Tiber Genius Upgrade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Can anyone help? This is my first ever forum so go easy! I and happy with my Tibhar Genius and Genius Sound rubbers but they seem to becoming increasing hard to find and expensive. Any thoughts on an alternative? My blade is a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. My style is offensive, looking to attack at every opportunity. I've been playing around five years and would class myself as intermediate after a couple of years of coaching. Any advice would be welcome

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Can anyone help? This is my first ever forum so go easy! I and happy with my Tibhar Genius and Genius Sound rubbers but they seem to becoming increasing hard to find and expensive. Any thoughts on an alternative? My blade is a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. My style is offensive, looking to attack at every opportunity. I've been playing around five years and would class myself as intermediate after a couple of years of coaching. Any advice would be welcome

Seems strange, Genius is in good supply usually. But you can upgrade to Evolution MX-P and FX-P, they are the next level in the development.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Seems strange, Genius is in good supply usually. But you can upgrade to Evolution MX-P and FX-P, they are the next level in the development.

Hi, thanks for the advice. i used to get Genius from Decathlon or Bribar (both UK)but neither stock it now - I can get it from Europe but the (stupid) decision to leave Europe has pushed the price up. Is there much difference in speed and control between Genius and Mx-p, I am slightly worried that it will be too fast and uncontrollable for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi, thanks for the advice. i used to get Genius from Decathlon or Bribar (both UK)but neither stock it now - I can get it from Europe but the (stupid) decision to leave Europe has pushed the price up. Is there much difference in speed and control between Genius and Mx-p, I am slightly worried that it will be too fast and uncontrollable for me.

MX-P adds a bit of everything to what Genius is good about, and a little catapult as well. But you can get used to it.

Same goes for FX-P in relation to Genius Sound.

You might want to look for Joola X-Plode to replace Genius - it´s virtually the same rubber. I usually loathe such claims, but I have a friend who is sponsored personally by Joola while his club is sponsored by Tibhar, so during the week he practiced with x-plode and on the weekend played matches with Genius. In our fourth national league, so you´d think it´d matter which rubber ;)

While at it, you could try X-Plode sensitive to replace Genius Sound - it is 2.5 degrees harder, but still a soft rubber, and one of the most durable from my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
MX-P adds a bit of everything to what Genius is good about, and a little catapult as well. But you can get used to it.

Same goes for FX-P in relation to Genius Sound.

You might want to look for Joola X-Plode to replace Genius - it´s virtually the same rubber. I usually loathe such claims, but I have a friend who is sponsored personally by Joola while his club is sponsored by Tibhar, so during the week he practiced with x-plode and on the weekend played matches with Genius. In our fourth national league, so you´d think it´d matter which rubber ;)

While at it, you could try X-Plode sensitive to replace Genius Sound - it is 2.5 degrees harder, but still a soft rubber, and one of the most durable from my experience.

Thanl you for the response, what about mx s and fx s in comparison. I'm keen to stick with Tibhar as everything I've bought of theirs has been of a high standard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
They are heavier than Genius and Genius Sound, yes.

MX-S and FX-S in relation to MX-P and FX-P are even spinnier, but offer less catapult so they are more difficult to play.

Compared to Genius, MX-S might feel almost "chinese" to you.
FX-S is way easier to play, but still not as indulgent as Genius Sound.

You could try EL-S, which has the spin of MX-S, almost the catapult of MX-P and is a great rubber.
And if you can handle something even softer than Genius Sound then Aurus Sound might be for you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
They are heavier than Genius and Genius Sound, yes.

MX-S and FX-S in relation to MX-P and FX-P are even spinnier, but offer less catapult so they are more difficult to play.

Compared to Genius, MX-S might feel almost "chinese" to you.
FX-S is way easier to play, but still not as indulgent as Genius Sound.

You could try EL-S, which has the spin of MX-S, almost the catapult of MX-P and is a great rubber.
And if you can handle something even softer than Genius Sound then Aurus Sound might be for you.

Airoc - thank you, one last question: would EL-S be better a better choice than EL-P? I am going to go for FX -P so just sure whether EL-S or EL-P.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Airoc - thank you, one last question: would EL-S be better a better choice than EL-P? I am going to go for FX -P so just sure whether EL-S or EL-P.

For a topspin oriented game on your forehand you should go for EL-S. EL-P is the one out of six Evolution rubbers with a stiff topsheet for a more direct feeling, ideal for blocking (while of course still very good for topspin). But you will find the topspin game a real pleasure with EL-S.