Backhand rubbers

This user has no status.
I'm thinking of getting a new rubber for my backhand along with a new blade. I was looking at the Donic Bluefire M3 (or any other bluefire), the Xiom Vega Japan (it says it on my profile but I do not) and the Yasaka Rakza 7. How does these rubbers compare as being a general BH rubber, for topspin on flicks and looping with speed and how durable they are. As well as that, what thicknesses would be best suited to those factors - either 2.0mm or MAX. Also, could you comment on the throw angles of each rubber - I prefer a medium to high.

I have a Yinhe V14 blade (carbon) if that changes anything significantly.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I'm not a fan of vega japan. The topsheet has too much tension resulting in low dwell time on the rubber. This might be because I'm a tenergy user and tenergy has a really mushy topsheet.

How about MX-P? I like how despite being fast, it's a good rubber for pushing and a lot of spin. I use rakza 7 on my BH and it feels to me like a really good allaround offensive rubber but it doesn't have any 'wow' factor to it and again as a tenergy user i like rubbers that have 'wow' factor to it

lyh

This user has no status.

lyh

This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 3 reviews
Bluefire M3 has high throw. It is soft and spinny, so it's quite easy to topspin with. Serving is awesome! I found it quite fast, but I am used too tacky rubber and Sriver speed, so maybe it isn't that fast. Mine more than six months with still much of its properties, but I don't play a lot. I only tried Vega Japan once or twice, but I found Vega Japan is more bouncy than M3. I prefer M3's dwell too. I also tried T64fx. I think M3 is grippier, but I am not sure.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Bluefire M3 has high throw. It is soft and spinny, so it's quite easy to topspin with. Serving is awesome! I found it quite fast, but I am used too tacky rubber and Sriver speed, so maybe it isn't that fast. Mine more than six months with still much of its properties, but I don't play a lot. I only tried Vega Japan once or twice, but I found Vega Japan is more bouncy than M3. I prefer M3's dwell too. I also tried T64fx. I think M3 is grippier, but I am not sure.

I read somewhere that the feel of it was quite odd and that the trajectory was unpredictable sometimes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Tenergy 64 (or 05 if you prefer much more faster loops instead of spin loops) - would be the best choice, i think, but not the best for the price.
Rakza 7, or Rakza 7 Soft(if you prefer slow spinny loops from BH) - optimal choice between price and quality.
BTW - Tibhar MX-P after 3-4 weeks definitely slower than tenergy after 3-4 weeks ;-)