Removing Rubbers That have been glued with a Glue Sheet

Hello TTD Community

A couple of months ago I bought a Timo Boll Spirit blade and a couple of sheets of DHS Skyline 3 and stuck the sheets on with a glue sheet instead of glue.

Fast forward 2 months I'm wanting to remove these rubbers to replace with Tibhar Aurus soft however I'm worried about splintering my blade due to these glue sheets and what I've read up about them in other forums.

My question is, will the glue sheets cause splintering on my blade as l have not varnished it?

And does anyone have a technique or tips to remove these rubbers safely?

Cheers
[emoji2][emoji1303][emoji971]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello TTD Community

A couple of months ago I bought a Timo Boll Spirit blade and a couple of sheets of DHS Skyline 3 and stuck the sheets on with a glue sheet instead of glue.

Fast forward 2 months I'm wanting to remove these rubbers to replace with Tibhar Aurus soft however I'm worried about splintering my blade due to these glue sheets and what I've read up about them in other forums.

My question is, will the glue sheets cause splintering on my blade as l have not varnished it?

And does anyone have a technique or tips to remove these rubbers safely?

Cheers
[emoji2][emoji1303][emoji971]

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Hi Pricey!

Last two times that I changed my rubbers, I made that with glue sheets.. way more practical, in my opinion!

My blade was not sealed, and I used the TSP glue sheet. Very good adherence, didn't have any problem with those. When I removed the rubbers, I did it very carefully, but it didn't damage my blade, and the glue sheet stayed attached to the rubber instead of the blade. The other time I used Donic glue sheets. The rubbers could be removed easier than the TSP, and also didn't damage my blade as well.

Anyway, if you can seal your blade before, and be careful during the process of changing your rubbers, I believe you won't have any trouble...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Those glue sheets are made to stay afaik.
Well, i don't have any experience with glue sheets myself, but i got rid of glue residue with a few drops of oil.
Try to gently lift a corner and then use a oil drenched q-tip. And then go from there little by little.
This way I could even remove some factory preglued rubbers from an old blade, so it should also work with those sheets...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I used to use gluesheets for OX rubbers. But after a painful experience of trying to get that rubber off, no more.

I was able to get the rubber off but the glue sheet was firmly stuck to my blade. I had to heat gun & rub it with my finger to get it off. I'd say all in all it took about 2 hours worth of work. Never again.

Now I just use regular glue for any rubber with sponge. And on OX rubbers, tear mender. Very easy.