PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to Dima?

TTHopeful
10-03-2016, 06:31 AM
This performance is just not good enough... Maybe it's his Chinese rubber on the forehand or his new daughters arrival has given him a lack of sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmHXnb1yHQM

vvk1
10-03-2016, 10:28 AM
His FH was fine, imho. But Dima made a ton of uncharacteristic BH mistakes. Karlsson played better, that's all. Nothing to do with equipment.

Ilia Minkin
10-03-2016, 01:53 PM
I have an impression that he works incredibly hard to reach the top 4 after becoming the best player in Europe. And if one pushes through that hard, setbacks are inevitable.

TTFrenzy
10-03-2016, 02:22 PM
guys lets not forget that KK played a great game and was super aggressive with far less unforced errors than dima. It wasnt just that dima was hesitant with his FH attacks which was obvious. Maybe he was not 100 % in shape and in a poor mental condition. He is definitely adjusting to his new rubber but maybe in the long run we will see him improving even more

p.s. dima wasnt and isnt the most consistent player in terms of results and since KK improved so much in the last year this result does not come as a "big" surprise to me

Ilia Minkin
10-03-2016, 03:24 PM
guys lets not forget that KK played a great game and was super aggressive with far less unforced errors than dima. It wasnt just that dima was hesitant with his FH attacks which was obvious. Maybe he was not 100 % in shape and in a poor mental condition. He is definitely adjusting to his new rubber but maybe in the long run we will see him improving even more

p.s. dima wasnt and isnt the most consistent player in terms of results and since KK improved so much in the last year this result does not come as a "big" surprise to me

+1 really nice to see an eventual breakthrough from KK. The more competitive European TT scene is, the better! And Kristian is 25 year old, hopefully there is a bright future ahead of him.

ttmonster
10-03-2016, 04:08 PM
he got bit by the EJ virus that goon squad members sent him in mail in the from of a "National version Hurricane " ...

Baal
10-03-2016, 05:01 PM
This performance is just not good enough... Maybe it's his Chinese rubber on the forehand or his new daughters arrival has given him a lack of sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmHXnb1yHQM

Actually, I think this is a really good comment. The arrival of his new daughter is bound to have some effect on his training regimes leading up to this, and I am amazed that he is making an equipment change like this.

And if he happens to run into an opponent who is playing really really well at that moment....

NextLevel
10-03-2016, 06:02 PM
I think given the changes in his life and his game, it is only to be expected. I found the way he actually played to be very technically sound. My guess is that he hasn't played enough left handers since making the changes and that will change over time.

The Omega Man
10-03-2016, 06:14 PM
What rubber is he using now? Don't tell me a blue sponge H3 National Version.

ajtatosmano2
10-03-2016, 08:27 PM
What rubber is he using now? Don't tell me a blue sponge H3 National Version.

He uses a blue sponge H3 National Version. :D There is one question: he bought it on the ebay and bathed it in booster or he asked CNT to send him a real one.