Donic Bluefire JP01 vs JP01 TURBO?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi guys,

I'm changing to Donic rubbers just because I can get them cheaper than anything else through my club.
I'm accustomed to EVO MX-S.... so my thought is i should switch to a harder sponge and a softer top sheet, just like MX-S. My theory from what I have read is JP01 or JP01 TURBO. Acuda Blue rubbers sound like the feeling is too soft.

Can anyone make a comparison of JP01 and JP01T for me? Someone who has used both?

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I played with jp01 turbo for one season. A team mate bought the jp01. The main difference I recognized was that the jp01 seemed to have a softer top sheet.

Why did you not consider the M1 turbo? Due to the harder sponge this might be more suitable to replace the MX-S.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I played with jp01 turbo for one season. A team mate bought the jp01. The main difference I recognized was that the jp01 seemed to have a softer top sheet.

Why did you not consider the M1 turbo? Due to the harder sponge this might be more suitable to replace the MX-S.

Thank you for the reply!

I've heard the M series topsheet is not soft? I know the MX-S topsheet is soft... that's why I thought about JP01/JP01 TURBO.

To be honest I want something that is still very spinny like the MX-S but a little slower. More control. Another reason for thinking about JP01. Would I be right?

This user has no status.
I'm playing with Donic rubbers (various acuda and bluefire) for about 3 years now.

M topsheet is soft.
M series comes with factory tuning. JP series - without tuning. This means M is little bit more bouncy, JP more linear.

MX-S would be more similar to M1Turbo because it's sponge is harder.

JP01Turbo is actually very similar to M1Turbo, just M1T is a tiny bit faster (maybe you even won't notice), little bit less control (harder rubber). JP1T is still fast enough with better control (very small margin).

JP01 vs JP01T - again, difference very small, but JP01T is a little bit more dynamic, means a little bit slower on touch shots.
From Donic - Acuda S1 Turbo is still good, but hard topsheet. New Acudas (Blue series) is more for amateurs and as you said are too soft (even P1) if you have proper technique and powerfull topspin.

There're lots of players in my country that plays with JP01T and are happy. I use it on FH for about 1,5 year, but with one layer of falco long so it becomes a little bit softer and lively.

I would say - try JP01T first:
if it's too dead for you - get M1 or put one layer of booster;
if it's too soft or you want more speed - get M1Turbo or put one layer of booster on your JP01T.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I'm playing with Donic rubbers (various acuda and bluefire) for about 3 years now.

M topsheet is soft.
M series comes with factory tuning. JP series - without tuning. This means M is little bit more bouncy, JP more linear.

MX-S would be more similar to M1Turbo because it's sponge is harder.

JP01Turbo is actually very similar to M1Turbo, just M1T is a tiny bit faster (maybe you even won't notice), little bit less control (harder rubber). JP1T is still fast enough with better control (very small margin).

JP01 vs JP01T - again, difference very small, but JP01T is a little bit more dynamic, means a little bit slower on touch shots.
From Donic - Acuda S1 Turbo is still good, but hard topsheet. New Acudas (Blue series) is more for amateurs and as you said are too soft (even P1) if you have proper technique and powerfull topspin.

There're lots of players in my country that plays with JP01T and are happy. I use it on FH for about 1,5 year, but with one layer of falco long so it becomes a little bit softer and lively.

I would say - try JP01T first:
if it's too dead for you - get M1 or put one layer of booster;
if it's too soft or you want more speed - get M1Turbo or put one layer of booster on your JP01T.

Thank you ever so much with your information and help. Fantastic!
It's been suggested to me to try something slower than MX-S to develop my forehand even further and help with my slightly more all-round game. I'm a modern defender so yes, I attack a lot and loop, but at the same time I also fish and chop occasionally.
Can you please describe the difference between JP01 and JP01T in more depth?
I'll try one of them and like you say, if I want something with a bit more umph I can try M1 or M1T.

This user has no status.
I didn't played so much with JP01, so can't tell a lot, but for me it seemed that with JP01T you can play even slower shots than with JP01 (so good for some touch shots or even defence). Top speed is about the same. If you're still developing I would recommend not max thickness, maybe 2.0 or even 1.8. You'll feel your wood more. I play with 2.0 myself now, it's also speedy enough but I like to feel wood more at the same time.
Get JP01T with 2.0 thickness, take some 2-3weeks to get used to it and concentrate more on developing your technique :) at least if something goes wrong you'll know where to go next with other rubber, because JP01T is in the middle of all other options - it's very balanced.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I didn't played so much with JP01, so can't tell a lot, but for me it seemed that with JP01T you can play even slower shots than with JP01 (so good for some touch shots or even defence). Top speed is about the same. If you're still developing I would recommend not max thickness, maybe 2.0 or even 1.8. You'll feel your wood more. I play with 2.0 myself now, it's also speedy enough but I like to feel wood more at the same time.
Get JP01T with 2.0 thickness, take some 2-3weeks to get used to it and concentrate more on developing your technique :) at least if something goes wrong you'll know where to go next with other rubber, because JP01T is in the middle of all other options - it's very balanced.

Thank you ever so much! I will try JP01T in 2.0mm! Do you think 1.8mm would make the attacking game worse?
So you basically feel JP01 would be a slight step up if I felt I wanted more speed?
Then if I want even more I should try M1T? What about standard M1?

This user has no status.
No, JP01 speed is about the same, just with JP01T it's even easier to play touch shots/short-short/defence.
M1 and M1T is only just a little bit faster than JP01T, it's even hard to notice it.. M1 sponge hardness is same as JP01T (47.5), M1T is little bit harder (50), so if you want just more speed - get M1, if you want harder rubber - get M1T.
Just get JP01T 2.0mm, it should be good enough for everything.

Reactions: ridderz65
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
No, JP01 speed is about the same, just with JP01T it's even easier to play touch shots/short-short/defence.
M1 and M1T is only just a little bit faster than JP01T, it's even hard to notice it.. M1 sponge hardness is same as JP01T (47.5), M1T is little bit harder (50), so if you want just more speed - get M1, if you want harder rubber - get M1T.
Just get JP01T 2.0mm, it should be good enough for everything.

Fantastic review and help. Thank you!
I will give the JP01T a go if you feel it may suit an all round game a little better than JP01. You say the speed is similar between the two, how about the spin?
Lastly, would you say that the spin is easier to generate from the JP over the M series? And is the spin more/less/similar between the two series of rubbers?
Obviously the control is regarded as better from the JP series, so that would probably benefit my game slightly better over the M series.