After Boosting Hurricane 3 neo

This user has no status.
Hi everyone, I have boosted a sheet of H3neo with 4 layers of Falcon long : the results were Amazing but :
The rubber sheet has retracted pretty fast during these days (within 7 days) the edge tended to be unglued which has unbalanced the weight of the blade (noticeable), the bounciness of the rubber also has changed.
So I decided to remove the rubber but while removing the sheet cracks (only sponge) (nb : I glued it with neottec water based glue).

Well, that is my first experiance of Boosting rubber. Am I doing wrong? Do you have this problem? How can I do to maintain the rubber tense for a longer time? How long the rubber keep his first boosted property ?

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
describe the procedure of boosting the rubber.
how long it takes with first lay, second, third?
why 4 layers? usually 3 layers good enough.
PS: H3Neo commercial - cheap rubber, with low characteristics of quality of materials. H3Neo Provincial - would be much better.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Well, there is the real story of this rubber :
1 layer of neottec glue, wait for dry
1 layer of booster
wait for 12h : the rubber curve a little bit
1 layer of booster
wait for 12h : the rubber was very curved
wait for 3 days, the rubber still curved but I glued it cause I had to play
after playing the rubber started to unglue on the edge (the glue wasnt strong enough?)
so I decide to remove the rubber to reglue it but while removing it, the glue removed the boost layer partially so I decided to remove all the layers on the rubber... to do it properly
so I decided to put 1 layer of booster first, wait for 12h then 1 layer of glue and 1 layer of booster
wait for 4 days, still very curved but I glue it to play this day and this time I put more glue because I want the rubber to not unglued on the edge...
1 week after the rubber retracted on the edge (2-3mm) so I want to reglue it and it cracked while removing it x)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
oh... you put too much booster

Here is one of reciepts:
1 lay of booster - wait for 15-30 min.
2 lay of booster - wait for 24 hours
3 lay of booster (if you REALLY need it) - wait for 4 days (better 5-7days)
1 lay of glue - wait for a sponge will be dry (matte color)
2 lay of glue -wait for a sponge will be dry (matte color)
3 lay of glue -wait for a sponge will be dry (matte color)
4 lay - if you need it. (usually i don't need it)
use press (of some books or smth.) to glueing racket about 24 hours.
good glue - nittaku finezip, dianchi(i use that glue), revolution no3 norm visc.
questions - welcome.

Reactions: Glen20
This user has no status.
Yeah there are many way to boost, still don't know which one is the safest one x)
Why people put a layer of glue before the booster? Why you don't?
Oh I used books to pression the racket the second time I glued it
My retailer told me that the neottec glue wasn't strong enough and recommanded me the révolution n3... But is it too strong? No problem to remove the rubber without cracking it into piece?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
oh... you put too much booster

Here is one of reciepts:
1 lay of booster - wait for 15-30 min.
2 lay of booster - wait for 24 hours
3 lay of booster (if you REALLY need it) - wait for 4 days (better 5-7days)
1 lay of glue - wait for a sponge will be dry (matte color)
2 lay of glue -wait for a sponge will be dry (matte color)
3 lay of glue -wait for a sponge will be dry (matte color)
4 lay - if you need it. (usually i don't need it)
use press (of some books or smth.) to glueing racket about 24 hours.
good glue - nittaku finezip, dianchi(i use that glue), revolution no3 norm visc.
questions - welcome.

Why would you put more than one layer of glue?

And also why would you put a layer of glue before the boosting?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Why would you put more than one layer of glue?

And also why would you put a layer of glue before the boosting?

I use to wonder this myself. But after having numerous DHS rubbers bubble on me with applying booster directly to the sponge (and those were done with Falco Tempo booster. Not as strong as Falco Long), I suppose it's important.

Think i once heard it slows down the soak in of that booster going in. If it goes too fast, the stretching is too radical and you get what I had.

Here's a video demonstrating it and they apply glue 1st.

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Sep 2016
doesn't matter if you put 1000 layers of booster.
if the sponge breaks when removing the rubber it's the glue's fault.
that's why I asked what glue you use, cause most glues are not strong enough to cause this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
The lay of glue before booster is for better glueing. I don't need it usually with my glue.
Revolution no3 - strong enough. it have wonderfull property - it remove very very easy like "at a head". (like dianchi glue although dianchi cheaper and a little bit stronger).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
more liquid glue need more layers. Unlike old(speed) glue VOC free glue don't spread over the whole sponge. So one time is not enough to paint all of the sponge.
But if you use not so liquid glue - for example BTY Free Chuck - two layers would be enough.
---
I usually don't put a layer of glue before boosting.

Reactions: Glen20
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
while the rubber will be on blade with glue - minimum of retraction.
as soon as the rubber will be separated from the blade - size will be less. Because of tuning - booster. it expands the pores in sponge so sponge becomes bigger.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I've never had any problems with Revolution glue. It isn't that strong, but usually 2 layer is enough. And the more layer really makes the rubber faster and spinnier. So if you don't want to boost, try to use 2-3 layer on the wood and 3-4 layer on the rubber. Someone said that more than 7 layer doesn't help, as it won't give you speed nor spin, but the control will reduce. But 5-7 layers haven't as strong effect as boosting, but better than 2-3 layers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
I've never had any problems with Revolution glue. It isn't that strong, but usually 2 layer is enough. And the more layer really makes the rubber faster and spinnier. So if you don't want to boost, try to use 2-3 layer on the wood and 3-4 layer on the rubber. Someone said that more than 7 layer doesn't help, as it won't give you speed nor spin, but the control will reduce. But 5-7 layers haven't as strong effect as boosting, but better than 2-3 layers.

I don't think the Glue has boosting effects, no matter how many layers you put on. Id say with more layers the rubber actually gets worse. Unless ofc you have non voc-free glue. Like in the speed-glue time.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The glue causing damage to the sponge on a DHS rubber may mean poor quality control on the rubber. It also may mean you should seal your blade.

As far as layers of glue. I have heard some guys from the CNT use 8-16 layers of glue. Extra rubber. Extra bounce. That is part of the theory. The main question would be, how much extra weight from the glue do you want? But extra glue does give more elasticity between the sponge and the blade face.

To the OP: the standard way of boosting is that you apply the boost. Let the rubber dome and then curl up. AND THEN WAIT TILL IT HAS UNCURLED enough so you can glue it on without the rubber curling off the blade face.

It sounds like you did not do this last part. It sounds like you glued while the rubber was still curled and it curled away from the blade face while you were playing.

That doesn't mean your glue was not strong enough. And if the rubber curled away from the blade face it probably means that the glue WAS NOT TOO STRONG EITHER.

The reason the rubber curled away from the blade was BECAUSE YOU DID NOT WAIT long enough for the dome to go down enough.

As far as the sponge getting damaged, my guess is, it could be because you need to seal your blade or, it could be because the glue bonded strongly at that ONE POINT. Or, more likely, there was a quality control issue with that sponge.

DHS is notorious for that kind of thing. Their quality control on certain products is atrocious.

And DHS is one of the most counterfeited brands. And if it was a counterfeit of a DHS rubber ANYTHING can happen.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
sorry but a little dome will be on rubber. (because of it we see chineese hurricane unglued from blades, and that's why Jike always touch corners of rubber so offen)
a LITTLE dome.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
sorry but a little dome will be on rubber. (because of it we see chineese hurricane unglued from blades, and that's why Jike always touch corners of rubber so offen)
a LITTLE dome.

Yes. A little dome. Not a lot. That is why I said, "wait till dome has gone down ENOUGH."

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy