DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial Blue Sponge Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi everyone! Recently (about 2 months ago) I started using this rubber, previously I was using commercial Hurricane 3 Neo and it was working fairly good but I wanted to give this rubber a try since I've never used it before (I've just tried other people's rackets who use it). I use 2.15 thickness 41 degrees hardness and personally I think 41 is the softness anybody should use unless you are switching from a European rubber to hurricane, a softer version might help you adjust at first. Now, before I get started I do boost with Haifu Seamoon Booster (I'll talk about how later) and I personally would not recommend this rubber if you are not going to boost, and I don't recommend using a booster like Falco Tempo Long Booster for this rubber. If you are not someone who boosts, I would recommend just getting the commercial version and I will explain why later on. Now for the review, I ordered it from prott.cc and they just switched their website name to prott.vip for anyone interested. Now I'm going to talk about the procedure I use to boost Neo rubbers, with a new rubber I use two layers of Haifu booster then one layer of glue then one more layer of booster (this is a several day process of course) and then I put one layer of glue onto the blade and cut the rubber. When I first received the rubber, I actually put two layers of booster on to see how the rubber would be and feel, so after it was dry I practiced with it and to be honest the only difference I felt was it had a little more spin and power but also great control so I was happy but not happy enough. Then I added one more layer of the booster and it completely changed the rubber in a good way. It felt like what a forehand rubber should feel like, it was hard but not rock hard, and it was like a commercial hurricane but again, with more spin, more power, more control, and even better with serves and blocking. It was kind of the rubber I've been looking for for a while and finally found it. Now, I think if you are a beginner or even if you've never tried Chinese rubber it probably won't feel special to you, I would only recommend this to players who have used hurricane in the past and want a little bit of an upgrade. I have used hurricane my whole time playing so I could feel the difference but if you have never used hurricane I would highly recommend just to start of using commercial hurricane for at least a year or two because you won't feel much of a difference. But since I've used hurricane my whole time playing I was looking for an upgrade because I didn't like how the quality would slightly differ in each rubber. Two things that really stood out to me with this rubber is that it has the feeling I can "hold" the ball in my hand but I don't suffer any speed because I have good weight transfer which I believe is most important thing if you use Chinese rubber, is to have good weight transfer. Another thing I liked, is it has more "gears" then the commercial version. By that I mean if I want to spin the ball slow, I can and if I want to go for a big forehand power ball I can also (again, with correct technique). I still consider myself to be an intermediate player because I have played junior pro tours and have gotten crushed (I've also played a few good matches) so I'm not by any means a world class player. I do however train full time 5-7 hours a day so I hope I can give an accurate description of this rubber. One thing I'd like to point out, is that it can be prone to getting bubbles after about 3 or 4 weeks of everyday training so that it something to keep in mind. The quality and durability of this rubber is of course very good and so far the quality of the rubber do not seem to differ so much when you order new ones. If you have any questions or comments feel free just to speak your mind! I will be in cooperation with Dan and will post training videos soon so stay tuned!

