you getting back into the sport! What inspired you to come back, Rio Olympics?

topoftheworld
08-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome. It did play part in me wanting to start playing again. Also found my table tennis gear recently when I moved and thought, why not start playing again.

Ivelin Georgiev
08-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Greetings! This forum is a great place to learn new thing as well as discuss equipment if you ever felt like changing your old one. I had a lot of help especially from UpSideDownCarl and chose exactly what suits my game :)
Cheers!

topoftheworld
08-25-2016, 04:20 AM
Greetings! This forum is a great place to learn new thing as well as discuss equipment if you ever felt like changing your old one. I had a lot of help especially from UpSideDownCarl and chose exactly what suits my game :)
Cheers!

Thanks. Will definitely be changing my equipment soon. Busy reading lots of reviews on rubbers and blades. Will be asking plenty of questions
and advise.

Suga D
08-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the forum, totw. Have a good time here.

htfu
08-25-2016, 01:49 PM
welcome ...

lots to learn here as things have moved on a bit since you stopped playing (same thing happened to me), get stuck in :)

violoniste18
08-25-2016, 02:43 PM
I am interested about table tennis in south Africa, you were playing competition ? Do you know how many players in your country ? I never heard about table tennis in your country

topoftheworld
08-25-2016, 03:52 PM
I am interested about table tennis in south Africa, you were playing competition ? Do you know how many players in your country ? I never heard about table tennis in your country
Hi. Never played in Competition only in our High School leagues against other Schools.
I really dont have a clue as to how many Table tennis players there is. In the region where I stay there is about 16 clubs that play in a league that I know of. Its not the biggest sport in our country. I do hope that it grows and that more people and Schools get involved.

Tony's Table Tennis
08-25-2016, 08:06 PM

Seriously, you never heard about me?
I'm in South Africa too.... lol

Welcome Topoftheworld
which city are you in?

topoftheworld
08-26-2016, 04:42 AM
Seriously, you never heard about me?
I'm in South Africa too.... lol

Welcome Topoftheworld
which city are you in?

Thanks Tony.
Im in Gauteng now. Moved back here a month ago. I have been browsing your site daily. Lol.
Will get in touch with you as soon as I'm settled in.

Tony's Table Tennis
08-26-2016, 07:12 PM
Thanks Tony.
Im in Gauteng now. Moved back here a month ago. I have been browsing your site daily. Lol.
Will get in touch with you as soon as I'm settled in.

No wonder I am getting heavy traffic to my site lately :p
Let me know via email or whatsapp if you need anything from my side :)

So where were you before?
Gauteng has some decent league structures, hope you join up with some club there and meet new TT friends.

topoftheworld
08-26-2016, 07:54 PM
No wonder
aI am getting heavy traffic to my site lately :p
Let me know via email or whatsapp if you need anything from my side :)

So where were you before?
Gauteng has some decent league structures, hope you join up with some club there and meet new TT friends.
All that heavy traffic was probably me.
I was in Rustenburg before I came back ro Gauteng. Im planning on joining a club here. I also only found out recently that Rustenburg has a Table tennis club as well. Im now sure on what I want to puchase and will definitely be giving you a call when I'm ready to order.
Thanks