5Q sound power update

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
[FONT=&quot]Hi all.

Been looking at buying new rubbers and having done lots of swatting up on loads of reviews and read opinions on all sorts of rubbers, sponges, throw angles, spin etc etc.
I have convinced myself that the 5Q sound power update is hopefully gonna suit me and my game.

Was wandering if any of you have used them and in particular how well they cope with a controlled all round game close to the table.
I'm comfortable pushing, blocking, backhand looping and will attack anything remotely high enough on my forehand.

Not really into max speed, I prefer to feel in control but would like to gain a bit more spin on my serves than I am getting on my current rubbers Joola energy 325 soft.

Has anyone used the 5q sound power update and how do you like it? (or not as the case may be!)

Thank you.[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Not really into max speed, I prefer to feel in control but would like to gain a bit more spin on my serves than I am getting on my current rubbers Joola energy 325 soft.

Has anyone used the 5q sound power update and how do you like it? (or not as the case may be!)

Thank you.

5Q Sound (noone I know who tried both versions has felt the "update", so feel comfortable buying the "old" version if you find it cheaper) is a great rubber for allround and offensive play.

At 37.5 degrees it is - while still a soft rubber - considerably harder than your Joola.

You may want to look at Aurus Sound, which is right in the middle of the two in hardness and gives great spin and control.

But between them, go for the one that you find at a better price, they are both very good rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi Airoc
Thanks for your reply.

I was looking at the standard old 5Q sound to begin with but was concerned that it may well be phased out with the "power update" taking its place.
I didn't want to get used to a rubber and be happy with it only to find it discontinued. So thought the power update would be the best option.

I had also looked at the Aurus sound as it looks like the sponge hardness is slightly softer than 5q sound power update.
I had played with FX-P for a while and found them a wee bit too fast but not overly hard so hopefully the 37.5 sponge on the 5qs will be about right. Aurus is quoted at 35.0 and FX-P at 39.-41.

The balance was tipped in the favour of 5qs pu because it offered a noggin more control and spin (according to reviews, not manufactures figures).

Ultimately, I know it will all come down to my ability and technique (or lack of it !) but with the huge range of rubbers available it is nice to know I will be in the "ball park" of something suitable.

Fortunately for me I have a contact who can get me rubbers at a good discounted price through a main dealer which is why I am looking to change to a good quality rubber that hopefully has a long lifetime.!

Thanks once again for your reply, think I'm gonna go for the 5q sound power update as it looks like its here to stay and hopefully I will stick with it.

Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
At least it has already outlived the 1Q series, and I think the 5Q series is a good altogether more "tame" alternative to the Evolution series.

Which is pretty much what I was looking for.

Cheers.