Sabine Winter plays Table Tennis on a tight rope!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
A new video is doing the rounds of Social Media and this time it's Sabine Winter with this very unorthodox training method! We have shared some crazy training techniques recently but this one takes the biscuit! Simply incredible, Sabine Winter plays a combination of backhands and forehands balancing on a tight rope!

Who's going to try this?

p.s don't try this at home :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Not sure if I should try this :cool:

Start with the slackline alone.
Then proceed to juggling on the slackline like Sabine did. ;)

And always keep a smile on your face like she does. Great ambassador for fun in professional table tennis, wish we´d see more of her in our national team but the naturalized chinese players in Germany are just that small step ahead of her.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews

And always keep a smile on your face like she does. Great ambassador for fun in professional table tennis, wish we´d see more of her in our national team but the naturalized chinese players in Germany are just that small step ahead of her.

It must be very difficult for her to accept Chinese players are representing Germany ahead of her? Is this normal process? Does Sabine play internationally for Germany?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

It must be very difficult for her to accept Chinese players are representing Germany ahead of her? Is this normal process? Does Sabine play internationally for Germany?

Yes she is. And by just having become european champion at women's doubles she is pretty succesful, too, as i would say.

Well, i could elaborate about the value of having good practice partners and about treating them as humans and not like a person of little to no value, especially if they own a german passport!

Funny thing is, this kind of thinking and the argumentation only appears when it comes to german women's tabletennis, although we also have pretty good male chinese practice partners like Wang Xi, probably 'cause our women just aren't good enough.
But our male National Team members are playing much more succesful than our females, so this kind of discussion doesn't pop up when it comes to german male tabletennis.
So instead of finding excuses, the girls should rather invest their energy into more practice and practice harder instead of whining and complaining, which lead to nowhere IMHO...

Attachments

• 14907039_1299189790174072_5955449945228901554_n.jpg
    14907039_1299189790174072_5955449945228901554_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It must be very difficult for her to accept Chinese players are representing Germany ahead of her?

Shan and Han are German, otherwise they wouldn´t play for Germany.

I see what you mean, and currently I think Romania is the only (successful) European country where players of Asian origin do not dominate
women´s table tennis.

But it doesn´t count where one comes from - if these players are better then they´ll play. Both are nine years older than Sabine, one of them is reportedly planning a family, Sabine is working for Olympia 2020 :)

And yeah, as European doubles champion for the second time I think she can already be quite satisfied with her achievements.

Reactions: Suga D