PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried out the Tibhar Nimbus Delta S and Delta V rubbers?

ronz91
09-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Hey guys

Has anyone tried out the Tibhar Nimbus Delta S and Delta V rubbers? What are differences to the normal Nimbus rubbers?

Thanks

Ahmad Arnous
09-04-2016, 09:49 PM
I don't try nimbus but there are rubbers better than nimbus

ronz91
09-05-2016, 06:29 AM
I don't try nimbus but there are rubbers better than nimbus

Yes but these are currently in the 4 for 3 special.

ajtatosmano2
09-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I suppose you know the normal Nimbus. I've heard that Delta V is a little bit faster, feels a little bit harder and overall better. But it's still a learning rubber: soft, medium speed, good control, not so good spin. It would be a development after Focus 3 Snipe, but I would choose the Rakza instead of that. You need 4 rubber or you just wanted to spare some money? Of course you want to spare but you really need 4? I think you should ask TT11 when will they replace 3=4 rubbers and choose something better. Never go for Nimbus Delta, for that price Rakza is much better.

Airoc
09-05-2016, 07:37 AM
I've heard that Delta V is a little bit faster, feels a little bit harder and overall better. ... Never go for Nimbus Delta, for that price Rakza is much better.

Find the mistake? From hearsay to recommendation.

I do not know Rakza (which of all these do you mean btw?) so you might be right, but it´s a bit speculative.

What you have heard about Delta V isn´t wrong, although I wouldn´t say it feels harder than the "old" version. It adds a little more spin while - and I think this is its selling point - it is even better for blocking. It remains a rubber for the straight game, where you might open up (spin potential good enough) to enter a fast game of counter and block. For a topspin game Tibhar produces much better rubbers.

Delta S can´t add so much, if V is an update of Nimbus, then S feels like an update of Nimbus Soft. However it is harder than Nimbus Soft and fits somewhere in between existing Nimbus rubbers.

My verdict: If you play a counter/block game (maybe on backhand) it will be difficult to find a much better rubber than Delta V. If spin is your thing, look elsewhere.

ronz91
09-05-2016, 06:19 PM

I do not know Rakza (which of all these do you mean btw?) so you might be right, but it´s a bit speculative.

What you have heard about Delta V isn´t wrong, although I wouldn´t say it feels harder than the "old" version. It adds a little more spin while - and I think this is its selling point - it is even better for blocking. It remains a rubber for the straight game, where you might open up (spin potential good enough) to enter a fast game of counter and block. For a topspin game Tibhar produces much better rubbers.

Delta S can´t add so much, if V is an update of Nimbus, then S feels like an update of Nimbus Soft. However it is harder than Nimbus Soft and fits somewhere in between existing Nimbus rubbers.

My verdict: If you play a counter/block game (maybe on backhand) it will be difficult to find a much better rubber than Delta V. If spin is your thing, look elsewhere.

I definitely try to play a more aggressive game, I like the slow heavy topspin to wrong foot the opponent and am working on my mid-distance game. Have you played with Tibhar 1Q rubbers?

ajtatosmano2
09-05-2016, 07:34 PM

You are right in general, what made me to not recommend Delta V is the price. Too high for a 'good blocking rubber which can be used to attack, but not so good.' For that price you can buy very good rubbers, not just average good ones. And yes, I hit with Nimbus around 2-4 shots, but that and my friend's complaints about the new version (he played both) were enough. And I said Rakza, because it was the other type of rubbers in the 4for3 action.

ronz91: I definitely try to play a more aggressive game, I like the slow heavy topspin to wrong foot the opponent and am working on my mid-distance game. Have you played with Tibhar 1Q?

Then Nimbus isn't your cup of tee. I didn't tried 1Q, maybe others can help.
But rule No.1 is that if you need help, post a video about your play or at least describe your style and level in details.
Without these we can't give you proper recommendation.

Airoc
09-05-2016, 10:14 PM
I didn't tried 1Q, maybe others can help.

It´s discontinued, at least in Germany where it´s made. Don´t think stocks will last long ...

ronz91
09-05-2016, 10:26 PM
It´s discontinued, at least in Germany where it´s made. Don´t think stocks will last long ...

What replaced it? Or are they updating it?

Airoc
09-06-2016, 07:03 AM
What replaced it? Or are they updating it?

I think it just dropped. 5Q in its variations is obviously more successful.

ronz91
09-06-2016, 09:41 AM
I think it just dropped. 5Q in its variations is obviously more successful.

Ah I see, I have played with 5Q as well, its a good rubber. Are they considered new rubbers though, as I see they don't have any kind of Tensor tech in them.

Airoc
09-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Are they considered new rubbers though, as I see they don't have any kind of Tensor tech in them.

But of course they have.

ronz91
09-06-2016, 11:12 AM
But of course they have.

They have tensor tech?

Airoc
09-06-2016, 12:48 PM
They have tensor tech?

Yes. You would have a hard time finding German made rubbers without these days ...

ronz91
09-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Yes. You would have a hard time finding German made rubbers without these days ...

Okay strange. tabletennisdb must mean something else as they list all 5Q variations as non-tensor.

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/tibhar-5q-update.html

Airoc
09-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Okay strange. tabletennisdb must mean something else as they list all 5Q variations as non-tensor.

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/tibhar-5q-update.html

I just checked a few rubbers there and the database is wrong in many cases.

The best example is Joola Express x-plode, where you can even see the Tensor logo on the cover, and they say it´s not.

ronz91
09-06-2016, 02:01 PM
I just checked a few rubbers there and the database is wrong in many cases.

The best example is Joola Express x-plode, where you can even see the Tensor logo on the cover, and they say it´s not.

Ah thanks for clearing that up

scoops
09-06-2016, 10:38 PM
I tried them both on a timo boll spirit, they were both very mushy if I remember right, I only used them for one evening then sold on ebay. They are good for blocking but not much else, only set (out of lots and lots) that I have only used once and got rid

ronz91
09-07-2016, 07:08 PM
I tried them both on a timo boll spirit, they were both very mushy if I remember right, I only used them for one evening then sold on ebay. They are good for blocking but not much else, only set (out of lots and lots) that I have only used once and got rid

Have you used Yasaka Rakza?