Tables and Table Care

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Hi Everyone - I wanted to get your advice and thoughts on a table issue...I got a brand new Cornilleau 740 competition table, and upon careful inspection, noticed what looked like tiny micro scratches in one area of the surface....:eek: I am not sure if this was caused by me (I used a very soft, wet cloth dipped in lukewarm water to wipe the surface before first use) or if this was from the factory. My question is this, is there a way to get rid of these micro scratches (they are tiny, and not 'deep' into the surface) or should I just ignore them, as most tables in a club/competition would have them anyway?
Also, any advice on how to avoid damage to the table from high humidity would also be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance everyone!

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Thats right Carl.... and I only got it delivered last Saturday, and pulled it down and inspected it closely yday

Last edited:
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
But micro scratches (that are just barely visible) should not really affect the playing characteristics/surface should they? (just checking if they start being difficult with a replacement)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Scratches are quite common, you get small particles of dirt on the table, and when you fold the table it rubs the the surface. Before you fold and cover the table, you can clean the table by using a microfibre car cloth since it's anti static. Some tables sweat, especially when they are transported from a cooler area to a warmer area. Condensation is normal especially when the storage area is a little warmer compared to the hall.