Hi from Cairns, Australia

This user has no status.
Hey TTD people.

I'm new to this forum. I've been around and about this website plenty of times and signed up two years ago but never engaged up until now.
Glad to be part of this community as I am completely obsessed with Table Tennis.
I was born and bred in the Netherlands and moved to Australia in 2006.
It's hard to find people of my age with the same interest in a smaller town such as Cairns or even a practice partner around my level.
I sort of played for fun when I was younger plenty of times but never actually played properly until about 3 years ago when I was 28 years old and joined the local club.
Im a shakehand player and prefer the faster shorter game.
I'm training to become physically fitter and mentally stronger and am addicted to the competitive side of the sport.
Lovely to meet you all. I will check out all the other threads and awesome info on this website.
Feel free to drop me a message.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Welcome to TTD Sherrieh, glad you've found a local club and practicing hard. Looking forward to your posts.

I have family in Australia and really want to visit them. Maybe we can hang out in Aus one day!

Sounds great Dan. Maybe you could come visit Cairns. We have lots if awesome players and we also live in paradise.

This user has no status.
I'm a one-year lurker on TTD and only a recent poster. I went to Cairns in 1996 to see the Mountain Bike World Championships, and yes, the place is awesome. Might drag the family there for a vacation, one of these years.

Yea that's right. The smithfield track is very popular around the world. Make sure you pop into the Centre and maybe we could have a hit together when you decide to come visit.

Reactions: hangdog