Michael Maze Blade

Is the Michael Maze off a good blade ? If it is what cheaper Bty blade can u compare it with?
Are there any cheaper brands that has a better blade than michael maze?:))

31704.jpg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Renz.

Maze is a great blade i used it for a long time. It has great feeling. I know many friends who use it including some world class players...

I remember i could get a lot of spin with it and power... It also has excellent control when touching the ball short to :)

I hope more Maze blade users can give you an insight into the blade.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

I love this blade! it plays very similar to the timo boll spirit (might be the same just different handle). many players who dont really like the square handle of the timo boll spirit go with the michael maze blade because it is rounded. it is for control loop OFF+ and goes great with tenergy 05 both sides

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I use the Michael Maze at the moment and it does have good control and touch. Having moved from a faster blade it's been difficult adjusting to the lower speed but it still has a good enough kick to it and great feeling. I don't really know which BTY blade it could be compared to though

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is the wood and ply construction of the Michael Maze:

Butterfly M. Maze: limba-arylate/carbon-limba-ayous-limba-arylate/carbon-limba

It should actually play different than the Timo Boll Spirit. Here is the ply contruction of the Timo Boll Spirit:

Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit: koto-arylate/carbon-limba-kiri-limb-arylate/carbon-koto

Koto as an outer ply is a little quicker than Limba so the Michael Maze should have a little more dwell time on short stuff. I am not sure what the difference between how Ayous and Kiri play as core plies. I do think Kiri is faster than Ayous but it also depends how thick those plies are. But they should feel sort of different as blades.

Here is the contruction of the Petr Korbel blade:

Butterfly Petr Korbel: limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba

If you took a Petr Korbel blade and you put Aryalate and Carbon between the outer Limba ply and the inner Limba ply, the construction of the wood cores is the same. The thickness of the plies would also change things so, the Primorac has the same plies as the Korbel but the Primorac is thinner and therefore slower.

I don't know that the Michael Maze feels like the Korbel or the Primorac but the wood is similar of the same kind. Hopefully this helps.

And, Oh yeah, the Michael Maze is a great blade.

Reactions: Denni
wow ur reviews make me want it more :) ,but sadly i am searching for a low cost racquet that may be a little slower or faster than the M.maze
BTW thx for ur feedbacks guys :)

Here is the wood and ply construction of the Michael Maze:

Butterfly M. Maze: limba-arylate/carbon-limba-ayous-limba-arylate/carbon-limba

It should actually play different than the Timo Boll Spirit. Here is the ply contruction of the Timo Boll Spirit:

Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit: koto-arylate/carbon-limba-kiri-limb-arylate/carbon-koto

Koto as an outer ply is a little quicker than Limba so the Michael Maze should have a little more dwell time on short stuff. I am not sure what the difference between how Ayous and Kiri play as core plies. I do think Kiri is faster than Ayous but it also depends how thick those plies are. But they should feel sort of different as blades.

Here is the contruction of the Petr Korbel blade:

Butterfly Petr Korbel: limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba

If you took a Petr Korbel blade and you put Aryalate and Carbon between the outer Limba ply and the inner Limba ply, the construction of the wood cores is the same. The thickness of the plies would also change things so, the Primorac has the same plies as the Korbel but the Primorac is thinner and therefore slower.

I don't know that the Michael Maze feels like the Korbel or the Primorac but the wood is similar of the same kind. Hopefully this helps.

And, Oh yeah, the Michael Maze is a great blade.

THIS is a great info. I think petr Korbel would be just fine,but i have 1 question.
Will the petr korbel do good with chinese rubber?
Is it controllable with the neo series? :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Butterfly's Peter Korbel is a good blade. Stiga Clipper has a little more snap and might be closer in speed to the Michael Maze blade though. Its plies are:

Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba

The way the Classic Clipper is made, it has the same kind of touch that one of those expensive Butterfly technology blades have and the same kind of speed. But it costs a lot less, and at least where I am, it even costs less than the Korbel. But both are a great choice for a blade that is very good and not too expensive. I personally like all wood blades. You get more feeling from them.

Avalox P-500 and Avalox P-700 are two other blades to look at.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I use M Maze blade and love it. Love the sweet spot.

I also like Boll Spirit - anything else for my game is just not the same.

If you are choosing a blade bear in mind it should last you through several sheets of rubber so it is worth the extra cost imo.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
THIS is a great info. I think petr Korbel would be just fine,but i have 1 question.
Will the petr korbel do good with chinese rubber?
Is it controllable with the neo series? :)

I think it feels good with DHS rubber. It really is a very good blade. A lot of control and touch. And good speed. The reason I like the Clipper better is, it has a little more speed, just as much control and dwell time, and a ton of feeling. But what Belisar says about how good the Michael Maze blade is, that is pretty true. The only blade I have felt that really compares with Butterfly's high tech blades like the Maze is the Stiga Clipper.

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I loved the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade it was awesome but since my one broke I have been using the Michael Maze one again and it has been going really well for me so no complaints at all. The Petr Korbel blade is a good solid blade. I used to use that one and also the Primorac off- ply blade back when I was a junior

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
In tennis most of the people will like to play with Maze Blade, I have used many different blades, the best among them as per my experience is Michael Maze Blade. It has good grip, which will be suitable for the most of the players.There are many more features exist in this blades, this is the reason why people prefer to use this blades.

You may want to try Galaxy's carbon blade- very light and only 15 pounds......Joola has some very affordable and good blades in the range of 30-60 pounds....
wow i wonder who updated this thread...
Btw is the Joola racquet ur talking about is the Joola flame extreme?

Hi Poltery, what I meant was: the Galaxy series has carbon blades ranging between 15- 20 quid- I have tried these blades and also blades like maze an boll spirit...these blades are amazing for the price....and they are extremely light...... I recent played with a galaxy carbon with hurricane 3s and it was lightning quick with great control........Also, I currently play with a moola flame extreme, very quick and good bade but only 40 odd quid.....bribar seems to have some good deals on these blades.

This user has no status.
maze is an excellent blade, bad not suitable for all kinds of rubbers including chinese rubbers. imho best setup for maze blade is tenergy 05. whereas with Timo Boll Spirit, i found that it plays well with DHS Hurricane 3 Neo and Skyline 3 Neo rubbers.

P.S. my tbs was recently bought from a guy from amoranto for just measly 1.5k good find. :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
maze is an excellent blade, bad not suitable for all kinds of rubbers including chinese rubbers. imho best setup for maze blade is tenergy 05. whereas with Timo Boll Spirit, i found that it plays well with DHS Hurricane 3 Neo and Skyline 3 Neo rubbers.

P.S. my tbs was recently bought from a guy from amoranto for just measly 1.5k good find. :p

maybe its a matter of preference, i also play with MMaze but i like it with chinese rubbers, i use H3 neo on FH and T05 on my BH, do you play at amoranto? a also play there