high quality blade recommended

This user has no status.
Timothy bill ayy el cee second hand. But be warned you might not like how good it is, it will single handedly make some shots that are a little bad become much better with its sweet spot and control. But at the expense of feel which might slow your progress. If you want a very good blade but with all wood feel hurricane long 3 or clipper wood are my faves I've played with

Reactions: Ahmad Arnous
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 2 reviews
Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus.
-Excellent for blocking and flat hitting.
-Has varying speeds, slow when passive and fast when active.
-Can loop close to mid distance.
-Good finish.
-Excellent feel and control. (It's like your hitting with your hand, you can feel everything. Especially if you're a penholder.)
-Superlight (65g)

This user has no status.
Stiga infinity is a very good blade but bad quality. Ovtcharov True Carbon is better than TB ALC and plays quite similar to the Viscaria. Maybe a bit slower but with better control. One of the best Carbon blades. If you want a comtrolled carbon blade you should try Donic Waldner Senso Carbon. All Wood Clipper CR is nice but there are so many good blades. Maybe you can try the Xiom Offensive S. Plays similar to butterfly korbel.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ahmad, based on how you described what you do well and what you do not do well, here are some blades that would be good for you--listed in no particular order:

1) Yasaka Sweden Extra
2) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
3) Stiga Allround Evolution
4) Stiga Offensive Classic
5) Nittaku Acoustic
6) OSP Virtuoso
7) OSP Virtuoso Plus
8) Butterfly Primorac Off-
9) Butterfly Petr Korbel
10) Stiga Rosewood V NCT

The Stiga Infinity is actually a good blade as well. When the blade first came out, there were some issues with production and gluing and many of them delaminated and the plies separated because the glue did not adhere properly. But now the production seems okay.

But I would recommend any of the ones on my list over the Infinity.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I wonder why Carl mentioned Rosewood. That one should be no joke.

Not too fast but pretty fast. Excellent feeling. Any level player can really use that blade. That, the Rosewood XO and the Stiga Clipper, to me, to my way of looking at things, are Stiga's best products. It being a 5 ply blade and having that much power and control makes it special.

I did not want to load the list with too many high priced blades. And I think Ahmad is better off with a 5 ply than a 7 ply blade.

So with the Nittaku and OSP blades being fairly expensive, and the rest of the list being blades that are fairly affordable, I felt my list had one more spot for a fancy, expensive blade. And that was the Rosewood V NCT. [emoji2]

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
Not too fast but pretty fast. Excellent feeling. Any level player can really use that blade. That, the Rosewood XO and the Stiga Clipper, to me, to my way of looking at things, are Stiga's best products. It being a 5 ply blade and having that much power and control makes it special.

I did not want to load the list with too many high priced blades. And I think Ahmad is better off with a 5 ply than a 7 ply blade.

So with the Nittaku and OSP blades being fairly expensive, and the rest of the list being blades that are fairly affordable, I felt my list had one more spot for a fancy, expensive blade. And that was the Rosewood V NCT. [emoji2]

i'm interesting in intencity nct (not carbon version) is it good choice ?? :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I have only tried a few newer blades but really have enjoyed the tibhar Stratus power wood. Just a good feeling blade.

I have a donic waldner senso carbon but don't enjoy it and have tried an andro treiber z which is a bit fast for how I play. The Andro treiber k looks like a pretty nice blade though.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I have hit with one. To me, it wasn't something I really liked. But what it felt like is vague in my memory. It played okay. It did everything I asked it to. It wasn't too slow or too fast. To me the one I tried actually felt a little like what I don't like about Butterfly all wood blades. A bit like furniture; like the leg of a chair. But some people clearly like that.

And the one that was made for Xu Xin and rejected, that was a different story. If it wasn't penhold I would I would have wanted that blade.

This user has no status.

I have used the Stiga Exclusive which is a shake hand blade designed to be like Xu Xin's Intensity (no surface treatment and larger face). For a 5 ply all wood blade, it is very solid and very fast. It works extremely well with Hurricane 3 rubber if you are a looper with a full brush stroke. It was my favorite blade until my curiosity got the better of me.

I wondered why Carl was using a Virtuoso, and now I know.