PS- I feel like the commercial hurricane is in between a rubber like tenergy 05 and this rubber (which is why I think using commercial hurricane first is the best idea). I think commercial hurricane is slightly faster and a little bit softer but it's a good rubber to start of with and learn good technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi everyone! Recently (about 2 months ago) I started using this rubber, previously I was using commercial Hurricane 3 Neo and it was working fairly good but I wanted to give this rubber a try since I've never used it before (I've just tried other people's rackets who use it). I use 2.15 thickness 41 degrees hardness and personally I think 41 is the softness anybody should use unless you are switching from a European rubber to hurricane, a softer version might help you adjust at first. Now, before I get started I do boost with Haifu Seamoon Booster (I'll talk about how later) and I personally would not recommend this rubber if you are not going to boost, and I don't recommend using a booster like Falco Tempo Long Booster for this rubber. If you are not someone who boosts, I would recommend just getting the commercial version and I will explain why later on. Now for the review, I ordered it from prott.cc and they just switched their website name to prott.vip for anyone interested. Now I'm going to talk about the procedure I use to boost Neo rubbers, with a new rubber I use two layers of Haifu booster then one layer of glue then one more layer of booster (this is a several day process of course) and then I put one layer of glue onto the blade and cut the rubber. When I first received the rubber, I actually put two layers of booster on to see how the rubber would be and feel, so after it was dry I practiced with it and to be honest the only difference I felt was it had a little more spin and power but also great control so I was happy but not happy enough. Then I added one more layer of the booster and it completely changed the rubber in a good way. It felt like what a forehand rubber should feel like, it was hard but not rock hard, and it was like a commercial hurricane but again, with more spin, more power, more control, and even better with serves and blocking. It was kind of the rubber I've been looking for for a while and finally found it. Now, I think if you are a beginner or even if you've never tried Chinese rubber it probably won't feel special to you, I would only recommend this to players who have used hurricane in the past and want a little bit of an upgrade. I have used hurricane my whole time playing so I could feel the difference but if you have never used hurricane I would highly recommend just to start of using commercial hurricane for at least a year or two because you won't feel much of a difference. But since I've used hurricane my whole time playing I was looking for an upgrade because I didn't like how the quality would slightly differ in each rubber. Two things that really stood out to me with this rubber is that it has the feeling I can "hold" the ball in my hand but I don't suffer any speed because I have good weight transfer which I believe is most important thing if you use Chinese rubber, is to have good weight transfer. Another thing I liked, is it has more "gears" then the commercial version. By that I mean if I want to spin the ball slow, I can and if I want to go for a big forehand power ball I can also (again, with correct technique). I still consider myself to be an intermediate player because I have played junior pro tours and have gotten crushed (I've also played a few good matches) so I'm not by any means a world class player. I do however train full time 5-7 hours a day so I hope I can give an accurate description of this rubber. One thing I'd like to point out, is that it can be prone to getting bubbles after about 3 or 4 weeks of everyday training so that it something to keep in mind. The quality and durability of this rubber is of course very good and so far the quality of the rubber do not seem to differ so much when you order new ones. If you have any questions or comments feel free just to speak your mind! I will be in cooperation with Dan and will post training videos soon so stay tuned!

PS- I feel like the commercial hurricane is in between a rubber like tenergy 05 and this rubber (which is why I think using commercial hurricane first is the best idea). I think commercial hurricane is slightly faster and a little bit softer but it's a good rubber to start of with and learn good technique.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this with us, Keenan.
Nice review. I think this is on point. Couldn't agree more.
I've played the Nittaku H3 Version before i switched to the H3N National and use my Provincial H3 mostly for multiball and robot usage and have made pretty much the same observations.
[Emoji2]
Good One.
[Emoji106]

Last edited:
Reactions: keenansouthall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Thanks for sharing this with us, Keenan.
Nice review. I think this is on point. Couldn't agree more.
I've played the Nittaku H3 Version before i switched to the H3N National and use my Provincial H3 mostly for multiball and robot usage and have made pretty much the same observations.
[Emoji2]
Good One.
[Emoji106]

Glad you liked it [emoji2] what's the nittaku version like? I've never tried it before, but I'm happy with this rubber [emoji6]

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, the sponge is a bit softer and a little more lively and it still had/has the old topsheet without the ITTF numbers on it. But it's way too soft to be boosted.
IMG_20161203_004712.jpg
I like Nittaku's QC though.
Bought two rubbers and they were pretty much the same. Some say in terms of quality it's close to a provincial, but i can not really comment on that, since i've played the Nittaku H3 and not Nittaku H3N.
I think one day i should give Nittaku H3N a shot though, since it's almost half price as H3N provincial.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenansouthall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

When you boosted the H3 neo, did you remove the layer of glue/booster ?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
When you boosted the H3 neo, did you remove the layer of glue/booster ?
From what I've seen, dhs confirmed that the glue layer is so that you can just glue the rubber on and play. They say that no dhs rubber is boosted from the factory. You can remove the glue and put a fresh layer on it. But always have a layer on before gluing. Whether you use the factory glue or your glue, it's up to you.