Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals?

• Ma Long

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Kenta Matsudaira

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The prestigious World Tour Grand Finals sponsored by Seamaster begins on the 8th December and concludes on the 11th December. The Grand Finals is held in city of Doha, Qatar with a total prize money of $500,000. As the year comes to a close we get to look forward to the worlds best players battle it out $60,000 in the men's and women'[s singles!

The spectacular Grand Finals is fast approaching, we love this time of the year! Newly Olympic Champion Ma Long leads the Men's Singles Seedings.

Main Draw

Coming soon..

Live matches from the World Tour Grand Finals can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has qualified into the World Tour Grand Finals as as the #1 seed.

malonggrandfinals2016.jpg

Ma Long no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

Men's Singles Seeds

fanzhendongchinaopen2016.jpg

China's Fan Zhendong enters the Grand Finals as the #2 seed - Photo by ITTF Flickr

01) Ma Long
02) Fan Zhendong
03) Xu Xin
04) Jun Mizutani
05) Chuang Chih Yuan
06) Vladimir Samsonov
07) Wong Chun Ting
08) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
09) Yuto Muramatsu
10) Kenta Matsudaira
11) Chen Chien An
12) Jeoung Youngsik
13) Tang Peng
14) Yuya Oshima
15) Koki Niwa
16) Li Ping

Reserve players
17) Marcos Freitas
18) Tomas Konecny

Women Singles Seeds

dingningriochamp2016.jpg

Ding Ning enters the World Tour Grand Finals as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Ding Ning
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Zhu Yuling
04) Kasumi Ishikawa
05) Feng Tianwei
06) Tie Yana
07) Mima Ito
08) Cheng I Ching
09) Yang Haeun
10) Miu Hirano
11) Yuka Ishigaki
12) Han Ying
13) Lee Ho Ching
14) Yu Mengyu
15) Shan Xiaona
16) Hina Hayata

Reserve players
17) Hyowon Suh
18) Hitomi Sato
19) Jihee Jeon

Live matches from the World Tour Grand Finals can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

Here we go TT world! The race to Doha is on! The current worlds top 10 players are all in the men's singles draw taken from the November ITTF rankings. Will in form Fan Zhendong, the recent winner at the Men's World Cup maintain momentum and win the event? Can world number 1 Ma Long find his Rio Olympic form to win the tournament? Zhang Jike has had a ankle injury recently lets hope he can make an impact and bounce back. Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcahrov and Japan's Jun Mizutani will be looking to take out the Chinese. In the women's event Ding Ning leads the women's singles seedings, followed closely by Liu Shiwen.

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Other than Xu Xin, I can't see him beating the others unfortunately!

Can't beat Jike when he doesn't turn up! :cool:

I'm hoping Ma Long comes away with this one - will be interesting to see how hard the Chinese go at it when they play each other given that to them this event doesn't seem to be that important...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.

I'm hoping Ma Long comes away with this one - will be interesting to see how hard the Chinese go at it when they play each other given that to them this event doesn't seem to be that important...

Is Jike not turning up? Or are you just assuming he won't? :)

Either way he would beat Mizutani 99 times out of 100. I would view their h2h stats but ITTF website won't let me :)

I'd like to see ZJK win, but realistically it's gunna be ML or FZD.

Will be a good watch!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews

Still a lot of money (if they get to keep it)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Ok, I have a proposal.
There was one time when such a topic was with the question not like "Who do you think will win" but "Who do you want to win". For me the second type of question is much more fun. Because I think tha Ma Long or FZD will win, but I want Jun to show the world something tremendous and win..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
http://www.ittf.com/2016/12/01/foot-injury-forces-zhang-jike-withdraw-grand-finals/

You monster cursed it! :mad: :mad: ;) I guess it is just an excuse though he doesn't want to compete on stage this year anymore

Damn you :D....I didnt mean this .I wanted him to be in this grand final . really every one has missed him alot .

and timo boll has a good post in FB for Jike : https://www.facebook.com/timoboll/p....1480682824./1416957335004693/?type=3&theater

and I Guess he hasnt healed yet and he's got injury

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
German website mytischtennis.de reports that Liu Shiwen has been suspended by King Kong (Linghui) and has been scratched from the list because of missing the World Cup in the last minute.
http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/...rt--liu-shiwen-darf-nicht-zu-den-grand-finals
New list:

http://www.old.ittf.com/WorldTours/2016/22_WTGF2016/2016_WTGF_Confirmed_List_of_players_clean.pdf

If anybody has got more information on this it would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance.

Someone said it was likely a higher official unhappy that the World Cup was not won by China this year that forced this on the team.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Last edited: