Ma Long defeated by Kishikawa 3-0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
does anyone know what actually happened to him? he seemed to be quite strong with decent but inconsistent performances (attc 2009, japan open 2011, olympic games 2012) and then stopped doing any good.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
I've watched a lot of ML. It's amazing to see him back in 2009 compared to now. You can see back then that there is hesitation in his footwork that loses him that half second of anticipation. Little extra steps and pauses that he has completely removed from his game now.

Last edited:
Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
http://old.ittf.com/_front_page/itt...1&Category=&Competition_ID=&Player_ID=104675&

Interesting... He even beat JM in the Japan Open 2011.... His WR back then is 17. His last updated ranking 103 from March 2016. He's been in the 10s-30s in ranking since 2010 til he dropped to 46 in March 2015, then dropping to 92 in November and 100 in December...

He even beat Kenta Matsudaira 4-2 in the QF of last year's All Japan, then eventually losing to Mizutani 4-0 in the Semis. He seemed to have began to decline last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
http://old.ittf.com/_front_page/itt...1&Category=&Competition_ID=&Player_ID=104675&

Interesting... He even beat JM in the Japan Open 2011.... His WR back then is 17. His last updated ranking 103 from March 2016. He's been in the 10s-30s in ranking since 2010 til he dropped to 46 in March 2015, then dropping to 92 in November and 100 in December...

He even beat Kenta Matsudaira 4-2 in the QF of last year's All Japan, then eventually losing to Mizutani 4-0 in the Semis. He seemed to have began to decline last year.

http://tabletennista.com/2014/4/seiya-kishikawa-repeated-weak-performance/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Found the results of the 2009 Asian Championship in Team. That was a close call for China.

1) XX lose to Kenta 1:3
2) ZJK beat Jun 3:1
3) ML lose to Kishikawa 0:3
4) XX beat Jun 3:2
5) ZJK beat Kenta 3:0

After ML lose the third, China was in deep trouble trailing 1:2 in score and on the edge of defeat when XX was 7:10 down in the decider of the fourth against Jun. Miraculously XX comeback and won it 15:13. Then ZJK close the fifth in a perfect manner of 3:0.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Found the results of the 2009 Asian Championship in Team. That was a close call for China.

1) XX lose to Kenta 1:3
2) ZJK beat Jun 3:1
3) ML lose to Kishikawa 0:3
4) XX beat Jun 3:2
5) ZJK beat Kenta 3:0

After ML lose the third, China was in deep trouble trailing 1:2 in score and on the edge of defeat when XX was 7:10 down in the decider of the fourth against Jun. Miraculously XX comeback and won it 15:13. Then ZJK close the fifth in a perfect manner of 3:0.

Very interesting. I didn't realize that China was so close to defeat on that occasion. I know that Ma Long won the singles title at this tournament, beating ZJK 4-2 in the final (very entertaining match). Do you remember if the singles took place before or after the team event?

Reactions: Suga D and TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Very interesting. I didn't realize that China was so close to defeat on that occasion. I know that Ma Long won the singles title at this tournament, beating ZJK 4-2 in the final (very entertaining match). Do you remember if the singles took place before or after the team event?

wow
I didnt knew these results. Kinda shows that the chinese were experimenting with youngsters at that period, they also made the transition phase next year with no veterans in the women's team.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews

Single was after Team as usual. I believe Olympics deliberately change the order to try upsetting China in Team event after either one of the player lose in Single Final. Dirty move I must say. I really want to see Single at the end so the two players can battle it all out without reserve and no worries about the later Team event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D