Does boosting long pimples and pimple out rubbers improve performance?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi.I am new to the forum so here goes my first question. I am playing with the Yinhe neptune long pimples with 0.7mm sponge and I was wondering whether boosting the long pimples will improve the performance of this rubber. I heard boosting of the inverted rubber does really improve performance but does it work the same as the long pimples or any pimples out rubbers? What are the effects of boosting long pimples?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Ok thanks for the information. I guess i will not boost my long pimples afterall. I play a blocking game with the long pimples and attack aggressively against underspin. Is there a way that I can do to soften the sponge if the pimples so that during blocking I can get more control as the ball soaks right into the sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Read 10 reviews
I have tried long pimple syclla OX and friendship 755 OX rubber on my clipper cr for in table block. Found it harder to stick them onto my blade if i use voc glue e.g. haifu bluewhale instead of water based.Performance wise the extra speed and longer tranjectory make my block against loop significantly harder(maybe i have to adjust bat angle i am not too sure) .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I never tried the syclla ox but i have tried my friends 755 ox. What I cam say is that blocking loops against someone who is especially good with looping against underspin is really quite difficult. I used to play with the feint ox and its blocking was great as well as the 'knucle' against underspin. As many of my friends started to develop strong and spinnier forehand loops, I decided to switch to the Neptune 0.7mm to get more control. However after changing, blocking was even harder asthe trajectory was longer and it was more sensitive to spin. My aggressive knuckles also suffered. Hence I thought of trying to soften the sponge to gain back some control

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Read 10 reviews
Actually I had bought the neptune 0.7mm as well a few months ago but i havent tried it yet as my 755 OX is still serving me well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk