rubber shopping and stock

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hi guys I want to know where is the cheapest online store to buy butterfly products in germany?. If I buy a rubber and stock for a year or more before I start to use, It will lose quality?

thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
If you don't want to end up buying from eBay then there is only ONE legitimate source where you can order Butterfly products online:
www.butterfly.tt
Some smaller shops might have some leftovers from old Butterfly gear, but since Butterfly has some very strict sales restrictions the TT-shops are only allowed to sell Butterfly rubbers offline in their TT-stores.
To your second part of the question:
building a large stock doesn't make a lot of sense from my point of view.
Firstly the rubbers aren't vacuum sealed so it's pretty likely there will be some oxidation process.
Secondly i know from a shop owner i know that Butterfly doesn't give any big discounts, even if you order in bulk like twenty or thirty rubbers.
So many shop owners just sell Butterfly rubbers just to satisfy their customers, and they don't make as much profit than from most other TT-companies.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Suga D has given all the important answers.

I will explain what Suga D means by Rubber Oxidization: when a rubber sits around for a while the rubber degrades. So if you bought enough Tenergy to last a few years, the ones that you open a few years from now would be worse than they would have been if you opened them when you bought them.

I will explain what Suga D means by Butterfly sales restrictions: if you see Tenergy being sold for a reasonable price, chances are it is fake. Because if a seller is selling it for a 20% discount, they are not making any money and if the discount is larger than that, they are losing money.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
If you don't want to end up buying from eBay then there is only ONE legitimate source where you can order Butterfly products online:
www.butterfly.tt
Some smaller shops might have some leftovers from old Butterfly gear, but since Butterfly has some very strict sales restrictions the TT-shops are only allowed to sell Butterfly rubbers offline in their TT-stores.
To your second part of the question:
building a large stock doesn't make a lot of sense from my point of view.
Firstly the rubbers aren't vacuum sealed so it's pretty likely there will be some oxidation process.
Secondly i know from a shop owner i know that Butterfly doesn't give any big discounts, even if you order in bulk like twenty or thirty rubbers.
So many shop owners just sell Butterfly rubbers just to satisfy their customers, and they don't make as much profit than from most other TT-companies.
Thanks

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Suga D has given all the important answers.

I will explain what Suga D means by Rubber Oxidization: when a rubber sits around for a while the rubber degrades. So if you bought enough Tenergy to last a few years, the ones that you open a few years from now would be worse than they would have been if you opened them when you bought them.

I will explain what Suga D means by Butterfly sales restrictions: if you see Tenergy being sold for a reasonable price, chances are it is fake. Because if a seller is selling it for a 20% discount, they are not making any money and if the discount is larger than that, they are losing money.

Thanks. I am asking because in my country these rubbers are more expensive so I buy when I travel to europe. Do you think That 6 months is a long time to stock rubbers?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Do you think That 6 months is a long time to stock rubbers?

That should be ok. With many Butterfly products the storage period shouldn´t be too long, so the products wouldn´t be sitting on the shelf for long already ... And the degradation will be more theoretical than actually noticeable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I MO, unless you are leaving the rubbers in the freezer or in the sun, 95% of amateur players will play well with old rubbers that have been reasonably stored. They can't be worse than the used 1 year old Tenergy I can still play with.

Exactly.

There are shops around here that I wouldn´t buy "exotic" rubbers from, rubbers that were introduced several years ago but never caught on. In those cases it´s almost guaranteed to receive the initial stock from several years ago. But generally, not a big problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks. Their price is decent at current exchange rates. I just wiped out their stock.

Is there a super EJ button?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Hahaha... I will give you the blade to play with. And then you will tell me whether I am an EJ or have just discovered something special. It won't last but it will be good while it lasted. LOL.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hahaha... I will give you the blade to play with. And then you will tell me whether I am an EJ or have just discovered something special. It won't last but it will be good while it lasted. LOL.

The important questions are:

1) how much fun do you have trying different equipment?

2) how much fun do you have coming up with new theories of what will help your game most?

and

3) how many blades and rubbers have you tried in the last 6 months.

I say the Super EJ Award goes to NextLevel. He has taken the art of EJing to a totally different level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The important questions are:

1) how much fun do you have trying different equipment?

2) how much fun do you have coming up with new theories of what will help your game most?

and

3) how many blades and rubbers have you tried in the last 6 months.

I say the Super EJ Award goes to NextLevel. He has taken the art of EJing to a totally different level.

Not that much fun. I thought I was happy with T80 and only tried Nexy Karis because of the hype. Nexy Karis totally changed my brain when it came to rubbers. I used to think I needed the spinniest rubber, but now my technique has improved enough that I need a consistent rubber that I can rally with and open with. It makes no sense to be losing points just because you can't control your rubber. I started seeing with Karis how many points I was losing because my brain didn't understand Tenergy. Trust me, if I had a choice between Tenergy and Mark V now, I could see myself using Mark V. I now understand what a 2200 player who used Mark V meant when I asked him why he used it on his forehand and he said that he understood it and knew what it was going to do and he couldn't say that about anything else. A point comes when you want that in your technique above all else. As Nexy Prez would say, you don't want "unpredictable ball movement."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

Just an idea: a robot that tracks changes of equipment in the forum member's profiles. The one who gets the most changes during the year gets the "Epic EJ" award at the end of the year with a symbolic prize.

Reactions: Suga D