Is there a big difference between Vega Asia and Asia DF?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Well I'm thinking I want to get 2 set ups, one is going to be Victas 401 1.8mm on an ALL blade for all round moderns defense, the next is a Xiom Vega Rubber for all round play-style that can still chop/cut. Now I'm not sure which to get as Japan could be good but I hear Vega Asia is a good control rubber so I wanted to put that on an ALL blade or maybe leaning more toward defense blade since the thickness is 2.0. So I wanted to see if there is a big difference between the Asia DF and Asia since I can get the Asia DF for 1.8 mm plus I believe it's a little slower. I'm not sure how much differently they play. I don't really mind if it's Europe DF or Asia DF though. If you can tell me an Omega rubber that's fine as well, but I haven't really gone into those as they are faster. Any experience with these rubbers or a different Xiom rubber with what I'm looking for would be amazing! Thank you for your time.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it the Rakza 7/soft wouldn't be a bad idea here either, I was thinking Tibhar Evolution EL-P but these rubbers might be too fast and lack some control which I find a bit more important than speed. The Victas 401 might be the fastest rubber I've gotten and it's a "modern defense" rubber :D

Last edited: