Rubber getting wet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Until now i always thought that in though matches my ability to do short and spiny serves deteriorates because i get agitated.

However this happened a lot even in longer training sessions.
I think its because my rubber gets wet ... i can even slide the ball across the surface of my rubber... and we are talking H3 neo.
I had this with H3 neo and Xiom omega v rubber happen so far. Maybe i just got a bad sheet of H3 neo?

One more thing about H3 neo quality. I have an old sheet on my spare racket, it used to just lie around in my room catching dust. After i re boosted it it got so damn tacky I could throw a ball onto it and the ball would just stick on the surface. Like in the picture i posted in the True essence post. However the new sheet i have on my main racket isn't tacky at all. Only if I keep it covered with adhesive protectors for two or more days i can lift balls up.

Maybe its because my main racket is the Xiom Vega Pro wood and my spare blade the Stiga classic allround? What do you think? Have you made similar experiences? And if yes what did you do to change that?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This is interesting. Most people tell me, that this problem occurs more often with non-tacky rubbers.
But maybe it's mostly a question of humidity and temperature.
But what could really help you, is to use a racket case that can get heated up to about 40°-50° Celsius like this here for example.

http://www.futurespin.de/tischtenni...llen/huellen/hero-waermehuelle-advantage.html

It is said, that rubbers also last longer if you play with them at "the right" temperature.
I haven't found the need to try it out personally but we have one old cat who's a chopper at our club who always uses this...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
This is interesting. Most people tell me, that this problem occurs more often with non-tacky rubbers.
But maybe it's mostly a question of humidity and temperature.
But what could really help you, is to use a racket case that can get heated up to about 40°-50° Celsius like this here for example.

http://www.futurespin.de/tischtenni...llen/huellen/hero-waermehuelle-advantage.html

It is said, that rubbers also last longer if you play with them at "the right" temperature.
I haven't found the need to try it out personally but we have one old cat who's a chopper at our club who always uses this...

This is very interesting! But also very effortful maybe.
However the point about the rubber being to cold makes sense to me.

Reactions: Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Boogar, T05 and Omega II are Absolut SCHLECHTE - THE WORST in the history of rubbers moistening up in humid conditions, Omega IV and V are not far behind, as are some other Tensors.

H3 isn't too bad a rubber for humid conditions. Tacky Chinese topsheets are the most resistant to moisture build up from humidity.

Perhaps, you could be like me and just sweat a ton and your rubbers get a lot of small drops on it from your arm snap on shots. Even if you wipe it off with your hand, since your hand is moist, it won't completely dry and you have a thin layer of moisture covering the bat.

Reactions: Boogar and Suga D
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In summer in Korea, during the 20 minute lesson (even top athletes regret signing up for lessons after the 10 minute mark) I sweat so much after ten minutes that no matter what, when it comes to the part where I must step around BH corner and Fh loop the ball and do a huge cross-over step to get to the ball down the line and hit with power... my sweat flies off my arm and wrist, and forms huge drops all over the table, it even lands on coach's FACE (and the wall behind her). I have to wipe the table down every two minutes and it is STILL HOPELESS.

THINK, with all those sweat particles flying around everywhere, it is gunna get on your bat regardless.