Gluing rubbers affect performance?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I definitely think so but I don't have any hard scientific evidence. For me I don't think the effects are huge but I have glued so many times I think it is rare that I do it really badly. If you get air pockets where glue doesn't hold, or the glue comes off around perimeter, or if the glue gets too deep into thick pores. Or if the glue clumps up while drying. I get consistent good results with Butterfly Free Chack 2.

This user has no status.
Usually you can tell if you are paying attention. No need for descriptions. When you see it, you will know.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Will it look like a bulge? Or a more transparent area on the rubber? Will it make a different sound when coming into contact with a ball?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Will it look like a bulge? Or a more transparent area on the rubber? Will it make a different sound when coming into contact with a ball?

Try to look at your rubber with light reflecting on it upon different areas. This will easily show air bubble for glue job and the uneven-ness of the glue application itself.

A flawless glue job means there are no wavy-ness from the light reflection. Ever since i got my tube roller, i could easily get this