Regarding equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hi fellows. I have blades and have been thinking of various rubber combinations for each of them. i am mainly a forehand oriented player( Sets up forehand smash with loops or tries to finish the point with a power loop drive and also have a good block) who mostly blocks and pushes with backhand with the occasional backhand loop off backspin( Learning backhand topspin now) so here are the combinations i thought of

1. Stiga Clipper CR
FH : Yasaka Raxza X or H3 Neo
BH : Tenergy FX or Xiom Vega Japan
2 Xiom Extreme S
FH: Xiom Omega IV Pro
BH: Xiom Vega Japan
3. Xiom Stradivarius
FH and BH : Xiom Vega Japan
4. Xiom Ignito
FH: Xiom Vega Pro
BH: Xiom Vega Japan
5. Xiom Hayabusa Zi
FH: Xiom Omega iv pro
BH: Xiom omega iv euro

All these rubbers are from my collection itself and there are others remaining as well such as
1. Stiga Power Lt
2. Palio CJ8000
3. Friendship 72 Aurora

Feel free to comment on any changes that u think are better for my way of playing... i have started playing just a few years ago..

Thanks a lot

looking foward to ur feedback guys

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The actual question is, do you want to improve your BH and add it as an offensive weapon or do you want to switch to pips on BH.

And if you want to improve your BH then you would be greatly helped by a different blade than any of the ones you have.

Those are good offensive blades. But you need something with a little more flex,
control and dwell time and it should be a little slower than any of those blades.

Xiom Offensive S is a little stiff but it would be better than any of the blades listed.

Here are a few others.

1) Stiga Allround Evolution
2) Stiga Offensive Classic
3) Yasaka Sweden Extra

None of them are expensive. But if your BH is how you described, one of those blades with an easy to manage rubber like:

Xiom Vega Europe on BH

Would be good. You can put anything you want on your FH because it sounds like your FH is pretty good.

But your BH needs something more toned down if you want to work on improving it.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmad Arnous
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Those are good offensive blades.

And you should settle on one, not all five simultaneously. You can either play or collect.

Vega Europe for backhand is a good recommendation. Pick your favourite forehand rubber from all those you own.

And just play. From time to time, try one of your other blades for fun if you want. But never go for a "Monday to Friday each a different setup" thing ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Yes absolutely right.... i dont play with all of them on a monday to friday basis :D.. I am torn between the hayabusa zi and the clipper CR...

And regarding the vega europe i think u are right as a backhand recommendation... Thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes absolutely right.... i dont play with all of them on a monday to friday basis :D.. I am torn between the hayabusa zi and the clipper CR...

And regarding the vega europe i think u are right as a backhand recommendation... Thanks

I am still contending that, even though the blades you have are good for your FH, if you want your BH to improve, something slower, with more dwell time and flex would be better for you than any of the blades you have.

Your FH may be able to handle those blades. But it sounds like your BH can't.

If you stick with those blades, you may as well get pips for BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I get it that my blades are too hard and i need something that is controllable.... and i dont want to shift to pips.... so mostly i will be getting one of the blades u suggested.... and xiom vega europe is a good rubber i agree because i have used it, even on the ignito ( on which it feels like marshmallows ... soo soft :D but is the only rubber i could play with without having trouble on the ignito)...

and u r right abt my backhand.... as i dont do much with it except set up my forehand, players ranked lower than me have made it an agreement of sorts of not giving anything on my forehand no matter how hard i try to make them to play something on my forehand... so i need to develop my backhand ( getting tired of always stepping around) it is a necessity .

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I do not know this Ignito blade but if the Vega Europe felt soft on that it might make sense to use in on backhand and select your proposed Clipper backhand rubber tenergy FX as forehand rubber on the Ignito, or one of your Omega 4 Euros.

The Hayabusa could also work with that rubber combination I think, I know one of the other Hayabusas and that wasn´t too extreme.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Ignito = Hinoki + Carbon = Rocket Launcher

You are absolutely right... this is one blade that has me so perplexed that it is irritating..... this is one blade where i am afraid to use my forehand.... at first i had a DHS skyline tg3 neo on it... it felt dead... so changed it to a sheet of MXP ( i had that lying around) and it was such a huge disaster.. just a little heavier swing and BOOM off the table.... i changed it to an old sheet of Stiga power Lt ( thought if this works i will then use a new sheet) ... it was even a bigger disaster.... so came back to Skyline tg3 neo ( this felt the best compared to others) . The backhand where i have xiom vega europe feels good on the backhand but on the forehand it feels so soft that it feels like i am playing with the wood itself..... so that is one setup i have kept aside and will go to that once i feel i can handle it....

It is a ROCKET LAUNCHER....

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A piece of information with equipment. It is not really like the goal is to get good enough to use the fastest equipment. There are lots of people who think this way and it hinders their development of technique and skill in table tennis.

I am going to use Xu Xin as an example for now. He uses an all wood blade that isn't very fast. I've hit with one of the blades that Stiga made for him to test. Now, he did not accept this particular blade. But it was in the ballpark. It was close to being accepted.

It wasn't that fast. XX uses an all wood blade that is on the high side of Off- or the low side of Off. Yes, slower than any blade on your list. And look at how much power he gets from it because his technique is so good.

Even the top pros who are using "faster" blades are using moderate speed blades like Viscaria, TB ALC, Clipper.

The truth is, the other 4 blades on your list sound like they are totally fine for your FH. It is your BH that needs remedial work and help. But Clipper, Extreme S, Stradivarius and Hayabusa Zi are good blades for when your technique is well developed. They just are hard to learn and develop your technique with.

There are very few pro players who use those extremely fast blades. One to note is Werner Schlager and he had a unique play style to say the least.

One of the reasons this is the case is, even if you have such good technique that you can really spin the hell out of the ball with one of those fast blades, you will not get as much arc as you would with a slightly slower blade and the same spin.

On the positive side, this means your balls will go deeper and be dangerous because of the depth. On the downside, for someone who HAS the skill to control that kind of beast, the extra speed necessarily cuts down the angles you can get which makes it much harder to move your opponent out of position and play tactically.

Why does the faster blade cut down the the amount of angle you can get on your shots? To get that kind of angle, you have to be able to arc the ball enough to get it to land pretty near the net, which the added speed prevents because, even when the ball has a ton of spin, if it also has a ton of pace, then it will not arc as much as a slightly slower ball with the same amount of spin.

And that, in a nutshell, is why so many high level players use blades with moderate speed but that allow you to get a high level of spin.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The Stradivarius is not super fast. You could put Vega in it and you should be ok.