Fastest tacky nonboosted rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Hi and Marry X-mas,

we have a month league break and I am again searching for a tacky hybrid, I do not want to boost, I liked the spin and endurance of tacky rubbers.

I have tried:
Tau - insane spin but hard to play topspins, very hard sponge - boosted better to play = softer but I hate boosting and over/underboost, no boosting!
SpinArt - useless for me, after boosting quite quick but little spin with my technique
Rising Dragon - average
TopenergySoft - miserable quality, topsheet started to spread from foam after one training!!
H3 Neo - a disaster, original dead Chinese rubbers are probably nothing for me.

Blades which I will use:
Persson Power Carbon - my standard blade
Mazunov Off+ - I thought it might be good due to catapult and power it has - tacky rubbers miss that mostly.

I am considering:
Vega China - should be similar to Tau but more playable due to a slightly softer sponge
VS402 - victas has an interesting rubber here with good reviews

Any other suggestions?
There are some exotic ones - target national, k1, k1plus, BigDipper, etc.

Best regards, Milan

Reactions: phamster and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I dont see a huge difference between red and black, my red got more kick than black somehow but I think thats due to factory. I also had the Genesis M right after H8 and I think its a great rubber, H8 is more close to the Chinese style and Genesis M is more leaning to euro tensor rubber. My impression is that H8 is easier to loop heavy underspin and more control heavy spin shots, you really need some good body and footwork to get that power and speed. Genesis is more balanced as it excel in speed and spin, it is also pretty good at controlling.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
I got my old sheet of Tau again, it is one year old and has just "broken in":D It is easier to play as when brand new and still can pick the ball up for 2-3 seconds. I will give it a try and see...

I happen to have genesis M as well but for me this rubber went wrong - it should have the best of both worlds but in fact it is a compromise - being average in every aspect with my technique.

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D