Out of this world backhand by Stephane Ouaiche!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Just when you think you have seen the top 10 craziest shots of 2016, think again! Stephane Ouaiche met Marcos Freitas in the Champions League and pulled off one of the most ridiculous table tennis shots we have ever seen! Not only was it an incredible shot, the rally was absolutely phenomenal with a brilliant chop!

See for yourself below!

See TableTennisDaily's top 10 craziest table tennis shots of 2016 here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NL is not full of the xmas spirit.

I just assumed (wrongly) that since it was Ouaiche, he ran back without being forced back to play that kind of stuff. I would rather that he lost that point trying to counter Freitas's backhand down the line back to Freitas's forehand but I can't have it all. He is who he is. The chopping and the other stuff, I can do without too. I am who I am.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I just assumed (wrongly) that since it was Ouaiche, he ran back without being forced back to play that kind of stuff. I would rather that he lost that point trying to counter Freitas's backhand down the line back to Freitas's forehand but I can't have it all. He is who he is. The chopping and the other stuff, I can do without too. I am who I am.

The man just loves playing from the car park. IS THAT SO WRONG? :D

He's more of an entertainer than a sportsman. The new Eddie the Eagle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The man just loves playing from the car park. IS THAT SO WRONG? :D

He's more of an entertainer than a sportsman. The new Eddie the Eagle.

Why leave TT when Patrick Chila and Adrien Mattenet and lots of other Frenchmen still play?

Xu Xin is entertaining. Ouaiche is a sinner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Why leave TT when Patrick Chila and Adrien Mattenet and lots of other Frenchmen still play?

Xu Xin is entertaining. Ouaiche is a sinner.

You're just jealous because he sometimes stands more than 10cm away from the edge of the table. An impossible dream for the likes of us, but something to be celebrated rather than excommunicated.

He's the future. If Lebesson can win the Euros, Ouaiche can be president of the US.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i am not so impressed by the last BH, it is a nice way to win the point but i am way more impressed by all the difficult lobbing left and right with a lot of travelling, without losing his balance, by the defense chop in the middle of the rally. its not easy at all to get the right touch after so many attacking or lobbing shots and a fast bat and rubbers.

but BH smash is also one of my "signature" shots, on a high ball or if i am very confident, i like to try it, it is always a bit spectacular because its a bit unusual and most of the time one can hit a FH instead. the key to make a good BH flat hit / smash is to keep the same wrist angle and lock the bat with the wrist, use the full arm to swing and firm the wrist upon impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You're just jealous because he sometimes stands more than 10cm away from the edge of the table. An impossible dream for the likes of us, but something to be celebrated rather than excommunicated.

He's the future. If Lebesson can win the Euros, Ouaiche can be president of the US.
Let me play the Grinch in another way - if he won the match 3-0 playing that way, then I am impressed. Otherwise, it is just another random highlight that we all ooh and ahh at that will be as remembered as Patrick Chila is in a few years.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i am not so impressed by the last BH, it is a nice way to win the point but i am way more impressed by all the difficult lobbing left and right with a lot of travelling, without losing his balance, by the defense chop in the middle of the rally. its not easy at all to get the right touch after so many attacking or lobbing shots and a fast bat and rubbers.

but BH smash is also one of my "signature" shots, on a high ball or if i am very confident, i like to try it, it is always a bit spectacular because its a bit unusual and most of the time one can hit a FH instead. the key to make a good BH flat hit / smash is to keep the same wrist angle and lock the bat with the wrist, use the full arm to swing and firm the wrist upon impact.

Watch the arc on the ball. That is not a flat hit. That is a loop. Also, it is hit vs heavy backspin. Not a flat hit. No flat hit has that much curve on the ball either.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
its difficult to tell the amount of spin on Freitas last ball, its difficult to judge that for any ball on TV especially with only one angle, but based on my feeling only, we see Ouaiche chopping hard the ball before, and it looks like Freitas, at the end of this long rally is playing his last ball rather conservatively. After pushing a long ball from a chop, its frequent that the ball pops up a little and becomes no or little spin

I think thats what happened and Freitas perhaps did not expect Ouaiche to come back from far back to hit such a ball. Yes Ouaiche is hitting the ball with some spin, but its more a flat hit than a topspin to me on that last ball

Reactions: massa and NextLevel