Strange blue sponge in Ma Lin racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
Hey there,

Does anyone know where this strange blue sponge in Ma Lin rackets comes from? I think is DHS or Butterfly but... which one?
Schermata 2011-09-05 a 04.05.55.jpg

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
That picture does not show the sponge and he may have a different rubber now. And to those who are asking where can you buy it - you simply can't; the chinese national team's equipment is specially made for each player, period.

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Of course you can buy this covering in the shop .. You just need to know where .. google.de usually helps in the search .. the rubber with the blue sponge .. I'll order me a shop for that I've already found

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I really wish I knew the decision making process behind when players choose to change their paddle materials. Is it because of the urging of their coaches? and what aspects they consider when they think about what materials they want to change to. It seems like a lot of the Chinese players have been switching relatively often in the past couple of years, I have to wonder if their choice of what to use, is more about who is sponsoring them, or whether its partly random to just fidget with their equipment on the off chance they find something that they are good with. It just seems like there are so many things to consider that making a truly educated choice as to what materials to switch to would be hard. I mean the true pros are so good they can adjust their games to such an extent, it seems like it would be hard to tell a true difference between their use of different equipment if they are given the chance to adept to that material for long enough.

If you are good at control, should that mean you should pick the rubber that gives you more control so you completely dominate in that aspect? or should you pick the rubber that gives bad control, because your style is already tuned to that, so that the rubber you choose while having bad control, has a bonus in some other aspect of the game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
he uses the skyline 2 national team blue sponge... specifically formulated to suit his needs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
There are many Blue Sponge rubbers from the Chinese Manufacturers. The Chinese National Team has their rubber pre tuned toward their personal needs so no you cannot buy a pretuned blue sponge rubber, but you could always try getting a blue sponge from say SST God favored then boosting or tuning it to soften it up and then put it with the H3 or Skyline 2 rubbers. It's a long process, but I personally like the SST God Favored sponge. It really makes looping underspin pretty easy. I just prefer the H3 because of it's many gears.