VIDEO: Me and my team mate in a tournament at the weekend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi guys,

Here are two videos (there are more to come but these are the only two I have uploaded so far) from a national competition we played in over the weekend.

I am Adam and my team mate was Sam. It was a team event for teams of 2 players.

In the two videos I played against a good standard veteran (I am in the blue and black butterfly shirt)

Sam played against someone who is ranked in the top 60 senior mens in the UK.

Let me know what you think, both to the video quality and our playing. I used very basic editing movie software, which is why the videos are a bit jerky, but despite that I'm quite happy with how they look!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I like your style all around. I think you need to be a bit lower when chopping. Sometimes to high which is causing the ball to fly off.

I like your serves good variety.

I agree I do need to get lower. Unfortunately against this opponent I was playing against little spin.

I could also do to spin the ball more on my forehand. I tend to fish too much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
You did a pretty good job attacking the weaker spins, and you got back some of his good topspins.

The serve at 4:18 was so good that I knew a 3rd ball is coming before he even touched it. Good stuff.

I can't give any advice, but those are some good things I noticed. Do post more videos.

Thank you. Usually I try to loop more, but I have a shoulder injury which is preventing me from going 'all out' with forehands.
Spin, chop, spin is my usual game.

Thank you for your comments :) I will post more videos :)

says what [IMG]
Thank you. Usually I try to loop more, but I have a shoulder injury which is preventing me from going 'all out' with forehands.
Spin, chop, spin is my usual game.

Thank you for your comments :) I will post more videos :)

I'm only a low unranked beginner myself, so I can't say much, but I also sustained some arm and shoulder injuries recently.

I've got so fed-up with even the idea of a technique-induced injury, so my main focus is better arm mechanics, and especially using more body instead of arm. It's really difficult indeed, to swing from the hip and not from the shoulder, but I'm making tiny bits of progress every day.

How did you sustain yours? Was it technique related or something else?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I'm only a low unranked beginner myself, so I can't say much, but I also sustained some arm and shoulder injuries recently.

I've got so fed-up with even the idea of a technique-induced injury, so my main focus is better arm mechanics, and especially using more body instead of arm. It's really difficult indeed, to swing from the hip and not from the shoulder, but I'm making tiny bits of progress every day.

How did you sustain yours? Was it technique related or something else?

Almost positive it's posture/technique related my injury. I'm 6ft 5' so I get a lot of back aches and pains after playing, but that's posture related too I think.