The league started

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
hi,
well here in Luxembourg, it starts next Saturday but I played a tournament. Here, we can play in 3 different categories, I reached the quarter finals in two of them, in the third one, I lost 3-2 against a better ranked player!
I think I'm good but let's see how it is Saturday, I have 4 days to practice left ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, I couldn't videotape it. I don't have a camera ^^
Our team lost 7-3. I won one game and the other one won two. Our team is composed by four, I played first. The two behind lost all their games.. and the doubles were lost too...
Not a good start for the team but a medium start for me ^^
That were strange players.. The one had pimples and played all over the table with one side of the rubber and the other ones had strange blades where the sound was like they were playing only with wood o_O ^^

So, that was my game :)

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Flanders, Belgium here. 3rd match this Saturday. I'm now at 8/8 won matches, prolly add another 4/4 this Saturday, going for Champion this season. (dropped 3 leagues down this season to get some young players to the 'top' :) )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
Flanders, Belgium here. 3rd match this Saturday. I'm now at 8/8 won matches, prolly add another 4/4 this Saturday, going for Champion this season. (dropped 3 leagues down this season to get some young players to the 'top' :) )
THats brilliant, keep it going=)
My team won last night in the local league, i played 3-0 =)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oki, my results will be here :D
Žilina Energodata H

Hmm.. SO in the end I didnt play in that team, I didnt play any league at all..
It was because in the team I was planning to go, there were 4 players and they just wanted to play every match and even if I would go there, I wouldnt play much..
They went into lowest possible league in Žilina and they won it, won all matches but one, so they are going now into 6th..
I told them before the season that they should go into 6th, 7th is too low..
They were scared, this is the result..
Now, when I asked other teams and got opportunities, one of them went off.. I mean - like he said he will not play anymore..
Right after that there was a tournament and after 3 years of not playing in any league I went there and played some great table tennis..
(of course - comparing to others low ranked players - you cant do much without training)
They offered me a place in their team - saying, that I will have to play every match..

So .. now..
I have 2 major opportunities.. which to pick?

I have 2 teams.. both in same league.. wanting me to play there..
In the first - I would have training 4 times a week plus one day for match (but I wouldnt probably play many matches)..
In the second I would have training cca 3 times a week, one of them would be match, where I would play 4 singles and one doubles match.

Which team should I pick?
In both teams I think I might be able to play with the very best players when I deal with them, so..

I am thinking, that the second would be better, because I would play more matches.. Is it correct thinking??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I only want to get better..
But what will make me better..?
More matches or more training? :)

More training, if the training partners and coach are good. You don't improve technique in matches. What you learn in matches is mental strength and tactics. In training you can focus on technique, fitness and consistency.
But matches are interesting to see what parts of your game need extra work. But of course you can also play matches against clubmates or in tournaments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
More training, if the training partners and coach are good. You don't improve technique in matches. What you learn in matches is mental strength and tactics. In training you can focus on technique, fitness and consistency.

But that is exactly my problem - mental strenght and tactics..
I lose a lot just because of that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
But that is exactly my problem - mental strenght and tactics..
I lose a lot just because of that.

Well you could choose to try and work on that.. But then the choice should also depend on your teammates and people like coaches and such in those clubs, since tactics is something that you can learn alot about from other people.