artengo glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hey guys!

I'm having a big problem!!
yesterday I put some normal glue (artengo waterbased glue.) on my rubber and blade.
waited about 6 minutes. then i put everything back together. and the next day there whas a giant bubble on my rubber (inside). so i roll it back to normal. after an hour there whas that same giant bubble there again!!

So please can someone help me!!!!!!

Thanks! gd-asset_24743045.jpg

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Sounds serious buddy. But you didn't tell us whether it's a new or old rubber. If it's old, I guess it's because the rubber has expended slightly in the middle. So when firsts glued on, there were no bubble. But after a while, it comes away from the blade, hence creating the bubble. Do you mind telling us what rubber is it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
it whas a old hurricane 3 rubber. i think i didn't apply enough glue on it because at the beginning i put too much glue on it so i remove some of it

sorry for my bad english.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Haha srry but its not that bad after all . i played today at school and i whas pretty amazed after i hit the ball for the first time. its like my slow rubber suddently changed into a faster rubber with MORE SPIN!!!! but only the down side is that bubble.:(

Mar 2011
Haha srry but its not that bad after all . i played today at school and i whas pretty amazed after i hit the ball for the first time. its like my slow rubber suddently changed into a faster rubber with MORE SPIN!!!! but only the down side is that bubble.:(

I know the bubble can be annoying. Usually, tournaments officials won't allow you to use that blade. I don't know buddy. Water base glue do leave residue on the rubbers and blades. You must remove all before applying a new layer. Ask Carl Horowitz, you can PM him. His pretty good at these sort of things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If it is a latex based glue you should be able to peel it all the way. Typically if there are air bubbles you should try regluing because otherwise the glue won't ever hold tightly. I don't know if they have this in belgium, but you should get Tear Mender. It's a great latex glue and is a bunch cheaper than other glues. Otherwise the best stuff is Rubber Cement. Basically Rubber Cement is only illegal with the VOC's in it, but if you leave your rubber out instead of in its case the VOC's evaporate and aren't detectable. Giving you a tournament ready paddle.

says Hi, no thanks, I've found a place where I can get one...
says Hi, no thanks, I've found a place where I can get one...
Jan 2012
ARTENGO is the WORST EVER water based glue. I mean really, it's not glue it's construction cement (or "Super Glue 3"). It ruins both blades and sponges when u try to remove it. I got one tube, tried it twice I guess & never touched it again. It sticks SO much that the glue residues (a whole layer actually) on the blade were impossible to remove, I had to use half bottle of acetone

There is NO point of using this glue, unless you want to stick both rubbers and blade for life