Which DONIC rubbers are closest related to TIBHAR Evolution rubbers?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is the discount on Donic rubbers really less than Dandoy's 3-4 deal on Evolution: 4 rubbers for 111€ = 100£ = $122 or, per sheet: 28€ = 25£ = $31.

I mean, that is a pretty good price. $31.00 a sheet for rubbers is a price I can live with.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
VAT in Europe right? I may be wrong on this but I think Evolution goes for 134.70€ at Dandoy if you live in Europe. Can anyone confirm?

Oh. Okay. Does England pay VAT?

And 33€ a sheet is still not bad.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Inkognito
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
EL-S might be tough to match from Donic. Don't think they have a topsheet anything like it.

edit.

Oops. Sorry, just noticed someone else mentioned that.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Hi guys,

I've been using Tibhar Evolution EL-S on my FH and the rubber is due to be replaced. Our club has recently got discount off Donic so in order to take advantage of the money saving, I want to find a donic rubber like the evolution.

The JP series??

wow! Already replacing an EL-S sheet? it came out not so long ago!

This user has no status.
I've gotten my EL-S sheets around August, now its October and they're more than just due. 4 times a week at ~3-4 hours per session and I was pretty much through with them mid September.
It's sad really, once I do find a good rubber, it's bottleneck usually turns out to be the durability. One thing you can do to counter that is go back in development generations, however that's not really what OP is looking for. I'd have to agree with the others here and say that matching a Donic rubber with EL-S is gonna be pretty tough.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Donic doesn't have any topsheets like the Evolution S series, at leas not yet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
acuda s1 turbo or bluefire m1 as Nextlevel has suggested are probably the closest too it, though they are a little slower. Similar firm grip and feel in the hardness of the sponge though.

I swapped from S1 Turbo into MX-P but the MX-S is similarish.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Thanks everyone. Most people know my game is a modern defender. My backhand pushes and chops are used to set up a forehand attack. At the same time on my forehand i do a variety of shots, pushes, chops, loops, drives, fishing... I usually serve spinny and try to 3rd ball attack. A lot of the time I will be trying to pick up backspin pushes to my forehand also.
Would it be worth staying with the harder sponge grippy topsheet rubber or maybe picking up a soft rubber for my forehand? Any suggestions from donic that would satisfy my playing style?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thanks everyone. Most people know my game is a modern defender. My backhand pushes and chops are used to set up a forehand attack. At the same time on my forehand i do a variety of shots, pushes, chops, loops, drives, fishing... I usually serve spinny and try to 3rd ball attack. A lot of the time I will be trying to pick up backspin pushes to my forehand also.
Would it be worth staying with the harder sponge grippy topsheet rubber or maybe picking up a soft rubber for my forehand? Any suggestions from donic that would satisfy my playing style?

You really can't be asking people questions that can only be answered by your personal preferences and training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Should Dima use H3? Or should he use T05? What about Drinkhall? Should he use MX-P or T05? People have found success at all decent levels using all kinds of things depending on their personal decisions and degree of training. Your coach can give you a class of rubber/blade if he has strong preferences, the rest is training and your insights.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Only way to know is buy a sheet of a reasonable Donic rubber and try it. Fortunately they are not grossly overpriced. I also think Bluefire M1 is pretty good, but my preferences may mean nothing for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So one would suggest m1 over m3? Softer sponge a no?

Again, you are asking people who have their own preferences questions that as a decent player you should be able to answer yourself or which you should really be asking players around you who you have seen play.

For the record, M3 is not just a softer rubber but has a different topsheet from M1 as well. Sponge hardness preferences are personal.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl