How to improve fast

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
One way? Get Chinese coach. Not a Vietnamese one. When a top Vietnamese player beats a top German one, I will listen to him. In fact what he says "western coaches" say is BS. No good European coach ever says, hit from just the arm.

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
The vibe I've got from this channel is that it's heavily biased towards Asian table tennis. He seems to view Caucasians as less intelligent and incompetent or something.

Not to the extent of Asia having better and more knowledge: to the extent where westerners are just idiots.

That's just not right.

This user has no status.
The vibe I've got from this channel is that it's heavily biased towards Asian table tennis. He seems to view Caucasians as less intelligent and incompetent or something.

Not to the extent of Asia having better and more knowledge: to the extent where westerners are just idiots.

That's just not right.

Yes I think he is quite biased towards Asian players but I have tried one of his tips and it works quite well

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The one about using your legs
I noticed on my forehand I wasnt very consistent as I wasnt using my hips to twist around on the stroke

That one is really important. I have actually been making that a big point of emphasis lately (with a coach who is almost sadistic in the joy he takes in pushing me). It is not just for the power, it is to stay in balance after a stroke.

Actually, there is a lot of pretty useful stuff in the video, just the idea that this is some sort of unique "ancient Oriental wisdom" is pretty funny.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That one is really important. I have actually been making that a big point of emphasis lately (with a coach who is almost sadistic in the joy he takes in pushing me). It is not just for the power, it is to stay in balance after a stroke.

Actually, there is a lot of pretty useful stuff in the video, just the idea that this is some sort of unique "ancient Oriental wisdom" is pretty funny.
You need to take a 20 min lesson at a Korean club while coach wears you out before 12 minutes are up and does a Whatever while you try to suckas air like fish out of water, they are worse than your sadist.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
That guy talks SO ****ING SLOW it hurts. Of course there's a bias towards chinese tabletennis, he tried to make a point how flared handles are better in every single regard than straight handles because all Chinese play with a flared handle and all Europeans use a straight handle (that's not even accurate). Obviously anatomic or conic handles are for lunatics anyway. He turned the topic of handle types into a science, and unfortunately with his kind of presentation it just seems slightly ridiculous.

Every now and then there's a bit of information in his videos that makes for a really good point though, and I still watch them due to that. Usually on 2x speed though, otherwise it's unbearable :p

Oh by the way, concerning the bias, the guy is french. The bias is purely based on the undeniable fact that the chinese dominate the sport in every regard, so if I'm going to pick a role model I'll obviously look at who's doing it best, I'm with him on that one.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Oh by the way, concerning the bias, the guy is french. The bias is purely based on the undeniable fact that the chinese dominate the sport in every regard, so if I'm going to pick a role model I'll obviously look at who's doing it best, I'm with him on that one.

Are they really doing it the best? Or is it simply because they have a much larger sample size to select the best from? If you took their current training but cut their population down 50%, they'd essentially be equal to Europe. That's insane. Would they then have groomed FZD? Or Ma Long? Maybe. Maybe not.

I am in no way saying their coaching isn't top notch. I believe it is. I also think the fact that their country cares so much about TT is a huge factor. But I think TT is also big and has great coaching in Europe. You take those academies and let them hand pick their students for the size population that China gets to, I think you'd see relatively similar results.

Just food for thought.

As a reminder.
Europe population: 738,987,554
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/europe-population/

China: 1,384,465,401
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/china-population/

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
In Houston there is a huge Vietnamese community. I would rcognize that accent anywhere. And of course his name. So if he lives in France it is even more bizarre the way he caricatures "western" coaching.

This user has no status.
Are they really doing it the best? Or is it simply because they have a much larger sample size to select the best from? If you took their current training but cut their population down 50%, they'd essentially be equal to Europe. That's insane. Would they then have groomed FZD? Or Ma Long? Maybe. Maybe not.

I am in no way saying their coaching isn't top notch. I believe it is. I also think the fact that their country cares so much about TT is a huge factor. But I think TT is also big and has great coaching in Europe. You take those academies and let them hand pick their students for the size population that China gets to, I think you'd see relatively similar results.

Just food for thought.

As a reminder.
Europe population: 738,987,554
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/europe-population/

China: 1,384,465,401
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/china-population/

While you're not wrong, I'm gonna explain my wording. By undeniable I meant the fact that they CONSTANTLY appear in the top 10 of the world, like no other nation. Most of the time representing a solid portion of the top 5 even - I don't think I have to explain on an enthusiast forum how the world ranking in our own sport looks like, you get the idea.
By every regard I meant the fact that this trend is persistent on every skill level, whether its men, women, juniors, girls, cadet, it doesn't matter. I'm confident in my statement, that the chinese have a full dominance there, even though it might not be as transparent in the youth groups - they rarely ever send out young kids into early competition. They just suddenly "appear" in the top level.

On top of that, considering how the Super League looks like right now, in terms of quality of gameplay, I'd say even when cutting down their population by 50% they would still have the upper hand. Every second guy in the Super League can easily compete with Ovtcharov, Mizutani, Boll, Freitas or Samsonov.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
He speaks with this authoritative, knowledgeable air about him that I wonder what his table tennis credentials are. I do appreciate the subtitles, however. There is this treasure trove of table tennis information videos in foreign languages. So this youtuber gives me the illusion that I'm getting some kind of forbidden view into it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
While you're not wrong, I'm gonna explain my wording. By undeniable I meant the fact that they CONSTANTLY appear in the top 10 of the world, like no other nation. Most of the time representing a solid portion of the top 5 even - I don't think I have to explain on an enthusiast forum how the world ranking in our own sport looks like, you get the idea.
By every regard I meant the fact that this trend is persistent on every skill level, whether its men, women, juniors, girls, cadet, it doesn't matter. I'm confident in my statement, that the chinese have a full dominance there, even though it might not be as transparent in the youth groups - they rarely ever send out young kids into early competition. They just suddenly "appear" in the top level.

On top of that, considering how the Super League looks like right now, in terms of quality of gameplay, I'd say even when cutting down their population by 50% they would still have the upper hand. Every second guy in the Super League can easily compete with Ovtcharov, Mizutani, Boll, Freitas or Samsonov.

A lot of assumptions in here. Suds79's point is that there is an amazing amount of investment in the sport both in terms of financial and human capital. The top athletes in the rest of the world play soccer. In China, they can play table tennis. And you don't remember the ones that got injured as teenagers or kids along the way and had to drop out. ZJK would never had played table tennis if he was from Japan or the US - those thighs are built for base ball millionaires or soccer stars.