Stiga Rosewood NCT VII Blade Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi everyone, I am currently using this blade and wanted to make a review on it. I've been using this blade for about 8 months and mine weighs somewhere between 94-98 grams and I use the Flare handle version (very nice handle BTW). The reason I switched to this blade was my previous blade was a little too heavy and I also wanted a little more spin without sacrificing speed. Now, I really like this blade and plan to use it for a while. This is blade is not too fast and not too slow but what I really like about it, is that if you want it to be fast it can be, and also can be "slow" (controllable) if you need it to be, of course this is with good technique. One reason I think this blade is unique is it has a certain kind of "poppy" feel to it and it doesn't feel like you're hitting with a brick or a piece of styrofoam. Going back to what I said previously, this blade has a good amount of "gears" to it and can be good for a range of certain playing styles. It blocks very well and gives good feedback to your hand. It loops well whether you want to spin or go for a powerball (don't forget about correct technique!). Serve and serve return and also short game are very good with this blade if you know what you're doing. It is very controllable especially for serves and this is something that's important to me as my serve is something I practice a lot. One of the biggest reasons I like this blade is it works well with Chinese rubbers AND euro/jap rubbers and this can be hard to find in a blade. I use Hurricane 3 Neo on my forehand and Tenergy 05 on my backhand and both rubbers work very well. I have also tried Tenergy 05fx on my backhand and it felt just as good. Initially this blade may seem fast it you are not used to a blade like this, but you will get used to it and it has a very good amount of control if you know what you are doing. Another thing I like about this blade (this is a little hard to understand) is that if you the edge of the blade on the table, it kind of neatly chips away due to the hard rosewood top play rather then just completely mushing the wood. I think this is an underused blade and if you are looking for a wooden blade but maybe an upgrade to what you are using, this could be a blade for you to check out. Hope you enjoyed my review and please feel free to comment or ask any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I do not know all the new information unfortunately. Friendly, I want to recommend you my favorite website read more here, where you can quickly select and buy a gift for your relatives. Wishing you a happy New Year!

This user has no status.
i have been using Rosewood NCT VII past 5 years before changing to Intensity NCT carbon. Mine weighs 85g and total weight of 170g with both sides rubbers on. Quite a powerful and ''all round'' wooden blade, easy to control and place the ball on different corner of the table, also powerful weapon for looping and attacking. Rather stiff with somewhat slightly short dwell time. On other words, nothing too outstanding about this blade, rather weak from middle or distant table, definitely need to perform correct, complete swing for good strokes. The smashing isn't really deadly, throwing angle medium high and not quite easy to execute with a single shot. It's more powerful than intensity NCT carbon, but somehow intensity allows more power to be imparted when contacting with ball and the play is more controllable with somehow slightly odd throwing angle. Generally a good blade, especially for more advanced player. Given the context and colour design, definitely worth the price. And i i'm still switching among my blades..