Forehand Rubber Confusion :\

This user has no status.
Hey everyone
I've been using TIBHAR Evolution FX-P on my forehand for a couple months and going to change it in the coming week.
Love it's control. literally I can block everything or place a controlled spinny loop anywhere I want. Problem is when I want to open a third ball with high backspin or opening on a short backspin serve because of it's low arc.

Almost forgot to mention that I rarely try to win the point with a power loop or drive. mostly try to block, counter loop or a spinny controlled loops so I'm not gonna need much higher speed. Maybe something a bit harder with same speed and control would do the job. Been considering evolution EL-P or Donic Acuda P1
Many thanks :))

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
EL-P is a fantastic rubber and works well for the use cases you mentioned. However, it is unlikely that it will resolve your issue. If you struggle to open against heavy backspin with FX-P, you probably don't generate high enough racket speed to overcome the incoming spin. So probably the best solution is to film yourself and assess your stroke mechanics.

This user has no status.
Imho, Blocking ang looping demand opposite kind of rubber, Flextra vs H3, so

Asking for a rubber that good for both shall got you a compromise of both, an allrounder rubber. ;)

Bluefire JP 3?

Sent from my S5E using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Fx-p should be easier to open up with how soft it is, so it's probably a technical issue and not rubber related.

FX-P surely makes opening up easier than EL-P. Most players even prefer softer rubbers to harder ones because the harder the rubber, the more you have to "work". If the technique is good, you can theoretically produce more spin with a harder rubber, but like it´s been said I´d look to improve the stroke, not change the rubber.

This user has no status.
EL-P is a fantastic rubber and works well for the use cases you mentioned. However, it is unlikely that it will resolve your issue. If you struggle to open against heavy backspin with FX-P, you probably don't generate high enough racket speed to overcome the incoming spin. So probably the best solution is to film yourself and assess your stroke mechanics.

Fx-p should be easier to open up with how soft it is, so it's probably a technical issue and not rubber related.

FX-P surely makes opening up easier than EL-P. Most players even prefer softer rubbers to harder ones because the harder the rubber, the more you have to "work". If the technique is good, you can theoretically produce more spin with a harder rubber, but like it´s been said I´d look to improve the stroke, not change the rubber.

Before moving to this FX-P I've been using donic bluefire jp01, much harder rubber with a way higher throw angle and more speed, but switched it due to lack of control.
maybe I raised a wrong question here, It's not that I cant open on high backspin, sometimes I'm forced to open up my bat angle too much that feels awkward for me, which I didn't need to do so in the bluefire era.

just to mention that I've been using m current FX-P for like 6-7 months and 6-9 hrs a week training. top sheet still looks fine and grippy, but I feel it's slower than it used to be.
maybe i'm still wrong about switching the rubber, but I really think something a bit stiffer and slightly higher speed will improve my game, or just going for a brand new FX-P

This user has no status.
If the topsheet is fine but the rubber feels slower, you can try to boost it: it will make the sponge lively. There were many threads here about boosting, just a note: for a FX-P you may need one superthin layer as it is quite soft already.

Boosters are quite expensive in Iran and I just feel bad about breaking some rules, although no one would know if I do so but....
So as boosting isn't an option for me, do you recommend going for a new FX-P or switching to EL-P? ??

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Have you considered FX-S? Bit less bouncy than FX-P, a little harder, good speed, excellent spin.

I really thought abt it and did some research on the net, but everywhere I saw that everyone are using it on BH and it just scared me a bit that it wont be good enough as a FH rubber
Do you recommend it over EL-P?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I really thought abt it and did some research on the net, but everywhere I saw that everyone are using it on BH and it just scared me a bit that it wont be good enough as a FH rubber
Do you recommend it over EL-P?

Well, many people use FX-P and EL-P on backhand also when they use MX-P on forehand.

EL-P is the most direct of all Evolutions, as it has a stiffer topsheet.