Information On How To Glue with Water Based Glue

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is a thread for people to supply information on how to glue rubbers on using Water Based Glue. Everyone has a slightly different method. I like to put a few layers of glue on the rubbers and one layer on the wood. I like to make the layers on the rubber somewhat thick. I leave the rubbers to dry on a flat surface near a fan. And I leave the fan on low, at least 20" (20 inches--51 centimeters) away from the rubber.

If you have a video you like that shows how you glue. Or if you wanted to make your own gluing instructional video for people who want to learn how to do it, this is the thread to give your information.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Nice one Carl! Top advice once again.

I'm just about to put my newly bought Tenergy 05's on so if anyone could recommend a good video I'd be very happy. This glueing malarkey is different to my speed glue days.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I personally like a decent amount of glue so I put a medium coat of glue on the blade and I will put two and sometimes three layers of glue on the rubber and I like making the glue on the rubber semi-thick even though it takes a while to dry. I like having a little extra glue.

Reactions: shinshiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Nice one Carl! Top advice once again.

I'm just about to put my newly bought Tenergy 05's on so if anyone could recommend a good video I'd be very happy. This glueing malarkey is different to my speed glue days.

I'd say that these video's are useful:

In the first video they're using glue that's a bit more runny (DHS No. 15?) and in the second video glue that's much thicker, I think it's Nittaku Finezip. But as you can see, both methods are pretty similiar. In both video's one layer on the blade and one layer on the sponge is applied.

Then there's this video in which multiple layers of glue are applied:

Again, the proces is pretty similiar, except the amount of layers of glue he applies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
For me whenever I'm glue-ing for someone else, I tend to use more glue just to ensure it never ever un-stick because of edges.

I put a thick layer on the blade, usually the minimum amount to make the blade shimmer underlight, as if it was lacquered.

Since most of the rubber i've been glue-ing are either tenergies or ESN rubbers, I put two medium thickness layer on the blade, since the first layer will just soak into the sponge.

Align the rubber and the blade, and then use roller to avoid the air bubble. I basically don't use any force at all or the rubber will shrink when you try to re-glue it

I use cutter blade because that's the easiest way to get smooth edges

Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
This is a thread for people to supply information on how to glue rubbers on using Water Based Glue. Everyone has a slightly different method. I like to put a few layers of glue on the rubbers and one layer on the wood. I like to make the layers on the rubber somewhat thick. I leave the rubbers to dry on a flat surface near a fan. And I leave the fan on low, at least 20" (20 inches--51 centimeters) away from the rubber.

If you have a video you like that shows how you glue. Or if you wanted to make your own gluing instructional video for people who want to learn how to do it, this is the thread to give your information.

Hi, Carl. How long do you let the glue dry before putting a second layer on the sponge?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi, Carl. How long do you let the glue dry before putting a second layer on the sponge?

The actual answer is not a period of time. When the glue is fully dry and clear and there is no more opaque white coloring to the glue. When it is more humid, that can take longer. When it is less humid that could happen faster.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Jirrex and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wouldn't it be a good idea to start a similar tread for sealing and cutting?

A thread for sealing would be very good.

Not a bad idea to make a thread for sealing. Not sure when I will get a chance to make the thread. If you want to make the thread, go for it. I should film my method for sealing since I feel it is so easy to do the way I do it. But I am not sure when I will get a chance to do that.

As far as cutting, I think there is some footage in the gluing threads about cutting. I personally just use scissors even though I have cut with a knife as well. Scissors is just faster and I am not too concerned with the cut being perfect. After you cut a few times, you get the hang of it, whichever method you use for cutting.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
I glued my new setup like this:

Blade:
- 1 thick layer of Yasaka Norisuke-san glue on both sides then dry with blow dryer

FX-P:
- 1 thin layer of YN glue
- blow dryer
- 2nd thicker layer of YN glue
- blow dry and good to go

H3 Neo:
- 1 layer of thick DHS no. 15 glue
- 6 layers of VOC glue (blow dried before another layer is applied)
- 1 thin layer of DHS no. 15 then blow dried
- 1 last thick layer of DHS glue :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I glued my new setup like this:

Blade:
- 1 thick layer of Yasaka Norisuke-san glue on both sides then dry with blow dryer

FX-P:
- 1 thin layer of YN glue
- blow dryer
- 2nd thicker layer of YN glue
- blow dry and good to go

H3 Neo:
- 1 layer of thick DHS no. 15 glue
- 6 layers of VOC glue (blow dried before another layer is applied)
- 1 thin layer of DHS no. 15 then blow dried
- 1 last thick layer of DHS glue :)

Woah, that's a lot of glue on the h3 neo...